Sign in to follow this  
WoznikWRX

New AA Livery...yay or nay?

I see your point, but at the same time, anything new, by definition, is not going to be iconic.

Apple pie and baseball didn't become American icons immediately. Because of their inclusion in American history, they've been identified as such over time.

Similarly, the Golden Gate Bridge didn't get painted international orange to be recognizable as an iconic bridge. Rather, it was painted orange partially because of the color of the sealant, and partially because of the need to be visible to ships in the San Francisco fog (the standard grey in the rest of the country would've made it blend in). It was only because of its uniqueness identified over time that it's been identified as an iconic landmark.

That is a very good point and I agree with you. I guess I should clarify. What I mean is that AA, while they want to remake their image in coming out of bankruptcy, they probably still want to stay recognizable as a (hopefully) trustworthy, old-time legacy carrier. In other words, by uniconic, I really meant that I feel it strays too far away from their current livery. I could very well be completely wrong though.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Gday

Whatever they do not everybody is going to like it, colour is a very subjective thing, its what makes us human.

I dont mind that colour scheme at all,but hey thats just me

jeff

I think it looks fine. They have to get away from the chrome because they are buying aircraft made of composits. This is not outstanding, but it looks ok. I'll bet everyone will be crying out for someone to make the new repaints. ^_^

I'll probably like the official new livery. Hopefully, they stay with the AA on the tail.

Keith Guillory

Nice enough livery, but why bother? In a year or so, they'll probably become part of USAirways or Southwest or JetBlue, like all the rest.

Maybe someone could paint one up for FS, that way we could at least play with it for awhile.

Cheers..

I don't know how they have managed to make it worse than the old one. That in itself takes skill

So true!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It may be time for them to refresh their livery, if only because of the recent bad press about the bankruptcy, the worker revolts and their impact on customer satisfaction, and the old aircraft that they still use like the MD-80. Sometimes it is best to start from scratch, and I presume this livery will tie into their emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as a new carrier, either standalone as before or merged with U.S. Airways. I'm hoping for the latter, as I have made lots of money trading U.S. Airways stock, and have bought a huge amount recently anticipating real merger news before the year is over!

Kind of makes me think of Aeroflot a bit. I kind of dug the white A/A livries on the MD90. The only "polished" livery I really like is CP Air. That chrome/orange scheme reminds me of my times at YVR with pops when I was 6-7 watching planes all day on weekends...... blah blah, anyway, I'm kinda on the fence with the new livery for A/A. It will be a refreshing Change to see one someday at YVR.

So I was scrolling through my facebook this morning and one of my friends posted this one..I do not know where he found this or anything but just thought I would share since there was a post the other day about the new AA look...enjoy!

I like this one WAY better than the current. The current fits for an 80s movie, but this one moves it forward, which the airline wants.

First off I'm not sure why people are saying since they "may" change the livery. It is a certainty people, with the composite 787 body they have no choice, and they've stated that when the Dreamliner comes, a new fleet paint scheme will come with it. In regards to this concept, I don't really like it. I get that it's going for minimalism and modern lines for a clean ergonomic look, but this is just dull to be frank. It is my opinion that they should do a thing where they have a community of graphic designers put forward a plethora of ideas that can then be picked through and maybe even voted on. A clever way to bring fresh ideas into the mix, and what a neat thing to put on a graphic designers resume, that they're responsible for the look of a whole fleet of airplanes.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR