Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

AirSimmer Customer Support - Absolutely Appalling

Hey Rob, the community knows who you are, dont sweat it. One mistake doesn't represent the whole you. And don't let one noob ruin all. Most of them are just following the crowd. cheers mr. Prest :drinks:

As I stated in an earlier post, I've owned the Airsimmer Bus from the day it was released. It was really the only reason that I kept using FS9. While it certainly has its' flaws and bugs, it still remains the best representation of an Airbus for FS9. The real fault lies with the developers. They fix things in dribs and drabs with the carrot out there that there will be an advanced version sometime in the future. I think I have a better chance of seeing God first. Whatever happened between Rob and the OP is unfortunate. Firstly, because the OP paid for the product and wasn't getting the support he felt he deserved Secondly, because whatever has happened to cause Rob to step away has now eliminated any hope of support for new users. You can be sure the developers aren't going to pick up the baton. Maybe it's just time for this charade to end and the Airsimmer folks should just fold up their tents and pack it in.

I'm in the same boat,and 100% agree with you.

never needed support,but probably delete fs9 now.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Um... silly side note... Bubbles is the name of a chimp... *grin*

I am "thinking" :- I don't mind being called a chimp !!

(been called a lot worse)

This should not be blamed on one individual member of the airsimmer team. This is a problem of the entire company. When a company charges full price for a product, you expect the full product, which includes quality customer service. Dont get me wrong, it was an extremely generous act that someone was actually willing to donate time to donate their services for free. However, when I pay full price for a product, I would expect to get what I pay for, which includes quality support. If they are going cheap on customer service then they need to lower the cost of the product. If the product was $15 there would be no problem, but the product is the same price as Quality Wings for example. I dont want to pay for something that I have to argue with people to get support. Even if Bristol did accuse the customer support of something, then his needs must be met. The customer is always right, especially when he is paying a premium price.

The customer is always right, especially when he is paying a premium price.

Well, not always. Sometimes customer blame products for something they just don't know or have broken themselves. I remember when I worked for a call center a customer called and wanted us to send him a new laptop, but in fact he had broken his old laptop himself by spilling coffee on it.

P.S, laptops are more expensive than this AirSimmer Airbus, still support for them isn't at premium. Which in fact, is a pity. Bloody call center companies moving the jobs overseas making the global economy crisis even worse. There is other business which move overseas as well... People suffer in Europe partially thanks to this... And not only Europe.

Wasn't expecting to end up on avsim this morning, expected this thread even less. Glad to see you stretch your wings Rob.

This should not be blamed on one individual member of the airsimmer team. This is a problem of the entire company. When a company charges full price for a product, you expect the full product, which includes quality customer service. Dont get me wrong, it was an extremely generous act that someone was actually willing to donate time to donate their services for free. However, when I pay full price for a product, I would expect to get what I pay for, which includes quality support. If they are going cheap on customer service then they need to lower the cost of the product. If the product was $15 there would be no problem, but the product is the same price as Quality Wings for example. I dont want to pay for something that I have to argue with people to get support. Even if Bristol did accuse the customer support of something, then his needs must be met. The customer is always right, especially when he is paying a premium price.

Agent, you have nailed it in a very logical manner. I find it odd that the person in control of support would state that they are doing it for free , as if that should make some sort of a diferance.

ZORAN

Agent, you have nailed it in a very logical manner. I find it odd that the person in control of support would state that they are doing it for free , as if that should make some sort of a diferance.

If you praise a post that distinguishes products and expectations based on price ($15 as opposed to $40) then why can you not extend the same principle the other way to something (Rob's support) provided for free?

I understand perfectly the rights of a customer, but also see a distinct difference between a paid employee and a tired volunteer who's given better more personal support than even some large developers.

I'd hammer the company, not the volunteer.

Regards,

Mark

Unless Rob held somebody up at gunpoint, he couldn't reflect poorly on the company. The guy busted his hump doing support for Airsimmer. For whatever reason, in this one instance, he'd had enough.

NAX669.png

Now, if we remove the "bad" customer support point. Why does everyone hate Airsimmer so much? Is there any valid point for all this bashing of the Russian Airbus?

The Airbus itself isn't that bad but it requires a number of tweaks to get it to fly properly. The developers have been MIA to the community for quite a while. I know Rob had been in contact with Zora and it looked like we might see the extended version but there's been no news. I don't feel cheated but I am disappointed that the aircraft was never completed.

NAX669.png

If you praise a post that distinguishes products and expectations based on price ($15 as opposed to $40) then why can you not extend the same principle the other way to something (Rob's support) provided for free?

I understand perfectly the rights of a customer, but also see a distinct difference between a paid employee and a tired volunteer who's given better more personal support than even some large developers.

I'd hammer the company, not the volunteer.

• I moderate for free. Should I be held to a lesser standard because of that fact?
  • When I volunteer at the local aviation museum, that's no excuse to act any way I please, is it?
  • I also volunteer to fly for the Young Eagles Program. Should I be less safe since I'm not being reimbursed for the flight?

I think it's unfortunate the meaning of "volunteer" is being insinuated as being of lesser quality. That should not be the case, and I hate that some folks are okay with that idea.

::Disclaimer:: The above in no way reflects Rob's support. I was, unfortunately, done with Airsimmer's product before Rob ever started support for them as I could not finish a flight with the product then.

It's obvious Rob has a sort of passion for the Airsimmer Airbus seeing the number of users praising his support. He's really kept the Airsimmer Airbus going far beyond it's forecast life. That being said, a resignation is in order when that "passion" turns to fatigue and new customers begin to notice. To me, that's only fair to Rob and the customers.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

That being said, a resignation is in order when that "passion" turns to fatigue and new customers begin to notice. To me, that's only fair to Rob and the customers.

Agreed. I was too general - Of course a volunteer chooses to serve, and ought to do so with distinction having so chosen. I was speaking specifically of just Rob and his individual situation. I repeatedly cite his yeoman service to so many for so long with seemingly little backup in terms of solutions from the developer. Plus he himself recognized his limitations, apologized and vacated the position - I'd cut anyone like that the same slack.

Regards,

Mark

Anyone else think Rob's departure will be the coup de grace for AS? I've not been active on their forums in quite some time, but he did quite a lot to turn things around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC