Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

REX Essential Plus and Overdrive are ready!

Yeah gorgeous textures, a great program... BUT it doesn't inject the barometric pressure data!!!!!!!

There aren't any 'right textures' for the type of weather you are flying in... That's just marketing hype for a feature that (I think) most people don't even use. I use ONE set of textures (REX 2 btw) and that's it. You don't HAVE to load new textures everytime you get new weather! I wonder how many people actually load new textures for every flight...? I think most people also use one set of textures. The idea of loading new textures everytime... yikes.

FSX is created in such a way that it can portray EVERY kind of weather with just one set of textures. After all, FSX itself also came with one set of textures...! Granted, some kinds of weather may look even more convincing with certain kinds of sky textures, but it's not mandatory or necessary to load new textures every time.

I've been flying with the same set of textures for years! ^_^ (So all those new HD textures are wasted on me: that's why I didn't even download Overdrive.)

Right on, I fired up REXE once, installed the most realistic set of textures for my taste, never loaded it again ;-) Now I just fire up Opus and fly. But, a big but... I fly airliners and I am not happy about the lack of true winds aloft.

23.png

Yeah gorgeous textures, a great program... BUT it doesn't inject the barometric pressure data!!!!!!!

We worked the heck out of the pressure issue. On the forums there are several that found the solution. It was mostly do to an improper install or not running as administrator. I am now suggesting that everyone just re-install everything into C:\REX or whatever. It works the best since all the changes in Windows security.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I have it installed on my D drive, in a custom folder where all FSX additionals reside. All are out of Program Files folder.

Right on, I fired up REXE once, installed the most realistic set of textures for my taste, never loaded it again ;-) Now I just fire up Opus and fly. But, a big but... I fly airliners and I am not happy about the lack of true winds aloft.

Morten, it is not only the missing wind alofts, it's an inability to input any kind of flight planing and completely irrealistic fuel planing and burn.

My suggestion to any NGX or airliner flier, stay with AS or REX (which I yet have to really try out in longer flights).

Meh, buying OPUS tomorrow. I'm done with REX weather engine. Downloaded, took it for a spin, didn't like it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Ok....now I completely confused ...I've got REX Essentials Plus on my system now ( at least I think I do) as my FSS account shows but where do I find a link to the download the OD part?..Appreciate all your efforts many thanks..Wrench

I upgraded and now its broken.

When I ran REX+ and and did Fly now. I thought it would start fsx...but it didn't so I manually started FSX. Then I clicked fly now and I got the REXWX gauge and it showed the location of the flight I had picked.. then I get a pop up

The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check this file exists and try again.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

They have both flow charts and specific links for each option. And the whole "verify" thing - has been publicized and on-going since way back before the initial Essentials release.

All they're trying to do is get their users from a variety of older versions up to the current levels with either upgrades or full re-installs. Without charging any of their existing users. The nerve of those guys.

Scott

I don't read their forums. I bought their software (Rex essential) directly from flightsim store. Why should I have to go thorough a lengthy process of registering on their forum, posting my order number (which I have now done because there are no other options) to become authenticated so I can access their special forum so I can upgrade to OD?

Seems overly complex for something so simplistic. If there is an upgrade available provide one upgrade path, not like in this case.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

What this file? IS there a weather theme file? and where should this exist?

The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check this file exists and try again.

I have two folders under thene Backup and temp

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I don't read their forums. I bought their software (Rex essential) directly from flightsim store. Why should I have to go thorough a lengthy process of registering on their forum, posting my order number (which I have now done because there are no other options) to become authenticated so I can access their special forum so I can upgrade to OD?

Seems overly complex for something so simplistic. If there is an upgrade available provide one upgrade path, not like in this case.

The reason for putting in your order is to make sure you have a legally bought item from them ,its not the only addon forum you need to put in your order to gain access either.

Yes, and I don't get what's getting some so wrapped around the axle. Really. What they've done is given you options to go from just about any version to just about any other version. Figure out what you've got (they give all version numbers on their site so you can check your version, plus a flow chart), figure out where you want to go, grab your download and do it. Or, you can DL the whole shootin' match (with and without the OD textures) and start fresh. They have both flow charts and specific links for each option. And the whole "verify" thing - has been publicized and on-going since way back before the initial Essentials release.

All they're trying to do is get their users from a variety of older versions up to the current levels with either upgrades or full re-installs. Without charging any of their existing users. The nerve of those guys.

Scott

they could have made it a paid version to upgrade but no they decided not to, least you got a choice either have the plus version or the o/d version.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Still about as clear as mud...who's site do I go to ? FSS or REX or both? The FSS site does'nt show the OD portion? What flow chart?

Like the other writer I purchase my software from FSS and that's it. I don't join or sign up to individual developer web sites when I make my software purchases.

I did however send the REX people my FSS order number earlier today but I'm still at a loss as to where to go and what to do next...

Sorry if I sound like a pain in everyone's backside; I do appreciate the efforts that eveyone has made with this upgrade but all I want are a simple step by step set of instuctions or links as to complete all of this without having to go to a number of different sites to do it...

thanks all

Still about as clear as mud...who's site do I go to ? FSS or REX or both? The FSS site does'nt show the OD portion? What flow chart?

Like the other writer I purchase my software from FSS and that's it. I don't join or sign up to individual developer web sites when I make my software purchases.

I did however send the REX people my FSS order number earlier today but I'm still at a loss as to where to go and what to do next...

Sorry if I sound like a pain in everyone's backside; I do appreciate the efforts that eveyone has made with this upgrade but all I want are a simple step by step set of instuctions or links as to complete all of this without having to go to a number of different sites to do it...

thanks all

Once you get verified in the rex forum there you will able to get the o/d update patch for your rexe but u need to be sure what version you have before you update. Once in the main rex forum you will see a banner saying by memory its here click on this and it will bring you to the different version you can download the plus or the o/d version.

or you can go to your fss account and it should reflect the rex essential plus version where you can just download it from there and than you can upgrade to the o/d version once you get verified in the forum by using the upgrade patch.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Why should I have to go thorough a lengthy process of registering on their forum

Because this is a piracy measure, and with a good reason. Just look at some special sites... I know it might not consider you, but the piracy is the problem today.

I personally have found it no biggie.

Morten, it is not only the missing wind alofts, it's an inability to input any kind of flight planing and completely irrealistic fuel planing and burn.

My suggestion to any NGX or airliner flier, stay with AS or REX (which I yet have to really try out in longer flights).

Thanks for this info been browsing word on Opus trying to find reason not to buy it, dont like too many addons doing same thing.

But as said no true winds means no realistic fuel planning for FsCaptain long haul. In that case will stay with AS2012 for weather REX for textures.

Tried the original REx Esc in long haul, and could not figure out why my a/c was starting to stall at 38K feet, till i noticed rex engine was giving me wind of zero nots. Since then been AS2012.

Tried the new Rex+ Overdrive, getting stutters every time the weather screen is updated, old Rex Esc did not do that,

however others do have the issue as well, word on the rex forum to fix this is cutting back on some of the tick boxes for clouds etc, will try the fix later, switched to As2012 mid flight, will try the fix for rex stutters later.

Because this is a piracy measure, and with a good reason. Just look at some special sites... I know it might not consider you, but the piracy is the problem today.

I personally have found it no biggie.

This issue is I'm already registered to the Flight Sim Store where my account resides -- they have made Rex Essential Plus available for download on my account there, but not OD. So I just find that kind of funny.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering