Sign in to follow this  
sargentx

Please Help, Virtual Cockpit panning...there must be a way....

You know how when you use mouse-look (shift O) in VC mode, it has a beautiful, fluid movement to it much like TrackIR? But when you use the hat switch to pan it has a very robotic, rigid 'fixed' way of moving that feels mechanical and crude? Is there any way to make is so that the hat switch looking behaves like the mouse-look panning? Fluid and more Human like? I tried a tweak that involved finding the cameras cnfg but the changes didn't make any difference. I"m using Win 7 so don't have the c/documents and settings/ et.etdc path. Rather its the c/users/app data/roaming-local etc. path.

Anyway, if there's a way to do this I'd be greatly appreciative. Please be detailed in your description using windows 7 paths if possible. Thank you so much!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You know how when you use mouse-look (shift O) in VC mode, it has a beautiful, fluid movement to it much like TrackIR? But when you use the hat switch to pan it has a very robotic, rigid 'fixed' way of moving that feels mechanical and crude? Is there any way to make is so that the hat switch looking behaves like the mouse-look panning? Fluid and more Human like?

I use EZDOK for this. That's the only way i know, and it works very well indeed.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

You know how when you use mouse-look (shift O) in VC mode, it has a beautiful, fluid movement to it much like TrackIR? But when you use the hat switch to pan it has a very robotic, rigid 'fixed' way of moving that feels mechanical and crude? Is there any way to make is so that the hat switch looking behaves like the mouse-look panning? Fluid and more Human like? I tried a tweak that involved finding the cameras cnfg but the changes didn't make any difference. I"m using Win 7 so don't have the c/documents and settings/ et.etdc path. Rather its the c/users/app data/roaming-local etc. path.

Anyway, if there's a way to do this I'd be greatly appreciative. Please be detailed in your description using windows 7 paths if possible. Thank you so much!

Well, the problem is the hat switch itself. It's just 4 switches with on and off, whereas mouse, joystick, track-ir give a continuous value.

I found a gamepad on ebay that has two very small joysticks. I use one of these to pan in the mouse view mode as descibed by you.

NoahBryant....

Ya that works...but it would be nice to have that same fluid motion and be able to just look around with the hat switch. I guess that's the question I'm wondering about.

The hat switch is a digital controller with on-off type logic. You need an analogue device to be able to control the camera similarly to TrackIR.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Need a joystick that uses an analog hat. Not sure one exists but might be something to sell, heh.

NoahBryant....

Ya that works...but it would be nice to have that same fluid motion and be able to just look around with the hat switch. I guess that's the question I'm wondering about.

Yea you're not going to find anything like that. The view system just isn't programmed like that. You may look into EX Dock or TrackIR (which i never use with FSX).

Even if you had a hat that had an axis instead of buttons I don't think there's a way to program it into FSX that way. There could be a crazy workaround though similar to how EZ Dock and TrackIR work

Noah Bryant

There's an axis stick on the CH Pro Throttle, but I don't know if it's possible to use it like that. I suspect it is, but I don't remember how to set it up.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It's interesting that the "spot view" from the views drop down in-game menu has a fluid, bouncy action to it when using the hatswitch. There must be a way to have this same logic to the VC view. I dunno, moving out of my range of knowledge. Thanks all.

c

I have the Hat switch programmed using FSUIPC and it gives a fluid motion. Been so long since I used FSX default setting I dont remember what its like. FSUIPC uses a little different logic.