Sign in to follow this  
Power House

If a CRJ 200 isn't possible

We PMDG supporters are begging for a CRJ 200, but that dream may never happen or at least take 2 or so years to happen. If all we want is a CRJ could PMDG create a PMDG quality VC for the FSX CRJ 700? This would satisfy me and possibly kick start the development of a CRJ family. I just wish to have a CRJ that has LNAV, VNAV and all the buttons, knobs, switches and etc working. Nothing to special. I know there are products on the market for such issue but none are high quality and that is what I need.

Hi David,

Your enthusiam is nice but I don't see a CRJ being developed in the near future.

PMDG have said in the past that they're 'making aircraft that you see in your local international airport', thats what the simmers want to fly [disregarding vintage aircraft].

The CRJ is not so common in a lot of the world, so I am not sure if the community would be all for it?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The CRJ is not so common in a lot of the world,

I've seen CRJ's at PHX and there is a niche in the regional market that PMDG could get into. I don't see any reason that they cannot do it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think you are "slightly" underestimating the work involved in "just" doing the VC and the coding involved.

Completely pointless request. If you know PMDG, this is just not gonna happen. If they do something, they'd do it right and thus make an entire CRJ-200 of their own. But whatever we might wish, product requests will never be answered by any PMDG staff member.

They will reproduce the aircraft that's accessible for them. They can't just do any aircraft they want.

" I " a PMDG supporter am certainly not begging for a CRJ-200, all im begging for at the moment is the T7, and you can see how far begging gets you with PMDG. " NOWHERE"

jeff

God the 777, DC-6, B744, B748 aren't even out yet ha. Only new thing I could see in between is another classic!

If PMDG makes a CRJ, I'd hope they make the -700. According to a friend I have whose airline operates both models, the -700 is MUCH nicer.

Paul

Just FYI, there is a developer out there making a CRJ-200, forgot their name. Also, as someone pointed out, another developer is doing a -700. So while it's not PMDG, they're still gonna be top-quality by the looks of it.

Hi David,

Your enthusiam is nice but I don't see a CRJ being developed in the near future.

PMDG have said in the past that they're 'making aircraft that you see in your local international airport', thats what the simmers want to fly [disregarding vintage aircraft].

The CRJ is not so common in a lot of the world, so I am not sure if the community would be all for it?

Alex

Completely pointless request. If you know PMDG, this is just not gonna happen. If they do something, they'd do it right and thus make an entire CRJ-200 of their own. But whatever we might wish, product requests will never be answered by any PMDG staff member.

They will reproduce the aircraft that's accessible for them. They can't just do any aircraft they want.

Wow, both of you need to read the obvious topic posted in the PMDG forum that TABS said himself saying "I would like to see us do this in the future"

And how could you say "if you know PMDG", We ALL know PMDG! Did any of us know they were going to develop the DC-6? Uh, No.

None of us know what they are going to do, so don't shoot anyone down for their ideas.

AND, the CRJ-200 is Everywhere. Go to flightaware and look at the map.

Lets just enjoy what we've got and whats to come! Who knows whats to come from the 'Apple' of Flight Simulation!?!