Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

I'm Desperate...Need MCP Combo Help

I had an issue with mine, I used mains power and it locked up ... nothing would get it out of the locked state, even a full PC re-boot and power off. First I lost part control of the heading knob, anti-clockwise movement had no effect - I thought the pot had gone!!! ... then a few days later the whole thing locked up ... I thought to myself ... ohhh dear what am I going to do!!! B)

What worked for me ... remove the power from the unit and switch the MCP to USB Power, then it worked! after I got it working I re-connected the mains power and no issues since.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Rich

Thanks Richardo but I have tried that as well with no luck.

Is VRinsight tech support good about responding? I emailed them early this morning but no acknowledgement from them. Don't expect immediate attention but do like to know if my request for help has been received.

I NEED my combo....I'm too old and lazy to go back to the old ways.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

VRinsight is in Korea - there is a big time differential. I highly recommend you reach out to Andy Digital on their forums or send him a PM from here. The tech in Korea is a fellow named KOOK and he is very sharp, but his time is limited - and so it may be a bit before you hear back from him. Have you written a help request on the VRi forums? You should get a lot of great ideas - probably someone ELSE has been where you are now, I'm thinking...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

In this case there is no point in contacting me on the VRi forum, it sounds like its a hardware failure, tech support will confirm it though and tell you what options you may have. Please do contact me over there if you have problems getting in contact with them, but allow at least 2 business days before doing so Kook is a very busy man.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy. I'm hoping to get a response today or tomorrow but understand job pressures.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Korea is +8 GMT/UTC so its 9:40pm there right now, VRi only work office hours, they aren't like me, I will answer stuff any time as long as I am awake and near a PC, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

Another day and nothing :(. Hope someone at VRinsight works on Saturday.

I have tried everything again without any luck. The Tx/Rcv buttons give a quick blink when FSX and LINDA load but that's all.

A last ditch effort would be to give it a smack with a small hammer but I'm hold off on that for a few more days.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

What a letdown :(.....got a response Saturday telling me to check Com3 in Device Mgr and read the USB Serial document. They were the first things I had done last week. Sent a second email with screenshots of logs, error messages, etc. No response yet and it is already past 8pm in Korea. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

After clearing USB ports again with usbdeview, plugging the combo in gets a "software/drivers installation UNsuccessful".

Btw....I discovered another free utility for clearing USB ports: It is primarily for clearing "ghost" ports. My PC had 256 (yes, 2 hundred and 56).

Utility is called Ghostbuster. Sorry I do not have the URL on this pc.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Please have a little patience and follow all their instructions, there is method to their madness, honestly. You were fortunate to get a reply on a Saturday, Kook must be catching up on a backlog of support enquiries after his business trip half way around the world last week. By the way Kook has another job as well so please bare with him.

Cheers, Andy.

No problem Andy. Time zones and distance can certainly complicate things. I am confident that VRinsight will get things back to norm. I can wait patiently but time is the issue here. I stopped buying green bananas on my 75th birthday :Doh:

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I feel for you Neal, I had, or should I say have, a problem with my Vrinsight tact and toggle panel, it took about several days before I got a response, then it was a couple of days after I replied to the initial response before I heard back. The idea of trying to rectify a problem via email is fine if it is done efficiently and speedily but all of a sudden, if there are days between each message then it becomes a useless way of trying to correct a problem. I have actually got on order a Vrinsight Boeing type MCP panel, so I hope I have no issues with it. I hope you get things sorted soon Neal... BTW, Andy has always been very helpful.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I feel for you Neal, I had, or should I say have, a problem with my Vrinsight tact and toggle panel, it took about several days before I got a response, then it was a couple of days after I replied to the initial response before I heard back. The idea of trying to rectify a problem via email is fine if it is done efficiently and speedily but all of a sudden, if there are days between each message then it becomes a useless way of trying to correct a problem. I have actually got on order a Vrinsight Boeing type MCP panel, so I hope I have no issues with it. I hope you get things sorted soon Neal... BTW, Andy has always been very helpful.

The VRinsight MCP Combo II (Boeing) is a great bit of kit. You'll LOVE how it enhances your flight experiences - I sure do!

You're right- Andy Digital is the best. And he is a volunteer!

Robert.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Final Report: I regret to inform you that my beloved MCP Combo has passed on. After extensive attempts to revive it Mr. Kook of VRinsight declared the main board dead. He tried many remedies and tests but there wasn't any way to save it.

Thanks for all the help from this forum and I must give VRinsight Tech Support credit for really trying.

I will try installing a new board and get it going again, make sure it is operating properly, and offer it for sale only because:

My NEW MCP Combo II Boeing type is scheduled to arrive next week :),

Regards to all

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

thanks Neal for the follow up.

Think positive: the MCP Combo II is a very nice thing with some great features.

Works great with LINDA and enhances your NGX experience over the Combo I

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hee hee, I'm sat here staring at my new MCP, trying to work out how to install it into my new simpit that I'm building....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776