Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

still no airbusx extended...

will it take 14 years ..hope not :smile:

I guess it will be released at some point between the next month and the end of this year, the problem for Aerosoft is that the A3xx by FSLabs is also scheduled for the next 30-90 days...and once this bird is in the market i'm not sure who would want to buy the Airbus X Extended.

I guess it will be released at some point between the next month and the end of this year, the problem for Aerosoft is that the A3xx by FSLabs is also scheduled for the next 30-90 days...and once this bird is in the market i'm not sure who would want to buy the Airbus X Extended.

If i got any money i'd buy both :smile:

steve-0

We'll see what FSLabs brings when they bring it. So far graphically I've been pretty underwhelmed with what I've seen. However as is the case with them, I've seen very little.

Aerosoft's only mistake in my opinion has been giving specific dates for release. People whine about a release date, then one is given and they whine about updates, if the release date is missed they whine about that, if the product is released with any bugs people whine about that. There is no way to completely avoid the whining as people are inescapably compelled to do so about anything they can find to do it about. So for me they should simply do the best job they can do considering both quality and time constraints, fix the bugs as they are discovered, and leave the rest to what is human nature.

- Aaron

TCAS doesn't work on Vatsim so Ill be skipping it.

It doesn't work... YET. It's being added as we speak, since the 'bus was yet delayed another week as the MCDU developer works his way out of bugs.

The thing is, with yet another delay and who knows what else, the Airbus Extended is being dangerously pushed into FSLabs possible release dates and i am not going to buy it with FSLabs around the corner. I don't know if FSLabs will make it this year or not, but i'm thinking with my wallet more than with my brain right now... I have been using Wilco's for more than 2 years now, i can hold another 2-3 months for FSLabs and skip this one...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

i can hold another 2-3 months for FSLabs and skip this one...

Same mentality for me... The farther they push the release... The less likely they are going to get my cash.

I think unless FSL has announced a date for the release, or at the very least come up with significant previews of their bus I will buy the aerosoft airbus extended and fly it until the FSL one is released and any initial bugs which are bound to happen on such complex addons have been fixed.

It has just been too quiet at FSL to still expect a November release like Lefteris mentioned in the Aerosoft conference. If they have managed to keep to the date and have kept their cards that close to their chests, then fair play, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

I'm sure FSL will make the better plane, but I would be pleasantly suprised if it comes out this year.

Yeah, i tend to agree unfortunately... I don't recall how they released their Concorde, if they previewed it or just released it out of nowhere (doesn't mean they will do the same now, anyway).

Still undecided. Specially after having such a bad experience with the BlackBox... "thing".

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I've just got a feeling in my chops FSL will not release their A320 this year. The complexity of the thing the way they described is just astounding and I'd be very surprised if they've not had any problems. That said I'd probably buy both since they represent very different philosophies in terms of looks and system depth.

Yeah I think I will buy this Aerosoft Airbus first and then fly it until FSLabs comes some day.

It will be like buying the iFly 737 then moving upto the NGX.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hey, the regular Airbus X is a great addon. I'm still flying it until the Extended is out. So I can wait longer, even next year!...lol

I too really liked the Airbus X. I never installed it again after reinstalling FSX because I'm awaiting the Extended, but I used top have great fun with it after installing some third party patches and fixes for the FBW and throttle. I'm not even sure I'll be buying the FSL Airbus after getting the Extended either. If the Extended is as great for the FPS as the original Airbus X, it means I will have a good, medium level bus with great FPS and beautiful looks. That's all I've wanted from that plane, because let's face it: I don't use any of the high-level functions in any of the PMDG planes I have. I just fly it the way it should be flown without any failures and such.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It will be like buying the iFly 737 then moving upto the NGX.

I don't think so. The iFly 737 only came a month or so before the NGX, and it was quite clear at the time that the NGX was about to come out at any time. Therefore I was quite willing to wait for the NGX and I never bought the iFly. In this case I am saying that there is no indication that the FSL is ready to be released any time soon and unless this changes before the Extended comes out, I think the low price of the Aerosoft bus makes it a quite valid purchase in the mean time.

The iFly 737 only came a month or so before the NGX

I am pretty sure it was a bit longer than this... Something more like 3 months.

Yes, you may well be right, as the NGX was "close to release" and in beta testing for quite a long time and there were some delays (if that is possible without a release date). I guess what I am saying is that at the time it felt like the NGX was going to come out soon, whereas I don't get the same feeling with the FSL bus. I could well be wrong though.