Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

still no airbusx extended...

It will be like buying the iFly 737 then moving upto the NGX.

Just to find out there's really not much of difference, excpet a few little extras.

Did any of you guys like prepay for this or something? Was monies deducted from your account and a promise date of delivery made?

Just trying to make sense of people actually getting angry over a addon not being released when they want it to be. They should probably release it now then, and then just iron all the problems and stuff not working right at a later date, so at least it will be released right? I would so much rather pay money for something broke then wait a while for something good.

To be honest, I don't quite understand this whole discussion. I think we should all be glad Aerosoft wants to sort out major problems before they release their product, so we can get a good and solid addon as soon as they consider it "sim-worthy". If they released it now, and it were full of bugs, most likely very obvious ines among them, the same guys now complaining about its delay would jump at Aerosoft then, too.

I don't want to wait for it any longer for it, either, but still I find it better to stay calm and fly other airliners instead, till the Airbus X will be out.

Regards,

Flo

Yeah I agree. Some people are just coming across like arrogant, expectant kids (I take that back, it's an insult to a lot of kids, who show more patience and maturity).

Aerosoft owe no-one a release date, and their intent is clearly a good one - not to rush the product out, when it still needs some maintenance.

Give them a break. They owe you nothing.

Just trying to make sense of people actually getting angry over a addon not being released when they want it to be.

To be honest, I don't quite understand this whole discussion. I think we should all be glad Aerosoft wants to sort out major problems before they release their product, so we can get a good and solid addon as soon as they consider it "sim-worthy".

Aerosoft owe no-one a release date, and their intent is clearly a good one - not to rush the product out, when it still needs some maintenance.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the above, I have some sympathy with people getting a little cynical. Airbus fans have been waiting for so many years now. Plenty of developers/publishers have identified the need for a realistic Airbus simulation and announced many products, but after 7 years of FSX we have seen companies fail (Airsimmer still around?), cancel their plans, and the few products that have come out way have all fallen well short of what people expect. Some have fallen short less then others but the fact remains that it has been a long wait.

I have to admit that Aerosofts PR could have guessed that providing premature release dates could bring about the hostile reactions I have seen here and elsewhere, and Aerosofts own forum is now headed by a disclaimer, warning people not to unfairly criticise their Airbus team. Post deletions have been coming hard and fast over there.

I have even seen the owner and CEO of Aerosoft getting involved in a German language forum to call for calm and ask for the personal insults levelled at Mr. Kok (Aerosofts PR guy and project manager on the Airbus X Extended) to stop. Ouch.

In the end what all those big waves show is the level of anticipation, and if Aerosoft manage to buck the trend of the last 7 years and release a good product, I'd bet that all will be forgiven (and a considerable amount of money will flow their way too). Hence they'd be well advised to make sure the product is indeed good, and hold it back until they are certain of that. And it looks like that's what they are doing. Fine by me.

Well we've been told that the only thing stopping release is a problem with one file to do with the MCDU, which is a release stopper. That has to be fixed obviously and while it is they are taking advantage of the time to add additional features. All well and good. I just hope that adding, FPA for example, does not hold up the product from release once the MCDU problem is resolved.

I orderd this airplane last December believing it would be out for a christmas release, then discovered it would be January ( still alright ). Since then I've been watching the progress and seen countless times when the project director has been saying "we really must get this out soon". Personally I think it was a mistake to give give out an actual date and then not only miss that date but miss it by a considerable way. This has left a lot of people on tender hooks.

So yes get the main bug fixed first and add some extras while waiting but DO NOT delay the release by adding something complex that will require more testing and more delays that was due to be put in SP1 anyway.

I'm still hopeful of a release relatively soon so we can stop drooling over screenshots and actually give it a go ourselves.

Keep up the good work developers. There are a lot of us who appreciate what you are doing.

"CLOSE TO RELEASE" has been added to the thread title at the Aerosoft forums once again. Also there seems to be confirmation from Mathijs that they are bringing the A318 and A319 into the family.

Interesting news to say the least, and my interest on Aerosoft's Bus is suddenly growing again. I hope they really meant what they said about the A330...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for the HU!

I read that myself a few minutes ago, and I must say it's really good news. Hopefully they can keep the release date ("before Christmas")!

But as I stated in another thread, I don't trust any release dates any more.

Flo

Just to find out there's really not much of difference, excpet a few little extras.

...or to find out that if you just waited a bit you would of had the best by spending half the money.

Remember this?

http://www.airlinerxp.com/a320home.html

Every other potential Airbus is no different,UNTIL they release it.

Don't hold your breath.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”