Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

Which GTX680 for FSX? Help me choose please

Am very happy with 670 in triple monitor set up - rock solid in FSX and X-Plane 10 with Ivybridge o/c 4.2 watercooled.

Supporter.png

John

I was looking at this one Howard but its so wide I don't think it would of fitted in my case.

http://www.amazon.co...57553343&sr=1-1

Thanks Paul, but that is way too much, I mean way too much dosh. My 580 is only twelve months old, I can't justify that kind of money... but if I could get £150 for my 580, then I could justify another £100-£150 if I could see some difference ie, maybe the 660ti or 670...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks Ben, when you say the 680, are you suggesting a standard spec card or one of the OC versions?

Standard spec.

And let me re-emphasize this again.... This is only in regards to heavy clouds + heavy AA scenarios.

Standard spec.

And let me re-emphasize this again.... This is only in regards to heavy clouds + heavy AA scenarios.

Sure, I appreciate that. Heavy clouds is the one place where any extra help would be good...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Standard spec is just fine howard. My Asus GTX 670 is also standard spec, only a custom - and btw a great - heatsink. I overclock it myself to 1150 MHz really easily. You can pay $50 extra for the factory to do this for you or you can do it yourself. I did it myself (for free) and the result is the same. Don't worry about memory clock though, won't even make a difference.

I will tell you Howard if you don't buy a 4gig card whichever one don't waste your money. This is why I have no problems with the new cyvr.

Rich Sennett

What exactly do you mean Richard?

Oh and Howard, if you got your card I (and all of us) would appreciate how it compares to your older card... :smile:

What exactly do you mean Richard?

Oh and Howard, if you got your card I (and all of us) would appreciate how it compares to your older card... :smile:

Will do Arjen...

I will tell you Howard if you don't buy a 4gig card whichever one don't waste your money. This is why I have no problems with the new cyvr.

Thanks Rich..

Howard

Welcome pal :) 4gig or nothing brother just sold my 580 to a guy at work for 50 bucks -He's lucky I like him lol - gave it away.

Rich Sennett

Welcome pal :) 4gig or nothing brother just sold my 580 to a guy at work for 50 bucks -He's lucky I like him lol - gave it away.

50 BUCKS?!

just sold my 580 to a guy at work for 50 bucks

:O tell me you'd been drinking Rich!

Howard

Not trying to help you spend your money Howard but was thinking about selling my 560 ti on ebay and a similar one was just sold for £140, so you should get quite a bit more for your 580, I reckon around 51 bucks. :rolleyes:

Not trying to help you spend your money Howard but was thinking about selling my 560 ti on ebay and a similar one was just sold for £140, so you should get quite a bit more for your 580, I reckon around 51 bucks. :rolleyes:

Sure Paul, I hope so. I have to think carefully though at the moment, as funds are a little tight. I think if any GPU it will be the 660ti...

Howard