Sign in to follow this  
vipgroup

Unexpected UFO in FSX

Talk about unexpected!

I've been using a combination of Horizon's Generation X VFR scenery for central England, plus the Treescapes and UK2000 airfields for that area. Late last night I decided to fly a Jet Provost T5 out of RAF Cranwell. I set up some nice clouds in REX, and took off for a relaxing flight to get me sleepy enough for bed. All thought of sleep was instantly forgotten when I looked up (in VC mode) and saw a small black triangle high above. At first I thought it was a scenery glitch, but decided to climb to investigate it. Here are some screenshots. If you have these sceneries, check it for yourself!

1. This was my first view, looking up and wondering what I was seeing.

2. By the time I got to 16,000ft I knew it was something more interesting than a misplaced scenery artefact. I tried to climb higher, but the old JP was struggling.

3. I switched to a Harrier and kept climbing. This was exciting stuff!

4. Yes, in some file in that scenery combination, approximately 27,000ft over Cranwell, there is a large triangular craft.

5. It was a great find, almost as much fun as unexpectedly seeing a real UFO (which has happened to me on several occasions, and being a newspaper reporter I have duly reported upon.)

6. Whoever designed this "Easter egg" really put some detail into it. Kudos for giving a nice element of surprise.

7. Meanwhile, RAF personnel on the ground were watching too!

Enjoy.... and watch out for another post soon that shows an actual crop circle in the photo-scenery!

- Kenneth J. Kerr

I believe there is a UFO in the Area 51 area in FSX as well! Cool find!

I have yet to spot the FSX UFO over Groom Lake, but the search continues! Very cool indeed.

SO...Who believes? Count me in.

Wow,that is different.

nebojsa

Hee hee, fantastic!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

nice investiation, i am excited too ! if i had found it in dcs sims, i would have shot it down lol

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

That is weird. Nice shots!

Ditto on the wierd comment. I enjoyed this thread. Must be that time of year, that is, with Halloween just come and gone.