Sign in to follow this  
SparkGaming

What's your favorite airport?

Hello flight simmers, this is my first post very excited for feedback!

So I was wondering what are people's favorite airports to fly in and more importantly, why?

for me I enjoy KBOS, Boston Logan Airport of Boston, Massachusetts I live about 30 minutes away from Logan and i think I've probably flown there 10-20 IRL and maybe 30 times in FSX.

-Max

Probably La Guardia.... Short runway (powerful TOs) and because of the proximity to the city and water.

Beautiful location for an airport IMO.

The next one... !!! :rolleyes:

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Chicago Ohare, both because of its complex runway / taxiway structure and the excellent 3rd party scenery I have.

Thanks, Bruce

I'm a HUGE fan of FSDT's KLAX and KLAS (Los Angeles to Las Vegas). I love getting home and doing the return flight with the PMDG 737NGX. One way = about an hour. Pick up the FSDT GSX which just makes it super immersive.

Love it.

BTW - cant wait to get home and fire it up.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I have 4 favorites for both real life and the sim.

1. KDFW - Specifically FSDT's version. Like it because I fly out of KDFW in real life and live not to far from the airport. When I couple FSDT's airport with MegaScenery Dallas, its the next best thing to actually flying the area. Plus, I am really happy that they made it one of the most FPS friendly airports I own, especially considering the size. The stock version of KDFW would only yield about 15 FPS max when cranked up and with 100% AI. The FSDT version gives me 25 to 30 FPS in the same conditions and looks 100% better.

2. KFLL - Was really glad FSDT did this one as well. I've done many real world flights from KDFW into KFLL through the years to go on vacation and have spent countless hours spotting at the little area they have near 09L. Make for one of my favorite flights to recreate from real life flights from KDFW.

3.TNCM - One of the most fasinating airports in real life. When the FlyTampa version came out years ago for FS9 it was one of the first payware airports I ever bought. It has provided countless hours of fun flying into and around it. Plus the included St. Barts makes for a fun little trip in. Never been to St. Maarten in real life yet, but its one of my planned vacations in the future.

4. SBRJ - Rio's Santos Dumont. I've loved this airport for years due to the location and difficult approach to fly into 02R. A few years ago I visited another friend/simmer who lives in Rio and we spent a few hours next to the guard gate at 02R taking pics and watching all the landings and take-offs. Back my FS9 days I probably did more flights from SBSP to SBRJ in the old PMDG 737 than I did any other flight. It was really cool to finally go there in real life and see just how unique it really is.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1. Paro International. Bhutan. This is the hardest airport for an airliner to land on. Nothing can beat this challenge IMO.

2. Courchevel. French Alps. Amazing view and awesome and challenging airport.

3. Lukla. Nepal. Another challenging airport

4. Aspen, Colorado. VOR Step down approach in low visibility is thrilling.

5, Everything else is eye candy maybe.,..but boring after a while..

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Flying on old hardware w/ less than sterling performance, I'm quite fond of KJAC from ORBX. Beautiful Grand Tetons, Lake Jackson, a cute little strip that you can takeoff in a 757-200 in no problem.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Flying on old hardware w/ less than sterling performance, I'm quite fond of KJAC from ORBX. Beautiful Grand Tetons, Lake Jackson, a cute little strip that you can takeoff in a 757-200 in no problem.

Yup yup! I live 5nm west of JAC, and it is fun taking off in a 757 on our little runway. Of course I'm partial to the scenery :)

My other fav would UNNT Tolmachevo (Novosibirsk). Just really like that place IRL, I love those old Soviet designed airports. Of course it's been renovated since my last visit and looks like most Western fields now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

PAFA Fairbanks by Aerosoft, PANC Anchorage by Aerosoft, PAJN Juneau for the approach and KSFO due to the heavy traffic....

Jeff

Kai Tak, because of the checkerboard approach to 13, and because of the really nice and well performing scenery by FlyTampa, and maybe London City for its steep approach and the wonderful view of London.

Flo

I use Rockhampton, Australia as a testing bed. I will usually fly smaller aircraft from Gladstone and heavier aircraft from Brisbane. It's a reasonably nice route to fly, Rockhampton can handle the largest of aircraft, and its not resource hungry.

PAKT Ketchikan, TNCM Princess Juliana, KORS Orcas Island and KEYW Key West.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.