Sign in to follow this  
Air France

CS B777 - Service Pack 1.0 Released!

I an not arguing with you. This is only how I see things. Simple as that. If you're happy, that's wonderful for you.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think you were arguing with me... I wasn't even trying to argue with you. I guess my tone can't be captured in text. srry if you thought differently.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think you were arguing with me... I wasn't even trying to argue with you. I guess my tone can't be captured in text. srry if you thought differently

No worries! Anyway, I have a couple of (2) CS planes actually. They were uninstalled rather quick, let me tell you.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Not accusing them of ripping me off though, it's just that I didn't do enough research into the products. And then there is the thought of maybe they have it right this time.. Well, I'm passing on the CS777.

The 777 here does not respect any restriction and climbs like a rocket.Below 10000 it was climbing like 384 . I placed every kind of restriction (speed,altitude whatever) but the thing had a mind of its own.Can you please tell me how you managed to have the cs777 like it should ?

Thanks

Question why are you using the autopilot under 10,000 its called flight sim not auto pilot sim if all your gonna do is turn the auto pilot get a screen saver of a t7 flying. I can seem to keep it under 250 under 10,000 by hand flying the jet.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No worries! Anyway, I have a couple of (2) CS planes actually. They were uninstalled rather quick, let me tell you.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Not accusing them of ripping me off though, it's just that I didn't do enough research into the products. And then there is the thought of maybe they have it right this time.. Well, I'm passing on the CS777.

I understand, I honestly I didn't trust their earlier planes either... this one was literally the exception....

Some people just need to learn to be more patient - I was similar when I first got into 3rd party addons quite a few years back now, but when there's a T7 around the corner that we all know is going to be exceptionally well made, there's no point bothering with nonsense made by Captain Sim. They don't make products that rival PMDG, they make products they like to think will rival PMDG then give in 30% of the way there; they've been doing it for years.

No offence to people who have bought it, and at $10 it's hardly breaking the bank but $10 is about all it is worth. Yes, they may have made a VC and model which looks good - but if you want an aircraft that actually behaves as it should it takes substantially more work.

Sorry Luke but you completely miss the point sir.

Sorry Luke but you completely miss the point sir.

Miss the point in what? Captain Sim?

Star Trek Enterprise??

Seriously, did you even buy the plane and flew it or are you going off of everyone elses pre-judgement... There is a huge difference between the 777 and 767/OlderCSPlanes in terms of quality. Its obviously not PMDG quality but its decent.... and another thing, most of you never flew a 777 in the real world so how the heck do you guys even know whats real and whats not?

FCOM, FCTM, QRH, CBT...

WE are not all retards...

lot of us can read and know pilots.

this addon is a piece of ######!

it's a shame to sell a V1.0 how is nearly equal of the 0.9 (a beta!!)and totally unflyable as a airliner...

they just stole you 60€ /80$

I don't want to compare it to PMDG, it's a non-sens, so Quality Wings is in the mid core business too and they made 2 greats planes... far most advanced and playable than the lot of unfinished CS one...

I'm reader of a french FS forum and we are starting to give as a personal gift all of our CS key to people how want them...

with no success...

no one want our garbage

CS is nearly dead, stop buying there unfinished products...

force them to deserve our money...

unbelievable 60€ for that...

the joke of the year!!

Those of you who are having issues with the T7 - make sure you

- removed 0.9 from your FSX

- rebooted your PC

- installed 1.0 as Administrator having disabled your antivirus

- rebooted your PC

This helped me a lot. AND - try to make your first flight using presaved 'ready for takeoff' flight by CS.

"this addon is a piece of ######!"

> This is mere bashing und totally unfair. This product undoubtedly has some qualities, e.g. it's beautifully modelled, the vc is rather nice, ... It has also some negative aspects, problems which will hopefully be solved.

"it's a shame to sell a V1.0 how is nearly equal of the 0.9 (a beta!!)and totally unflyable as a airliner...

they just stole you 60€ /80$"

> Do you own the latest version? I did a test flight yesterday when it came out straight "out of the box" and it worked just fine. Only problem I had was the missing TOD. Apart from that: really nice. Opus was on, no problems with the frames. So to say that this product is unflyable is definitely not true. Not telling the truth on purpose is lying.

"I don't want to compare it to PMDG, it's a non-sens, so Quality Wings is in the mid core business too and they made 2 greats planes... far most advanced and playable than the lot of unfinished CS one..."

> How many CS planes do you own? I have had both 757. The one that I have kept is the CS757 because the latest version is IMHO better than the other one: I prefer the looks of the vc, it flies just as well now, it has a bit more system depth. And the 707 and the 737-200 really are a lot of fun and quite immersive. Beautiful old-style VC's. Very stable, good frames, follow the GPS perfectly on a lazy flight. Some minor issues which you forget once you know the plane.

"I'm reader of a french FS forum and we are starting to give as a personal gift all of our CS key to people how want them...

with no success...

no one want our garbage"

> Giving out a key of a payware product is illegal and no serious FS forum can support such action.

"CS is nearly dead, stop buying there unfinished products...

force them to deserve our money..."

> Where have you got this from, nearly dead? Is this insider knowledge or another lie?

> I can understand it if someone doesn't want to buy a CS product. However, I cannot understand why people tolerate such behaviour: telling lies, illegal conduct etc. just in order to bash and ridicule a company.

> By the way, I'm a free citizen and I love this hobby. I'm thankful for every company to contribute because they help to keep FSX/our hobby alive. Weren't it for those companies (PMDG, QW, Coolsky, Aerosoft, ... and CaptainSim) our hobby would be dead. And it's my own free will whether I support a product or not. Yes, I'm looking forward to the PMDG T7 but I'm also looking forward to the next Captain Sim product, maybe it is the 747-200?? I'd be more than happy.

Chris

I have nearly all the Captain SIm products. I'm not going to bash CS just for the sake of bashing them but, I do agree their products are somewhat sub-standard. Often, when I think about flying a CS I don't bother because I don't want the hassle. Their steam gauge products seem to be better and the CS 777 is a step back in terms of quality IMO. They seem to be going in the wrong direction with this release.

I don't understand how some people are having amazing experiences with CS products(myself included) and others think it's the devil :lol: there is something wrong with most of these replies :Thinking: Are you guys reading the manuals and learning the plane or are you just loading up the plane and pressing F4 :P

"this addon is a piece of ######!"

This is mere bashing und totally unfair. This product undoubtedly has some qualities.

"it's a shame to sell a V1.0 how is nearly equal of the 0.9 (a beta!!)and totally unflyable as a airliner...

they just stole you 60€ /80$"

Do you own the latest version? I did a test flight yesterday when it came out straight "out of the box" and it worked just fine. Only problem I had was the missing TOD. Apart from that really nice. Opus was on, no problems with the frames. So to say that this product is unflyable is a lie.

"I don't want to compare it to PMDG, it's a non-sens, so Quality Wings is in the mid core business too and they made 2 greats planes... far most advanced and playable than the lot of unfinished CS one..."

How many CS planes do you own? I have had both 757. The one that stayed in my hanger is the CS757 because the latest version is IMHO better than the other one. And the 707 and the 737-200 really are a lot of fun.

"I'm reader of a french FS forum and we are starting to give as a personal gift all of our CS key to people how want them...

with no success...

no one want our garbage"

Giving out a key of a payware product is illegal and no serious FS forum can support such action.

"CS is nearly dead, stop buying there unfinished products...

force them to deserve our money..."

Where have you got this from, nearly dead? Is this insider knowledge or another lie?

I can understand it if someone doesn't want to buy a CS product. However, I cannot understand why people tolerate such behaviour: telling lies, illegal conduct etc. just in order to bash and ridicule a company.

By the way, I'm a free citizen and I love this hobby. I'm thankful for every company to contribute because they help to keep FSX/our hobby alive. Weren't it for those companies (PMDG, QW, Coolsky, Aerosoft, ... and CaptainSim) our hobby would be dead. And it's my own free will whether I support a product or not.

Thank you if you folks don't like the plane then go enjoy your NGX and drop the captsim bashing not everyone cares about sids and stars and your pushing users like myself who just want to fly away from a great product

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thank you if you folks don't like the plane then go enjoy your NGX and drop the captsim bashing not everyone cares about sids and stars and your pushing users like myself who just want to fly away from a great product

:clapping: agreed....I own their 757,767 and 777 and find them amazing inside/out. Even auto flight is 100% accurate on my setup. All over Avsim in almost every thread people keep talking about PMDG, jeez come on do you all own Ferrari's and Lamborghini's.....I think not! Most own American or Japanese :lol: Give other devs a chance. Plus PMDG's all time masterpiece product isn't even released yet, it's still being developed for 64bit Xplane10 :biggrin: :p0816:

How many CS planes do you own? I have had both 757. The one that I have kept is the CS757 because the latest version is IMHO better than the other one

Which way exactly CS 757 is better than QW?

So far I've found QW to be way cheaper, have amazing soundset (while CS sounds like a vacuum cleaner and the sound is identical with all engine types). Also its flight dynamics remind me from default 737.

Based on my general subjective feeling of what it sounds to be inside a 757 that I've got from around 20 757 flights I've always felt that QW got their 757 way more right than CS did.

And this isn't CS bashing, actually some months ago when I was celebrating end of a test week with some nice drink I actually bought all their FSX products that I didn't already own (other than the space shuttle). Paypal makes payment process too easy sometimes. :lol: