Sign in to follow this  
Air France

CS B777 - Service Pack 1.0 Released!

I just did a flight from KSEA to KSFO, doing a full autolanding on Rwy28L and the autopilot and everything I could see on the aircraft, worked perfectly.

The flight was really enjoyable, with the T7 taking off and performing just fine.

Those with low FPS need to check your computers, because I was getting 15 all the way up to 26 FPS.

Visually, the cockpit is as beautiful as the real thing, with even the fuses looking like you could just reach up and pull them.

As it is now without any service packs or upgrades, and as I see it, I would put it on a par with, or even better than Aerosoft's AirbusX Extended, which I also have and enjoy very much.

I can't compare it to PMDG's T7 because I don't know anyone that has it yet, but I'm assuming PMDG will have more accurate system modeling based on what I know of the NGX, but then the AXE doesn't match up to it either.

I would put the quality of the VC equal to anything that anyone is putting out right now, including PMDG. I love the spilled coffee. Everything in the cockpit looks so real, it seems you can touch it. Captain Sim is a master of texture.

I believe CS T7 is worth every penny of $60, since the PMDG T7 will be worth every penny of the $85 or $90 that it will most likely cost.

The only problems that I seen within this short flight was that the runway graphic at KSFO Rwy28L (not the waypoints) was slightly off to one side on the MAP display (which didn't effect the landing and I switch to APP display anyway). VNAV altitude restrictions still seems to have some problems, although the VNAV speeds worked very good. It never once missed a speed target.

I replaced all the engine sounds with TSS HD 777 sound (both PW and GE), although I haven't even heard the original (so that was a little unfair), so the engine and flap sounds were really wonderful.

I may not fly much VNAV but from what I have heard and read neither do most pilots whats the fun in flying all computer?

to top it off u still bashed an unfininshed product and support PMDG like no tomorrow!

VNAV is used 100% of the time in the real world. Where are you getting this information?

PMDG at least patches their products to make sure any bugs get fixed. CS? They still can't be bothered to fix the bugs on the 727, the 757 or the 767.

I replaced all the engine sounds with TSS HD 777 sound (both PW and GE), although I haven't even heard the original (so that was a little unfair), so the engine and flap sounds were really wonderful.

I find it hard to believe in a long jumbo like a 777 you can hear flap sounds.

Im having problems with the AP

after setting the FMC and switching to L and V nav after take off, she refuses to climb but insists on diving, so far the only 3 v1.0 flights now she wont climb when AP is activated in the FMC modes

anyone else having that prob?

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Ok my turn! LOL I love finally having a 777 better that the Wilco version for 1, I may not fly much VNAV but from what I have heard and read neither do most pilots whats the fun in flying all computer?

VNAV is definitely used most of the time in real life as it reduces workload and also makes flights more economical. Fun factor doesn't count here.

VNAV is definitely used most of the time in real life as it reduces workload and also makes flights more economical. Fun factor doesn't count here.

This is not accurate. I'm not a pilot, but in my cockpit videos the pilots are using ATC, descending to altitudes as they are instructed. Of all my cockpit videos, and I have a load of them, I have never seen a pilot using VNAV and forget it.

ATC clears them to an altitude, and they put that altitude in the MCP, then select either VNAV, FLCH or VS.

Never have I ever seen a pilot in the videos, flying at cruise height, then just set the final approach altitude in the MCP and select VNAV, sit back and watch the aircraft descend following altitude and speed restrictions from the FMC on its own, all the way to the glide slope.

They may do it, but they don't on any of my videos, so I have to assume it is not the common thing to do.

That is not to say that I believe that VNAV should not work in the simulation. It should work, and there still seem to be some problems with it, but I expect that Captain Sim will address those with service packs if there is problems. Overall this CS T7 is working very good for me. It's just not that big of a deal with me, because I always put the next altitude on the MCP, even if I have VNAV selected, so I know it will have to level off at the altitude I put in.

Im having problems with the AP

after setting the FMC and switching to L and V nav after take off, she refuses to climb but insists on diving, so far the only 3 v1.0 flights now she wont climb when AP is activated in the FMC modes

anyone else having that prob?

Mine is not having that problem at all. I did two flights last night and the autopilot worked perfectly. It climbed, following VNAV speed restriction to FL100, then continued to climb while accelerating to about 304kts, never over-speeding into the bricks at all and not descending all the way to cruise altitude.

So far the autopilot has been working good for me, and I did a full autoland with it on the first flight.

This is not accurate. I'm not a pilot, but in my cockpit videos the pilots are using ATC, descending to altitudes as they are instructed. Of all my cockpit videos, and I have a load of them, I have never seen a pilot using VNAV and forget it.

ATC clears them to an altitude, and they put that altitude in the MCP, then select either VNAV, FLCH or VS.

Never have I ever seen a pilot in the videos, flying at cruise height, then just set the final approach altitude in the MCP and select VNAV, sit back and watch the aircraft descend following altitude and speed restrictions from the FMC on its own, all the way to the glide slope.

They may do it, but they don't on any of my videos, so I have to assume it is not the common thing to do.

That is not to say that I believe that VNAV should not work in the simulation. It should work, and there still seem to be some problems with it, but I expect that Captain Sim will address those with service packs if there is problems. Overall this CS T7 is working very good for me. It's just not that big of a deal with me, because I always put the next altitude on the MCP, even if I have VNAV selected, so I know it will have to level off at the altitude I put in.

Mine is not having that problem at all. I did two flights last night and the autopilot worked perfectly. It climbed, following VNAV speed restriction to FL100, then continued to climb while accelerating to about 304kts, never over-speeding into the bricks at all and not descending all the way to cruise altitude.

So far the autopilot has been working good for me, and I did a full autoland with it on the first flight.

You are talking about two different things. FSCamp was merely pointing out that for the majority of 777 flights the aircraft is on the autopilot and in VNAV - which is true. Considering most 777 flights are long-haul and the vast majority of SOP will have pilots having the autopilot on above FL100 it's fairly simple to deduce that VNAV is on most of the time. The guy FSCamp quoted was pointing out he rarely flies on VNAV - which is hardly typical for a 777 flight.

In regards to the aircraft being in either VNAV/FLCH/VS - this is again only really going to be during the departure/approach which is still a minority of the time on the 777 - given what kind of flights the 777 is designed to do. Your point about ATC clearing aircraft to certain levels/altitudes and the pilots resetting the MCP then perhaps changing from VNAV to FLCH doesn't really make much sense. The aircraft is still on autopilot regardless of whether it's in VNAV or FLCH (typically pilots avoid using VS if possible).

Either way, people justifying the fact VNAV doesn't work properly is quite hilarious. Like it or not, the autopilot is an integral part of ANY modern day commercial aircraft, nevermind one designed for longhaul operations.

PMDG :t0148: Captain Sim............FSX :t0148: XPLANE10........Coke :t0148: Pepsi.......McDonald's :t0148: Burger King............................Just have fun and enjoy them all! :lol:

You are talking about two different things. FSCamp was merely pointing out that for the majority of 777 flights the aircraft is on the autopilot and in VNAV - which is true.

This is how I'm flying this T7now, and it does fine. Putting my altitude in the MCP and pushing VNAV. It will climb at the speed that is in the FMS.

I thought he was talking about using VNAV to get the aircraft to adhere to all of the altitude restrictions on its own. It don't seem to do that right yet, but it is not an issue for me.

PMDG :t0148: Captain Sim............FSX :t0148: XPLANE10........Coke :t0148: Pepsi.......McDonald's :t0148: Burger King............................Just have fun and enjoy them all! :lol:

We're not really arguing "McDonald for Burger King" because there is no question that PMDG has the most accurate system simulation on the market, although I can't see their cockpit being any more beautiful than this one.

All I'm saying is that this T7 is very good. It looks and flies beautifully and has much of the systems simulated good, as far as I can see. All the switches and knobs work and do something.

