Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

Some more from Alaska

Exploring Alaska in X-Plane.

While individual trees don't look great the effect of having loads of them really gives the impression of a dense forest.

Carenado_C172_467.jpg

Carenado_C172_482.jpg

Carenado_C172_512.jpg

Carenado_C172_554.jpg

Carenado_C172_560.jpg

Carenado_C172_571.jpg

Carenado_C172_585.jpg

Carenado_C172_588.jpg

Carenado_C172_600.jpg

Wow. Nice.

Btw what was a FPS number? 3? :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wow. Nice.

Btw what was a FPS number? 3? :)

Nope - not that bad actually. Can't tell exactly for those screenshots but I tried to find a similar scenario and the worst i got was around 12-13 fps but usually a few fps higher (depending on altitude and viewing direction of course)

Looks nice, that default scenery in X Plane?

For comparison, Tongass Fjord X addon in FSX I took recently. Click on image 2x to enlarge.

j8Hasm1wapkA5.jpg

Deep,Rich Shots,X-Plane 10 gets better and better

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Looks nice, that default scenery in X Plane?

More or less default. I used the HD Mesh which increases resolution of the underlying landclass data. In addition I used the experimental dense forest definition files from the same site. And dense it is indeed :lol:.

For comparison, Tongass Fjord X addon in FSX I took recently. Click on image 2x to enlarge.

j8Hasm1wapkA5.jpg

Nice screenshot there. Out of curiosity I tried to get as close as I could in X-Plane (bigger image here). Its a little to dark I think but its nice to see that the shape of the horizon is almost identical. It must be true then ^^.

Car_Bonanza_479.jpg

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I never get scenery like the pics above :( I never saw anything like these in my Tongass Fjord scenery :( It's so real - phenomenal.

I run FS9, FSX and X-plane (not all at once) on an i7 Ivybridge 4.2 GHz, 680GTX 4 MB, 1900x1200 27in widescreen. I think there's plenty of horsepower there - am running fps around 30. I use Nvidia Inspector.

Should I take up Photoshop? ^_^

Supporter.png

John

That first shot looks too real.

What is your gamma setting?

Gamma setting is 2.2 (which is default I think).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I never get scenery like the pics above :( I never saw anything like these in my Tongass Fjord scenery :( It's so real - phenomenal.

I run FS9, FSX and X-plane (not all at once) on an i7 Ivybridge 4.2 GHz, 680GTX 4 MB, 1900x1200 27in widescreen. I think there's plenty of horsepower there - am running fps around 30. I use Nvidia Inspector.

Should I take up Photoshop? ^_^

I'm not sure if you are referring to VeryBumpy or to me but for my pics I have done no editing other than downscaling.

I'm not sure if you are referring to VeryBumpy or to me but for my pics I have done no editing other than downscaling.

Both, I guess. So, the situation re. my sim is even worse than I thought :( I've just landed in heavy mist at LFQQ. It was a slide-show. Something is obviously not right - not for this thread.

Your screenshots are magnificent. Thanks for posting them.

Supporter.png

John

Yup, that is what forests are made of - lots and lots of trees.

This is the first time I have seen a flightsim with a forest worthy of the name (except maybe Rise of Flight) - a real carpet of trees.

Even the road is lost in there!

Nice!