Sign in to follow this  
richardnobes14

Inside a GE90-115B!

Amazing!!

Size is so impressive, Don't let no one tell you 'size doesn't matter'... B)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Since those things cost millions each, one can only assume that is an end of life version. Looks pretty darn good for having seen that many hours.

Gday

Yeah great video, was that you behind the camera?

I really shouldnt watch these videos, but i cant help myself, i just love big burners.

Watching these videos makes me want the 777 even more than i already do

Jeff

Yeah great video, was that you behind the camera?

Well as much as i'd like to have been, I found this video from one of my YouTube subscriptions, AusAviation149 a great channel thats really worth a look.

Gday Richard,

Im assuming that its from Australia, is that correct? On another matter it sucks that theres only one airline in Australia that has the T7 doesnt it ( Virgin Aust), Its got me stuffed why Qantas havent got any, At least we will see the 787 under jet star getting around, that if they dont cancel the remaining 15 of the order for 50 that is

Jeff

Gday Richard,

Im assuming that its from Australia, is that correct? On another matter it sucks that theres only one airline in Australia that has the T7 doesnt it ( Virgin Aust), Its got me stuffed why Qantas havent got any,

Jeff,

I am unsure of where the video and the engine for that matter are from. I'll PM the guy and let you know.

I guess that Qantas just never had the need for the T7 in its fleet. It's probably a combination of capacity, economy and cost. The current international fleet comprised of 767's, 747's, A330's and A380's seems to suit them just fine. But you never know what will happen after the retirement of the old 767's and 747's, will they opt for more Airbus aircraft? I'm sure that if the 787 project is successful with Jetstar that Qantas will probably order more of them. Sadly, I doubt that we will ever see a 777 flying the Qantas Kangaroo.

At least we will see the 787 under jet star getting around, that if they dont cancel the remaining 15 of the order for 50 that is

that if they dont cancel the remaining 15 of the order for 50 that is

That's if Boeing can ever manage to build enough of the things! :lol:

Gday Rich,

Yeah mate you just have to look at the orders for the 787, its a loooooooooooog list.

Ive done a few o/s trips with Qantas, one was on longreach, the one that went off the end of the runway a few years back.With regards to the 777, if you have a look at all qantas competition they all have 777s, and the articale i was reading says Qantas has made a mistake not ordering the 777.

Ps i have thousands of ff points with Qantas so i hope they dont go belly up

Jeff

Now imagine this with afterburner :lol: ... The economy class pax will have a set of those together with the blankets:

bl-viking_v3.jpg

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

10$ Million US Dollars has never looked so good! I'd rather have this than cash!

Tino :)

Sante Sottile

Back when I was in Civil Air Patrol as a young'n, an American mechanic gave us a tour at their hangar in ORD. We all posed for a picture with 7 of us standing inside the mouth of the engine back up against that big fan. You don't realize how massive those engines are until you are literally standing inside of it with a handful of other people with enough room to still move around! Wish I could find that pic.

Gday Chase

Consider yourself very lucky that you had the oppitunity to do this, i dont think there would be to many people that have actually had the chance to do that.

Can you remember what engine it was, i remember when i thought the engines on the 747 were big, there babys compared the the engines on the 777.

Jeff

Not too sure what engine type but it was mounted on the AA 777. It's pretty wild how I thought I had a good perception to the size and proportion of an airliner from flying as a passenger and seeing them thru a concourse window--I realized it's not until you're standing up against one that you truly marvel at the size and beauty.

Not too sure what engine type but it was mounted on the AA 777.

That's be a Rolls Royce Trent 800 :)

Alaister Kay