Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

REX Essential Plus and Overdrive are ready!

It would be useful if any of the download links worked

Last night I went and grabbed the Torrent link zip file. Took a second to download. Started uTorrent and 45 minutes later I had a completed download. Being a good boy, I left the system on overnight and contributed 13gb+ to those wanting to use that method.

What were you complaining about again?

I downloaded essential plus (1029) this morning to update my Essential 1028 to Overdrive. I keep having the same problem that I have seen others have in unzipping where cabinets 13/14 appear to be corrupted but according to forum administrators the files are not corrupt. I have checked out the explanation by KayJae on the forums about clearing the cache etc. but nothing seems to help. I redownloaded and still the same problem.

This confuses me why dont people post their problems in the correct forum would make it alot easier for the devs and users to sort out their problems instead of tracking every thread and forum by the devs.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Forgive me. But i find al of this extremely frustrating.

I have REX Essential. I have no idea what "build" it is.

I have experienced the huge (2 hrs +) loading times and crashes every few days etc, and was delighted to see these were fixes in the "plus" package and that it would be free to upgrade for existing REX essentials users. However, after trawling around the internet for 3 and a half hours, I have no idea how I am supposed to upgrade?

Can someone please help me out? I am rapidly losing patience with spending money on FSX products only for me to find out I can use them, and I don't want REX to be added to that list!!

Just how do you upgrade?

Thanks,

Alex.

pmdgngxpilot.png

Where did you purchase it from?

I purchased mine from The FlightSim Store and was able to log onto my account and re-download it. Any such download should contain the updated version. I would think the same would be true with any 3rd party purchase. As for REX direct, I'm not sure.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Might as well try this thread as not having much luck in other avenues.

I can't change the weather region slider from anything other than 'small'. Any ideas? It's loading weather far more often than I want it to.

I just downloaded and installed it, and as I do not have any experience with OPUS, I cannot give a comparison. But this is an awesome add-on! It took me ~37 hours to download it - I have a broadband connection that usually runs around +10 Mb/sec, and the speeds on FS Pilot Shop started at 150 Kb/sec and ended up ~20 Kb/sec. Since I had nothing better to do, I just let it run.

The install went flawlessly (I downloaded the manual and read it in advance - very good idea!), and I initially let REX choose the textures randomly. Which worked great! I'll be doing a custom choice when I get more familiar with it. But I am very pleased with the purchase, and will probably even pop for the "real flight plan" subscription.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a quad-core machine with 4 Gb of RAM and 2 320 Gb hard drives.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can't change the weather region slider from anything other than 'small'. Any ideas? It's loading weather far more often than I want it to.

If you use the Wx Plus mode, the region is fixed and determined by the engine. All you can change is frequency (time). Try the Standard wx engine if you want more flexibility.

I have REX Essential. I have no idea what "build" it is.

Click on the "About REX" tab and it'll tell you your build number.

On the REX support site, there was a matrix describing what upgrade went from what to what. Sorry, I don't have a link anymore, but if you ask there I'm sure you can get information. Or, as Ernie mentions if you go to where you originally purchased, you should be able to DL and run the full install package. Again, details on how to properly uninstall an old version and re-install a full are on the REX site. That's going to be your best bet for detailed support.

Scott

Hi guys!

Thankyou for your speedy replies!

I purchased mine from the FlightSimStore too. Is it a simple process to update?

I'll check what build of REX I have as soon as i have landed back in manchester! :)

Thanks again!

pmdgngxpilot.png

I purchased mine from the FlightSimStore too. Is it a simple process to update?

Alex,

The version that you can download from the store is a full install of REX Essentials +, so you will need to uninstall your current version first. REX strongly recommends that you not only run the uninstall, but also delete the REX folder and do some other cleanup. Full instructions are on their support site. You'll also want to save your settings to the REX server if you want to quickly restore them.

The download to upgrade from REX-E to REX-E+ is far smaller, so if you can get your build number and find and DL the right upgrade from your build to "+" on REX' site it is faster and easier. If you want to add the additional textures from Overdrive, there's a considerably larger upgrade DL. I went from Essentials to Essentials +, and it was pretty fast and straightforward. Have yet to install Overdrive, as it was the upgrade of the wx engine that I was wanting/needing. I know some have struggled a bit DL'ing the Overdrive package.

Good luck,

Scott

I eventually managed to download the update, but I haven't installed it yet.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you use the Wx Plus mode, the region is fixed and determined by the engine. All you can change is frequency (time). Try the Standard wx engine if you want more flexibility.

This is using the Standard wx engine.