Sign in to follow this  
Kaly

Orbx England What Do You Think?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but as someone who has never purchased an FTX product and is considering purchasing England, what implications would this, if any, have on flying into Europe and back whilst using UTE and GEX ?

Thanks

Gary

I am using FTX ENG, with UTX Europe and GEX Europe enabled, and have no problems as far as I can see, except that maybe some UTX roads are overlaid on top of FTX ENG ...... but if that's the case, I can't really tell!

I have FTX ENG above UTX and GEX in the Scenery library. I have flown many flights between ENG and Europe already with no issues (apart from the scenery in Europe doesn't look so great, once you're used to ENG!).

I have FTX ENG above UTX and GEX in the Scenery library

Hello

Why would you have GEX in the scenery library ?

Hello

Why would you have GEX in the scenery library ?

You're quite right. Call it senility. :wink: ... anyway for the purpose of helping the guy above, I don't have any obvious issues flying from FTX ENG to UTX/GEX Europe.

I have FTX ENG up near the top of the scenery library, the only things above it being UK2000 Xtreme airports.

After installing FTX EU ENG I went to Spain and all coastlines were missing. I just went to FTX Central, selected FSX Default, then re-ran UTX Europe Configurator, and that fixed it. Now I can fly from/to FTX EU ENG without any issues.

Enviado desde mi Desire HD usando Tapatalk 2

...all the default files that ORBX replace can be appended to rather than replaced, that's what the SDK tells you to do, but they (Orbx) chose to ignore it because it was too much work for them to make a program to make the appendixes properly without breaking any other scenery, Earth Simulations managed it though.

Thanks Andy for the heads up. I did not know that because everything I ever read on the subject claimed otherwise. I am not an expert.

If this is the case, Orbx need to make it a part of their strategy for their regions to move away from the 'area selection' ethos, and deliver something better.

Indeed, if that is the case then, with smaller, geographically closer areas like England, perhaps ORBX needs to change their system.

Kind regards,

That isn't helpful if you use AI traffic,

Should work well for me, as my traffic is generated by VoxATC and in VATSIM/IVAO.

Dirk.

With 5 (bgl Ai) aircraft present I proceeded to switch ORBX ENG in and out each time checking the Ai.

After switching 8 times back and forth did I have 1280 Ai aircraft?

No....Still had 5.

But the 5 had been swapping round on the parking places and one big jet flipped to small jet and back a few times.

There's no issues running ORBX scenery. The big issue is getting up and running in a flight, swapping scenery half way across the Med at 32000ft is not an issue, I can go to the loo and make a cup of tea.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

With 5 (bgl Ai) aircraft present I proceeded to switch ORBX ENG in and out each time checking the Ai.

After switching 8 times back and forth did I have 1280 Ai aircraft?

No....Still had 5.

But the 5 had been swapping round on the parking places and one big jet flipped to small jet and back a few times.

There's no issues running ORBX scenery. The big issue is getting up and running in a flight, swapping scenery half way across the Med at 32000ft is not an issue, I can go to the loo and make a cup of tea.

Good find, Steve!

Dirk.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but as someone who has never purchased an FTX product and is considering purchasing England, what implications would this, if any, have on flying into Europe and back whilst using UTE and GEX ?

Thanks

Gary

I purchased NA and AU and was naturally looking into EU because it looks real nice and default England scenery is just poor (i don't use UTE also). My main problem is that i only fly online and not only that, i don't want to swap scenery while flying, it doesn't make any sense and like i said SAVING/LOADING a flight will break most of your flights with more complex addons.

Plus, it can be done by adding to terrain.cfg - They were just lazy.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I give up, I take it you only beleive people who have an orange Member status..

Cheers, Andy.

Great shots, Ron. If you're out that way again, I wonder if you could take a screenie of my home town, Maldon? I'd be interested to see how the Blackwater Estuary is rendered.

Many thanks

Gary

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Not too far from me Gary,

I'm in Witham!

I give up, I take it you only beleive people who have an orange Member status..

Come on, Andy! Seriously, the discussion is very interesting and I've learnt a lot from your arguments.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Andy's argument is quite sound. We want to install scenery and only manage it if we want to swap autogen for photoreal in the same area.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Plus, it can be done by adding to terrain.cfg - They were just lazy.

Not really sure about that. With a developper like Holger Sandmann on board, if it had been that easy, they would have done it long ago and would have avoided lots of issues for themselves as well.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Not really sure about that. With a developper like Holger Sandmann on board, if it had been that easy, they would have done it long ago and would have avoided lots of issues for themselves as well.

Good point JP. Not much gets around Holger.