Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

AirSimmer Customer Support - Absolutely Appalling

We discussed closing it, but --seeing as there's no ToS issues-- opted not to.

Excellent choice.

As a; "Moderator", on a Flight Sim, and Musical Instrument Forum, I make a point of not interfering with Members discussions, and avoid the power of imposing my own personal opinions and preferences on the subjects being discussed.

As a; "Moderator", I keep a low profile, and merely assist in technical matters, and offer technical advice.... :Whistle: ....!

Anything REALLY serious, I leave to the Site owner.

All-powerful "Moderators" can can be the bane of Members lives...trust me!.... :Alien: ....!

Paul.... :Big Grin: ...!

Guest tupolev280

I'm happy to read things changed in the end, a topic is no longer closed due to a moderator not liking the post, but because it violates the TOS.

Hopefully all the topics who doesn't violate the TOS, will be open.

P.S I think we have been discussing all kinds of stuff here, including AirSimmer, Airbus, aircraft addons for flight simulator, customer support, about Rob's life and volunteering, about a certain moderator, and now about closing/opened threads... Interesting to see what will be next.

Rob

Thanks for all your help with the AS A320, both directly and indirectly. You will be greatly missed. Enjoy the PMDG777 when it comes out, you deserve it mate.

I echo Gavin's praise and wish you well Rob.

Amazing how some want to puff out their chests and demand that this thread be closed. It has been a very enlightening thread, sad for both of the main players, but also a clear message to developers that many still have high expectations of quality customer service.

Long may this continue.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

The answer to ANZ121's Signature..."The speed of Dark". .....Is it faster, or slower, or the same speed, as; Light?.....and my Honda Motor-bike... :rolleyes: ...!

No matter how fast light travels, the dark was always there first. So pretty fast I suppose.

Honda... that could be in the balance. Do you ever get a red shift when the road's empty ahead of you?.

If that is the case, surprising that the Bulgarians haven't blocked avsim (as national laws must apply on the net as well). But good they don't, because if they did most websites would be blocked.

Anyway, instead of you being rude as well, do you really think it will help? If you are nice to me, I am nice to you, but the same apply to the mods, the forum members, and anyone in general.

......................... As I have a friend who is police, he said many rules of avsim were "illegal" by Bulgarian law(and that the mod was very disrespectful) when I explained to him what happened while he was at my place for a few drinks.

This is not the problem as avsim is not bulgarian, the problem is the behaviour of some mods/members.

smiley-confused002.gif

With all due respect............. I remember you saying that you're originally from Finland (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387027-american-airlines-inspecting-jets-for-loose-seats/page__st__25#entry2488904). So why not lay of us Bulgarians eh..... and frankly stop talking nonsense

A lot of your posts are way too political and you've started to show up in all the problem spots on these forums way too often. Take it easy please.

For a relatively new member you've been warned by my colleges here at AVSIM many times now.

Read our ToS, take special note of this:

AVSIM is not a democracy, and there is no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in our forums. If you believe that you are entitled to that freedom without restriction and that you should be able to do and say as you please, then reconsider... Please do NOT register.

and be warned that this is your last warning ever, any more snippy little comments, politics (especially potential political flamers), etc.... and you're out of here, which would be a shame as some of your posts and contributions are of value. But this is not a Political Forum and our patience is not limitless.

It's a real shame that Rob has decided to end his involvement with the AS forums. Thanks to him my A320 became useable again and I for one am incredibly grateful that he gave me a couple of hours of his time for a one on one team viewer session to get it up and running.

Guest Reason

It's a real shame that Rob has decided to end his involvement with the AS forums. Thanks to him my A320 became useable again and I for one am incredibly grateful that he gave me a couple of hours of his time for a one on one team viewer session to get it up and running.

I have visited the Technical Forums for couple of times these past few days and he never showed up since he stated he would stop supporting. Although almost everything is covered in pinned topics and I got everything I need to know, AS must change their policy, their future products are at stake.

I have visited the Technical Forums for couple of times these past few days and he never showed up since he stated he would stop supporting. Although almost everything is covered in pinned topics and I got everything I need to know, AS must change their policy, their future products are at stake.

Are there future products? I didn't think so (besides whisperings of an "Advanced" version ages ago).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest Xtremme
AVSIM is not a democracy, and there is no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in our forums.

That's pathetic.

Guest Reason

Well, they stated that after the Advance there would be 330 and 340 thou I have stopped hoping. The basic 318/319/321 variant too hasn't been released although they claimed they had finished it and it was a matter of time.

Even though they are future products, I am afraid they wmay not survive and they may be only wasting of time as it is widely known that they have unpleasant reputation unless they do something about it, I mean AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Since Rob left, I think they are in deep deeeeeppp messs

Get you money back and move on. There are a lot of nice jets out there.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I mean AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Since Rob left, I think they are in deep deeeeeppp messs

They've been a mess for quite a while now. I think this product has gone as far as it can go. The developers don't seem interested in finishing up the basic so I doubt you'll ever see the advanced. It's not vaporware, but it's close.

NAX669.png

Wow there are still people willing to buy the Airsimmer crap even now, even after the tons that have been written about how it works and how it flies.... I'm not as amazed at how the moderator replied as I am at people needing an Airbus for FS 9 so much. If I were a developer I would already have something under way. It seems not that hard to do it better than Airsimmer and I would have a market on my own. IFly A320 anyone

@Xtremme - It's not pathetic mate, thats how every forum is run.

Anyway's, I'm amazed this thread is still running. Popped in to clear up a few things. Firstly, thanks to those who posted kind comment's it really was a pleasure working with you guy's and getting your system's up and running :)

Ok, Kirk is looking after things over on the AS forum, he has been helping me out of his free time for a quite a while now. He's also been part of the Advanced Beta team for many years and has a wealth of knowledge to offer. We talk outside of the forum and he knows if anything is too technical he can get hold of me anytime and I'll be glad to help.

Same goes for any customers that are stuck or have a question regarding the technical operation of the A3xx (Virtual or Real) and I will happily answer any questions when I'm free.

Like many of my other hobby's Aviation will alway's be a huge passion in my life, like it say's on the forum 'Knowledge is useless unless you share it'. what I wont be doing anymore within Airsimmer is answering private emails asking for the FSX for the hundreth time, and putting up with general abuse from complete strangers, hense why I informed managment to look for someone else, it just get's tireing after a while (especially reading posts like the one from the newbie above!).

However, I should add 99% of the time the customers have been great and the vibe on the forum has been brilliant.

@Zach, I put together a package for the Advanced customers about a month ago, any ET members are free to contact me for a download link and quite a few are already using it. I've been flying the Advanced for about 3 years now, didn't think anything could pull me away from my beloved PMDG 747 Freighter. It's a shame it hasn't been released to the public however I'm not going to get into all that. All I know is they are still commited.

anyway, I think thats it, see you around :)

Rob Prest