Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

Has anyone tested SweetFX or FXAA in conjunction with Bojote's Shader 3 mod? I've already found ENB and Shader 3 don't get along on my ATI card. I run DX9 mode btw.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Many thanks for that information.-)

Just to make sure, and ask one more time...

Is anyone using FS in windowed mode with more than one screen?

I am using open cockpits V3 FMC and the fmc is a second screen and I need to undock the cdu in VC and drag it to the fmc screen...

Thats when my FPS drops to be steady at 4... from about 25... and this only happens with SWEETFX...

Has anyone got a similar setup to work?

:)

Niklas Eriksson

Many thanks for that information.-)

Just to make sure, and ask one more time...

Is anyone using FS in windowed mode with more than one screen?

I am using open cockpits V3 FMC and the fmc is a second screen and I need to undock the cdu in VC and drag it to the fmc screen...

Thats when my FPS drops to be steady at 4... from about 25... and this only happens with SWEETFX...

Has anyone got a similar setup to work?

:)

Yes its one of the three reasons I dropped this tool. I use two monitors one for the flying the other for flight planning, Plan G or charts. Sweetfx does not like this for some reason or other.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yes its one of the three reasons I dropped this tool. I use two monitors one for the flying the other for flight planning, Plan G or charts. Sweetfx does not like this for some reason or other.

+1

This is driving me nuts, none of my graphical mods, FXAA or sweetfx want to work in Windows 8. I think it has something to do with directory permissions, does anyone know what I need to change?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

This is driving me nuts, none of my graphical mods, FXAA or sweetfx want to work in Windows 8. I think it has something to do with directory permissions, does anyone know what I need to change?

I think I read somewhere that installing outside of the Program Files and Program Files(x64) folders gets around it... I think it was the instructions for REX+

Ok, here are some comparison shots : left = FSX, right FSX + SweetFX

I have to say I prefer the FSX!

I'm intrigued by the quality screenshots, what is it and where do I get it? I'm up to trying anything once....

cancel the above Ive found the link and trying it now.....

I think I read somewhere that installing outside of the Program Files and Program Files(x64) folders gets around it... I think it was the instructions for REX+

I don't think you can install Sweetfx outside the program files directory. It has to be inside the same directory as FSX. :( Anyone have any other solutions?

I don't think you can install Sweetfx outside the program files directory. It has to be inside the same directory as FSX. :( Anyone have any other solutions?

Er... install FSX into another directory... ^_^ It's always adviced to NOT install FSX (or anything for that matter) into that default Program Files folder. I NEVER install stuff in there if I have the option...!!!

Yes, but that would mean reinstalling over 60GB of data. Is there another option?

That ain't much B)

Not really.

Whats the root of the problem? Why the problem in Windows 8 but not 7? Here is my sweetfx log.log file

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

redirecting CreateDevice

initialising shader environment

device->GetBackBuffer failed

redirecting CreateDevice

initialising shader environment

ctory1

redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain

redirecting CreateDXGIFactory1

removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag

redirecting CreateDXGIFactory

redirecting CreateDXGIFactory

Well, I got it to work in Windows 8, but only when FSX is run in DX10 compatibility mode. Strange!

I don't get an FPS drop.