It's obvious that Captain Sim put a lot of heart-felt and professionally skilled work into this aircraft, while listening to his customers for the features.

There is no reason to bash the product. Flying it so far it is a very good T7.

If you want to wait for PMDG, there's nothing wrong with that, but what Captain Sim has provided to his customers is a very good T7.

Love it!!!! Hahahahah

Love it!!!! Hahahahah

I love it too. That was funny!

It is a very good point and just what I'm trying to say. People constantly pick Captain Sim to bash, and he continues to sell good products.

PMDG has raised the bar so high that you now have the choice to fly the NGX, and nothing else, or give the other developers a little slack to create their products for your enjoyment also.

All I know is that I love the NGX as much as anyone, but I also enjoy flying this CS T7 and the AXE and many more. I just love flight simulation.

It seems to me that the people who find nothing wrong with CS have no knowledge of in depth systems and operation of the airplanes. So this comment trying to insult people who only bash CS because they "don't read the manuals" is a bit hypocritical to say the least. I wish CS stuck to what they were finally getting the hang of. Analog airplanes like the 727 and 707. A DC-8 would have been nice. Same with a 747 classic.

We have no knowledge? Dude, its FSX.... its far from the real world... Nothing is perfect, there is not one plane that even comes close to being "Exactly" like its real-world counterpart... Some come close but close obviously isn't real-world is it? I understand some people like everything, but I have realized that I will probably never enjoy my time simming if i nit-pick every single plane and think it has to be perfect to be flown... Don't get me wrong, I love realism, i try to stick to it as closely as possible, but in FSX I will never truly get there, thats why its called a Simulator and its made for entertainment. So yeah the CS 777 has bugs, but it flies, so while im waiting for the PMDG 777 I can enjoy flying a 777...

It's called "Jumping on the Bandwagon". Few really give a product an objective chance. They just read other bashing posts, and when they have the slightest problem, instead of trouble-shooting their problem, they just add their bashing post to the others.

It would take me several hours of flying this 777 to really have a good opinion of what level of quality Captain Sim has put into it. I assume from the beginning that it will be good, and if something goes wrong, that it maybe a setting or problem within my own doing, until I'm sure otherwise.

I sure wouldn't be on the Avsim forums bashing the release, within 24 hours of its release. That doesn't make sense.

Captain Sim has produced some good to excellent products that haven't been even offered by PMDG, like the 727, 707 and C130.

PMDG are, without any doubt, the top of the game, but they are not producing all of the aircraft that I want in my selection. I'm glad we have a choice.

I couldn't have said it better myself... People just bash haphazardly without even having tried it themselves... if they did they would realize its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be... and if it really didn't work no one would be flying the planes in the first place.

I love it too. That was funny!

It is a very good point and just what I'm trying to say. People constantly pick Captain Sim to bash, and he continues to sell good products.

PMDG has raised the bar so high that you now have the choice to fly the NGX, and nothing else, or give the other developers a little slack to create their products for your enjoyment also.

All I know is that I love the NGX as much as anyone, but I also enjoy flying this CS T7 and the AXE and many more. I just love flight simulation.

your right, I also have all of PMDG's fsx and fs9 planes plus CaptainSim and Aerosoft. By the way CaptainSim simulates a cup of coffee :Cuppa: in the 777 VC, PMDG won't because they don't do beverages :lol: :p0816:

your right, I also have all of PMDG's fsx and fs9 planes plus CaptainSim and Aerosoft. By the way CaptainSim simulates a cup of coffee :Cuppa: in the 777 VC, PMDG won't because they don't do beverages :lol: :p0816:

That true!, but PMDG does bread crumbs on the center console, so if we fly them both, we will have our bread and beverage :lol:

Actually, the PMDG 747 has cans of "Jet-C" soda in the cockpit. :P

Actually, the PMDG 747 has cans of "Jet-C" soda in the cockpit. :P

Coffee Simulator 2012 versus Soda Simulator 2013 :lol: