Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

It's 777-related, so it counts, right?

Does anyone know if this will be compatible with FS9? What about FS98? I can't afford to upgrade the parts on my Amiga 4000T, so FS98 would be ideal.

Kyle, it's time you upgrade, I've already got my Amiga 4000T at 60Mhz and counting.

Haven't experienced any OOMs thus far, will get back to you, thanks for sharing

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Avsim prolongs life.

Maybe for you!!!

Kyle,

You really do have too much free time on your hands. :lazy:

Kyle,

You really do have too much free time on your hands. :lazy:

So, first off, I have to say...you remember the feeling when you told your parents you'd have the car back by midnight, but you didn't and when you rolled up the kitchen light was still on?

Yeah. When I checked back on the forum and saw you were the last person to respond, I briefly had one of those moments...haha.

And yes, I do have way too much time on my hands. My excuse is that I'm trying to save up for a big trip to Italy next month, so I've grounded myself until then. Since I'm not flying, this is my outlet.

I kind of apologize to everyone for subjecting you all to my endless banter.

Kyle Rodgers

1.2 nanomicrograms short

Grams for length? :P

My excuse is that I'm trying to save up for a big trip to Italy

Rome is very nice and has numerous historical attractions. I had the pleasure of having an ultra-smooth A330 landing at LIRF, though I did not have a window seat, and the airport was not nearly as pristine as the Japanese ones. . . .

If you bring anything of value, watch out for it. A wallet was stolen from us as we entered the subway (never thought we would be careless enough to have it stolen from the front pants pocket by a young woman!). Fortunately we returned to the stop and recovered it without any abused or stolen financial and personal identification information, though we did lose 60 euros.

Rome is very nice and has numerous historical attractions. I had the pleasure of having an ultra-smooth A330 landing at LIRF, though I did not have a window seat, and the airport was not nearly as pristine as the Japanese ones. . . .

If you bring anything of value, watch out for it. A wallet was stolen from us as we entered the subway (never thought we would be careless enough to have it stolen from the front pants pocket by a young woman!). Fortunately we returned to the stop and recovered it without any abused or stolen financial and personal identification information, though we did lose 60 euros.

I bet it would be cool. I'll be in a different spot, well north, and a lot higher than Rome.

If you don't hear from me ever again (I can hear some rejoice in the background), you might be able to find my snowboard buried in some avalanche in the Dolomites.

villabassa-inverno.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

I bet it would be cool. I'll be in a different spot, well north, and a lot higher than Rome.

If you don't hear from me ever again (I can hear some rejoice in the background), you might be able to find my snowboard buried in some avalanche in the Dolomites.

Wow—I didn't realize that Italy extended all the way towards Vienna and Zurich. Will you be flying through Rome, or will it be through Frankfurt, London, or Zurich?

Will you be flying through Rome, or will it be through Frankfurt, London, or Zurich?

Surprisingly, none of those...

Munich! There's a direct IAD-MUC flight that the family catches. This'll be my first time over, as it's the first time I've ever had enough money to go, along with a normal job (and by normal, I mean not airline shift work).

UAL claims it'll be a 76', but history shows otherwise. For a while now, it's been a 777. So, despite my satirical approach in this thread, I'm pretty stoked to have the PMDG version on my computer whenever it comes out. I've flown in a couple 777s around in my world travels. It'll be nice to finally have one to fly around myself.

Kyle Rodgers

Surprisingly, none of those...

Munich! There's a direct IAD-MUC flight that the family catches. This'll be my first time over, as it's the first time I've ever had enough money to go, along with a normal job (and by normal, I mean not airline shift work).

UAL claims it'll be a 76', but history shows otherwise. For a while now, it's been a 777. So, despite my satirical approach in this thread, I'm pretty stoked to have the PMDG version on my computer whenever it comes out. I've flown in a couple 777s around in my world travels. It'll be nice to finally have one to fly around myself.

Interesting. I thought of including Munich, but seeing that Frankfurt and Zurich were already included, I didn't bother. I tried to fit in a Lufthansa B747-8I flight before my trip to Rome, but it was simply too expensive and inefficient to fly from New York to Washington D.C. to Frankfurt to Rome, so we ended up going through Philadelphia.

I tried to fit in a Lufthansa B747-8I flight before my trip to Rome, but it was simply too expensive and inefficient to fly from New York to Washington D.C. to Frankfurt to Rome, so we ended up going through Philadelphia.

Philtheeeee!

Yeah, I tried to exert a little pressure on the parents to fly DLH because they're flying the 8i into IAD now, but I lost that battle. I guess I could've done my own thing, but I'd prefer not to revert back to the old times (before cell phones) of having to manually coordinate times to meet in certain places ahead of time (my phone won't work over there).

A couple years back, most people flew the IAD-MUC in a 777, and my two "sisters" (long story) went on the DLH flight through FRA. If only we'd done that this time around... I'm kinda surprised at how easy it is to see the difference as it flies 4000' directly above my house (if you plot a line between STAYO and TRING - from the BARIN1 - on the Wash TAC on skyvector, you'll see two lakes right above the letters IAD by the airport - that's me!).

Kyle Rodgers

Philtheeeee!

Yeah, I tried to exert a little pressure on the parents to fly DLH because they're flying the 8i into IAD now, but I lost that battle. I guess I could've done my own thing, but I'd prefer not to revert back to the old times (before cell phones) of having to manually coordinate times to meet in certain places ahead of time (my phone won't work over there).

A couple years back, most people flew the IAD-MUC in a 777, and my two "sisters" (long story) went on the DLH flight through FRA. If only we'd done that this time around... I'm kinda surprised at how easy it is to see the difference as it flies 4000' directly above my house (if you plot a line between STAYO and TRING - from the BARIN1 - on the Wash TAC on skyvector, you'll see two lakes right above the letters IAD by the airport - that's me!).

I am one of those young people who is guilty of having never owned a cell phone. Fortunately, the only travelling I've had to do by myself was a short flight from RCTP to ZSPD and back.

You are located quite close to KIAD. While riding the B777 is always comfortable, I feel that I have ridden it too many times. To me, it does not feel as special or unique as riding the B747 or even the B767, the latter of which I have not ridden in a very long time. I like riding A330s better as well.

On a side note, it's too bad that this thread quickly turned from a humorous one to a rather factual and serious one. . . .

You are located quite close to KIAD.

Yeah. My commute was killer for the years I worked there.

EDIT: Just realized 'killer' could be taken both ways... it was awesome, especially when compared to everyone else's commute around here.

On a side note, it's too bad that this thread quickly turned from a humorous one to a rather factual and serious one. . . .

129133554517213915.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah. My commute was killer for the years I worked there.

EDIT: Just realized 'killer' could be taken both ways... it was awesome, especially when compared to everyone else's commute around here.

Yea my commute to ORD was great since I get in way before rush hour traffic and the crew/employee shuttle bus dropped me off on the ramp before there was any activity. Morning bids are the best.