Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

Anyone know why I get a crash with SweetFX when stwitching to Full Screen or back after awhile? At the beginning I can switch between Half/Full Screen without problems but after awhile of flying if I do it she Stop Responding, evern when I turn of f Sweet FX

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

My first enthusiastic impressions were too optimistic. This seemed to be much more stable than ENB, but I'm getting CTD's with no error at all, which don't happen if I don't use SweetFX. What a bummer... :(

I love the tweakability of SweetFX, with a little bit of work it can be set up exactly to your personal taste. I for one am using it mostly to get rid of the somewhat hazy, desaturated look of default FSX. Here's a before and after in DX9:

Before:

8175209850_e7bf5d1a06_b.jpg

After:

8175176559_e3941b8599_b.jpg

Pretty minor. In fact, seeing them like this might even make you want to double check if they are not the same images, but just right for me. It does seem to be more stable in DX10 for me though.

Is it possible to use a different key to toggle, because my logitech has no scroll lock function.

The Pause key reloads shaders to show the effect of any changes you've made in SweetFX_settings.txt, but won't toggle the effect on and off. Open injector.ini in Notepad and change "key_toggle = 145" to to "key_toggle = xxx", where "xxx" is the keycode of the new key you'd like to assign. The new key should be one that's not currently in use by FSX itself (good luck, you may go into key assignments and remove the key assignment for "Transponder (select)" which is "T" by default, then put "key_toggle = 84" into injector.ini, after which you should be able to toggle SweetFX with the "T" key).

Go here for a list of available keycodes:

http://www.cambiaresearch.com/articles/15/javascript-char-codes-key-codes

Jim

Thanks for the info Jim but using the key combination I mentioned above actually sends the scroll lock key command on my Logitech keyboard since it hasn't a physical scroll lock key.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the info Jim but using the key combination I mentioned above actually sends the scroll lock key command on my Logitech keyboard since it hasn't a physical scroll lock key.

Roger that, Richard, I missed the "function+" part of your post, my apologies :smile:

I give up. I can't get sweetfx to work in dx9. I've tried reinstalling video card drivers with no such luck. I've tried turning off admin control mode without much luck. It works in dx10, but not in dx9.

Someone please post a solution or suggest something because I am pulling my hair out and will have to reinstall windows 7 if this persists.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I give up. I can't get sweetfx to work in dx9. I've tried reinstalling video card drivers with no such luck. I've tried turning off admin control mode without much luck. It works in dx10, but not in dx9.

Someone please post a solution or suggest something because I am pulling my hair out and will have to reinstall windows 7 if this persists.

Why don't you like DX10 mode?

Why don't you like DX10 mode?

1. FSInn doesn't work (actually its FSX doesn't work when FSINN starts). I get a blank screen when I start it up. FSX only works if its in Windowed mode.

2. I see the MS Flight Sim startup screen logo in the sky.

3. AI airplanes are all white (have no textures).

1. FSInn doesn't work (actually its FSX doesn't work when FSINN starts). I get a blank screen when I start it up. FSX only works if its in Windowed mode.

2. I see the MS Flight Sim startup screen logo in the sky.

3. AI airplanes are all white (have no textures).

I see. That is unfortunate. If I can find anything that might help, I will let you know. Good luck

I've done some experiments with Windows 8. I even tried deleting my shaders folder.

Out of the 3 -- ENBSeries, FXAA and SweetFX, I can only get ENBSeries to work in DirectX9 under Windows 8.

FXAA and SweetFX fail to work in DX9 mode. SweetFX works in DX10 mode, I haven't tried FXAA in DX10.

ENBSeries of course will not work in DX10.

So, I'm back to using ENBSeries -- of course the only problems I've had is the stability of the software. Oh well...hopefully they can compile SweetFX to work with Windows 8.