Sign in to follow this  
Air France

CS B777 - Service Pack 1.0 Released!

Guest Mik75
Well, you can call it bashing, but the fact is that many, I would say most, people are interested in the simulation of the real B777. I am one of those. I don't care for products that looks like a 777 but might as well be the Stark Trek Enterprise when it comes to systems and flight characteristics. Sorry, if that isn't civil to say.

I totally agree!

It makes me really angry that they never finish a product. The 767/757 are far from being finished products. Even the 707/727 and the 737 have many bugs and showstoppers. They may seem okay since the older systems without modern avionics are not as complex as the 777 FMC is, but still they are all in a beta phase for me! I bought most of the CS products for 10 bucks, so I am not complaining too much.

the plane is OK and it flies like it should,

The 777 here does not respect any restriction and climbs like a rocket.Below 10000 it was climbing like 384 . I placed every kind of restriction (speed,altitude whatever) but the thing had a mind of its own.Can you please tell me how you managed to have the cs777 like it should ?

Thanks

The 777 here does not respect any restriction and climbs like a rocket.Below 10000 it was climbing like 384 . I placed every kind of restriction (speed,altitude whatever) but the thing had a mind of its own.Can you please tell me how you managed to have the cs777 like it should ?

Thanks

I have no problem with the plane in this aspect (area) in V1.0... in V0.9 i had those issues (worked around it) but now that I have V1.0 I dont have those problems anymore.

[There are plenty of people who are flying the plane with no serious issues whatsoever so the sudden uproar from people over here is really contradicting...]

Did you setup the plane or did u just jump into it and started flying without programming the FMC? (might be an issue, not sure but anything is possible...)

Seriously, if u really have an issue like this go to the CS forum and post there and see if the they can help you.... i'm not having issues with my speed restrictions so I honestly could not tell you what your issue is unless your speed restrictions weren't setup correctly in the FMC....

Well, you can call it bashing, but the fact is that many, I would say most, people are interested in the simulation of the real B777. I am one of those. I don't care for products that looks like a 777 but might as well be the Stark Trek Enterprise when it comes to systems and flight characteristics. Sorry, if that isn't civil to say.

Star Trek Enterprise??

Seriously, did you even buy the plane and flew it or are you going off of everyone elses pre-judgement... There is a huge difference between the 777 and 767/OlderCSPlanes in terms of quality. Its obviously not PMDG quality but its decent.... and another thing, most of you never flew a 777 in the real world so how the heck do you guys even know whats real and whats not?

Personally I just hope CS would make some birds nobody else seems to be making in decent enough quality, such as DC-10, 747 classic, DC-8 and maybe even Sukhoi Superjet, they seem to be better at making classic planes anyway and FSX is certainly lacking Russian commercial jets way too much.

Ok i'm going to give it another go FULLY loaded just to see how it behaves. I admit i didn't check payload and only fuel. STILL i think it's overpowered, but i'll try.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have no problem with the plane in this aspect (area) in V1.0... in V0.9 i had those issues (worked around it) but now that I have V1.0 I dont have those problems anymore.

[There are plenty of people who are flying the plane with no serious issues whatsoever so the sudden uproar from people over here is really contradicting...]

Did you setup the plane or did u just jump into it and started flying without programming the FMC? (might be an issue, not sure but anything is possible...)

Seriously, if u really have an issue like this go to the CS forum and post there and see if the they can help you.... i'm not having issues with my speed restrictions so I honestly could not tell you what your issue is unless your speed restrictions weren't setup correctly in the FMC....

Star Trek Enterprise??

Seriously, did you even buy the plane and flew it or are you going off of everyone elses pre-judgement... There is a huge difference between the 777 and 767/OlderCSPlanes in terms of quality. Its obviously not PMDG quality but its decent.... and another thing, most of you never flew a 777 in the real world so how the heck do you guys even know whats real and whats not?

I an not arguing with you. This is only how I see things. Simple as that. If you're happy, that's wonderful for you.

Completely different behaviour, no more overshooting and climbing over the predefined altitude, but it still feels wrong. Somehow i bet the other 777 underway will fly like a dream even when completely empty...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think it looks great and will probably be acceptable flying wise but the FPS makes it for me impossible to fly, i can run the PMDG NGX though which is very frustrating. I think the problem here is a lot of people will have paid 60 euros ($80) for this and it needs to be at a very high level to justify that price.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Is this version as feature rich as the PMDG one will be?

No and it will never be.

If I hadn't bought it already when it was still in testing and with lower price I wouldn't buy it now, although it's probably the best 777 around for now still it's definitely not worth 60 euros as it is now, maybe something around 35 to 40 would be something I would pay for this if I would buy it now.

But I got to add I'm not particularly impressed of this 1.0 now and would probably pass it completely if I was to make the decision of buying it right now.

I would have never spent more then $10 on the CS 777......Thats why I got it during the sale.

VNAV is past horrible. LNAV works fine but VNAV is a nightmare.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Just took it for a test flight. I had a few issues with auto throttle, not sure if it was me or the aircraft, will have to do another flight.

LNAV was good, the displays were functional, it captured the altitude restriction on climb and descent but I notice that once I programmed the Arrival, the last waypoint before the ILS suggested a climb back to cruise altitude.

Easily fixed, I changed it in the fmc. It flew the approach nicely but again I had problems with speed, spoilers are not yet effective, I hand flew it and it felt nice to fly on approach.

Have to say it is flyable, and i actually enjoyed my first flight, developer stated not yet finished, but I think they got the core of it sorted out.

It's smashing through almost all FMC restraints for me in both LNAV and VNAV, even if fully loaded. Shame as it 'feels' quite nice.

EDIT: Joust found this in the manual. Sorry, but much as I nearly like this addon, this quote is just a bit over the top...

"The '777 Captain' is one of the most advanced, complete and accurate airliner expansions for MSFS"

"The '777 Captain' is one of the most advanced, complete and accurate airliner expansions for MSFS"

Hahahaah!!