Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

I clearly did something wrong. Will have to try again this weekend. Maybe I got it locked into Alpha Floor mode somehow or whatever they call it.

Hello!

Three things come to mind how a user might cause this kind of situation:

1) Extremely high cost index

2) Almost reaching stall (the alpha floor like you mentioned). Planes takes over if you get near a stall (retract the flaps too early for example)

3) Using open climb (throttles wide open and using pitch to control speed), when you actually wanted to use managed climb.

For a successful takeoff (with MCDU programmed correctly) you should check your FCU against the Airbus drivers mantra: dash-ball-dash-ball-alt-ball-dash (mentioned in the Step-By-Step flight tutorial)

Hope this makes your flight more enjoyable!

EDIT:

This is a nice read for people starting to fly with the Airbus:

http://ryanthepilot.blogspot.fi/2011/07/techniques-for-new-airbus-pilot.html

"How can you tell an Airbus pilot? (S)he's the one who says, What's it doing now?

How can you tell an experienced Airbus pilot? (S)he's the one who says, It's doing that again!"

Hello!

Three things come to mind how a user might cause this kind of situation:

1) Extremely high cost index

2) Almost reaching stall (the alpha floor like you mentioned). Planes takes over if you get near a stall (retract the flaps too early for example)

3) Using open climb (throttles wide open and using pitch to control speed), when you actually wanted to use managed climb.

For a successful takeoff (with MCDU programmed correctly) you should check your FCU against the Airbus drivers mantra: dash-ball-dash-ball-alt-ball-dash (mentioned in the Step-By-Step flight tutorial)

Hope this makes your flight more enjoyable!

EDIT:

This is a nice read for people starting to fly with the Airbus:

http://ryanthepilot....rbus-pilot.html

"How can you tell an Airbus pilot? (S)he's the one who says, What's it doing now?

How can you tell an experienced Airbus pilot? (S)he's the one who says, It's doing that again!"

Thanks for the info and LOL at those quotes it sounds just right to me! =D

Just to address the points you made:

1) My cost index was set at 40. This is quite midrange from what I understand - the VA I fly for uses 20 for pretty much all its Airbus routes.

2) I don't think I reached the stall speed but what I did notice was that my Vr speed seemed very high. With the plane loaded and MCDU programmed as per the Step by Step instructions the MCDU calculated a Vr of 158 kts! This was with Flaps 1 as well. That seemed wrong - all my Airbus X flights with similar settings were anywhere from 135 - 140 kts Vr. Not sure if something weird happened there. I also had my throttles in the FLEX detent and checked this visually. Another thing that seemed odd was that the nose wouldn't rotate fast enough so while I was just getting off the ground the computer systems took over and pulled my nose up to 15 degrees rapidly (is this realistic??) so if it reached the stall speed or exceeded critical angle it wasn't my doing =S. I reduced my power to the CL detent too when it was time but I am wondering if I got that part wrong and the thrust didn't reduce correctly. I also retracted the flaps at this point. Throughout the rest of the departure phase the autopilot was all over the show constantly over-correcting and pushing the nose up and down. My passengers would have been seriously traumatized.

3) I switched the autopilot on at THR RED ALT and my FCU visual check was showing exactly the mantra you mentioned.

I think I just got unlucky. I'll give it another go tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info!

Anybody experience CTD with this Airbus? My first flight is perfect, but my second, third, and forth flights ended up with CTD during the climb. I don't know whether only a few people have similar issue, or this is a common issue?

Anybody experience CTD with this Airbus? My first flight is perfect, but my second, third, and forth flights ended up with CTD during the climb. I don't know whether only a few people have similar issue, or this is a common issue?

Check the crash log and post it in the Aerosoft forums if you can.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I'm fully aware of the default flex setting. That's why I asked that people tried maxing out the hardware WITHOUT changing any settings. If some are then getting different N1 settings, then surely something is wrong?

I also see, that over on the Aerosoft thread, because he couldn't help me, or believed it is not an AS issue, he locked the thread. Very useful!

This will be my last AS purchase

Check the crash log and post it in the Aerosoft forums if you can.

OK. I already reported in Aerosoft forums.

I'm fully aware of the default flex setting. That's why I asked that people tried maxing out the hardware WITHOUT changing any settings. If some are then getting different N1 settings, then surely something is wrong?

I also see, that over on the Aerosoft thread, because he couldn't help me, or believed it is not an AS issue, he locked the thread. Very useful!

