Sign in to follow this  
Bandselect

Just Buy It!

How is Opus in setting up its weather engine when it starts? How long does it take before you are ready to fly into real weather?

Once you have Opus weather configured, you shouldn't have to do anything other than launch it. That's it. I launch Opus before I start FS. By the time the sim loads, weather has already been injected and I'm ready to go.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I know that you cannot use Opus and EZCA

Sure you can. If you want to use EZCA just turn off the cameras in Opus using the configuration tab. You still have Opus weather. I'm still using EZCA only because I haven't set up the cameras in Opus to my satisfaction yet.

NAX669.png

Also I am convinced of this great adonn, go purchase it also. :lol: I now use AS2012 but OpusFSX does look much better.I gonna use the AS2012 textures because they look great.In AS2012 you can install several weather themes,I use the "infinity" theme and this looks great in the demo.Maybe somebody knows there is a theme what looks much better or does it makes no difference.What theme are you using in OpusFSX?

This weekend i am going to start setting up cameras with intention of removing ezca. Ezca works fine for me but if i can get the same views with this, including better motion effects, then it will be better to run just the one program.

The one part of the cameras i dont like is the head movement when banking. Fine in vfr but in the NGX i dont want to be looking out of the window when banking when i should be following the flight director.

True feebee, keep us posted, I am not thrilled by EZ interface, frankly I dont get half of it. Allthough I love the 3D views and smooth transitions in EZ im happy to get two in one; WX + cam.

23.png

The one part of the cameras i dont like is the head movement when banking. Fine in vfr but in the NGX i dont want to be looking out of the window when banking when i should be following the flight director.

Graham. You can disable head movement when banking in the Automatic Head Movement Dialog.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Cool, will read the manual and camera setup guide at weekend. Had quick look at the camera function when first installed but cameras are now temporarily disabled.

Sure you can. If you want to use EZCA just turn off the cameras in Opus using the configuration tab. You still have Opus weather. I'm still using EZCA only because I haven't set up the cameras in Opus to my satisfaction yet.

Oh, ok. Now if you have DBS Walk and Follow, I suppose you will have to disable Opus before you can enable the W&F, like you do with EZCA?

I have removed EZCA, one less dll loading at fsx start up. Opus cameras work fine and are easier to set up. The DHM is 100% more realistic, acceleration data is spot on.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Oh, ok. Now if you have DBS Walk and Follow, I suppose you will have to disable Opus before you can enable the W&F, like you do with EZCA?

Robert,

That I don't know. There is a demo version you can download and try.

NAX669.png

Robert,

That I don't know. There is a demo version you can download and try.

Thank you for your help. I believe I will go ahead and buy it tonight. It seems like everyone likes it a lot, and I really haven't found a weather engine that I really like.

Robert,

Just so you know what is coming soon

From Opus F1 forum...

In no particular order,

Historic METAR data ...

Initially using the NOAA 24 hour cylcle data and loaded based on your sims current Zulu hour.

Weather Smoothing ...

Automatically smoothing out the weather transitions between METAR updates and reducing the weather data burden on the simulator.

True Winds/Temps Aloft data ...

Using the GRIB data from the NOAA site.

Panning Control Keys ...

Additional Live Camera option to pan the view around using the four arrow keys + two others.

Choice of Weather Servers ...

Allows you to specify your primary choice of weather server, initially a choice of either the NOAA server (default), the Aviation Digital Data Service (ADDS) server, or Vatsim. You will also be able tospecify an optional secondary server choice (for any missing METARS).

New METAR Station List ...

A revised up to date list of METAR sites

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

We have implemented DHM (pilot) and DAM (aircraft) shake on the server and will next implement for the clients.

Regards

Cheryl

I have removed EZCA, one less dll loading at fsx start up. Opus cameras work fine and are easier to set up. The DHM is 100% more realistic, acceleration data is spot on.

Any tip on how you completely removed EZ?

23.png