Do you mean FLEX thrust? You can manually override that by simply entering a new temperature. What about "some are then getting different N1 settings"? I do not get it.

"Do you mean FLEX thrust? You can manually override that by simply entering a new temperature. What about "some are then getting different N1 settings"? I do not get it."

I'm just trying to understand why different users are getting are getting very different N1 settings when maxed and in the same condition.

For asking the same question at Aerosoft, they've locked the thread :huh:

Well so be it. I already explained nicely that FSUIPC is of limited support (User Configuration in FSUIPC not Aerosoft Configuration).

As much as as you deserve support as you are a paying customer, you took my reply as sacarsm and try to paint it as my fault for your OWN UNSUPPORTED CONFIGURATION. I tried my best to help you but since you did not appreciate my attempt to help then so be it. I just find myself so stupid for even bothering to try to replicate your unsupported configuration.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

@ Shane

The paintkit can be used for all models , taking care ofcourse to use the correct model . Major difference is located in the AFT & WANNE sections where the NEO " sharklets " are located . Also placing AirbusX paints in the Extended version requires new VC textures and removal of the PLASTIC KNOBS textures . Also copy the texture.cfg from am original Extended texture .

John Glanville

Guest Raul_Hernandez

If you spit out your dummy only you lose out.. :wink: Also, people here are trying to help you, so I don't think the curt manner or CAPS are required personally ......

Try adjusting the actual outside weather temperature in FSX's Weather settings page. Try low temps like -5c and try high temps like 30c.

Combine this with flex figures in the MCDU from 2C to 70C and see what you get.

I've had 98% N1 on FLEX now that I have understood the relationship between OAT, FLEX (Assumed) and the FMGC's N1 calculations.

It's funny how many people's heads are still stuck in Boeing-land with this fine plane, and how many of those people are screaming "it's bugged, it's broke, I'm never buying from Aerosoft again!....." to later find out that they made the error. :wink:

On the FLEX thrust issues. Now I could seriously mix things up, but if you 'slam' the throttles into the TOGA range (full forward), you will get what you've asked for. Full thrust.

By this, the FLEX temp would be disregarded and you get all the FADEC can give you. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to test how much N1 you can get out of the new Airbus, you have to be in TOGA.

If some hardware limit would not allow you to reach the TOGA detent, you would be stuck with the FLEX thrust. And if the MCDU sets a value like 67°, it would reduce the thrust output significantly unless your airport surrounding already is at 67°C. Later, the same thrust lever position results in MCT, max continuous thrust.

Mind the indications on the PFD. The FLEX thrust will state the mode plus the selected temp value while TOGA just returns 'TOGA'. For max thrust, aim for the latter.

Guest Raul_Hernandez

On the FLEX thrust issues. Now I could seriously mix things up, but if you 'slam' the throttles into the TOGA range (full forward), you will get what you've asked for. Full thrust.

By this, the FLEX temp would be disregarded and you get all the FADEC can give you. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to test how much N1 you can get out of the new Airbus, you have to be in TOGA.

If some hardware limit would not allow you to reach the TOGA detent, you would be stuck with the FLEX thrust. And if the MCDU sets a value like 67°, it would reduce the thrust output significantly unless your airport surrounding already is at 67°C.

The 'bus will still vary the N1 used for TOGA according to a number of factors, including actual OAT.

I honestly don't think the FLEX or N1 calcs are off. But I do believe the V speeds are way off, especially V2.

People who perceive that the aircraft is not delivering enough N1 (under TOGA or FLEX), or who are getting close to stall / Alpha Lock on initial climb out, try using an artificially higher V2 value in the PERF page of the MCDU.

.... I suggest trying 175.

Also, the F/O has retracted flaps too early on a couple of my flights, which almost caused A.Locks. This, and the V speeds I believe, are bugs.

So until they are fixed, my F/O has been sacked off from Flaps duty! :lol:

I also see, that over on the Aerosoft thread, because he couldn't help me, or believed it is not an AS issue

Several people helped you with this subject (me including). You were given the reason why this happens. Your system and the Airbus are working as expected (as far as I know).

I trust you read this thread that explains the same thing again:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60804-my-toga-n1-is-too-low/#entry432566

Guest Raul_Hernandez

/\ /\ /\ ... I think a lot of people are trying to help this guy, but I don't think he's listening to the replies or the explanations of how OAT and Assumed (FLEX) temps influence the N1 value.

To some people, if it doesn't work the way they expect it to, "it's a bug".