Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Don't know if you guys have seen this one.

I did a little analysis of it last year after it happened:

http://forum.avsim.n...nsity-altitude/

Guess I'm late then on this one... :blush:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

That's pretty harrowing.

From the beginning of the video I just felt it looked (i) a hot day, (ii) a low powered airplane, (iii) a very old plane with few if any safety features, (iv) a huge risk flying over terrain (the trees) that provided no escape route opportunities for power/altitude loss.

To me it seemed like poor judgement and high risk taking by the pilot. I have limited experience and this is just an intuitive view of it. The pilot seemed a pretty old guy, so possibly quite a lot of hours and experience, but of course, this can cause complacency.

I'm thinkin' the 3-mile takeoff roll across the flatlands shouldda been a clue...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Saw this last year. Definitely an interesting and a harrowing find, and an interesting perspective on crashes. I've had my fair share of emergencies, but never a full on crash

FS2004 Forever

I'm thinkin' the 3-mile takeoff roll across the flatlands shouldda been a clue...

His wheels were still on the ground after the strip ran out weren't they?

Seemed like it came up for a second and touched down again. Might have been better to hit that creek on the overrun after all.

yeah i have seen that. Its weird how no one reacted when the plane was barely gaining altitude...

Probably a slew of stuff one "should" have done in that situation that wasn't. All I can remember is that slash on the pilot's right cheek...

On February 3th 2013, a birthday plane flight ends in a crash landing.

Caught on video (from inside the Cessna 175), later you can hear the pilot say "I'm really sorry about your plane" :LMAO:

Glad no one got hurt, but I have to wonder why you'd attempt a landing in deep snow?

Maybe the pilot saw it done on "Flying wild Alaska".

Video here

RJ

Looking at his rate of descent at the end I wonder if he ever did this. He planted those wheels probably halfway up the struts in the snow! They are lucky that no one was badly hurt there!

On February 3th 2013, a birthday plane flight ends in a crash landing.

Caught on video (from inside the Cessna 175), later you can hear the pilot say "I'm really sorry about your plane" :LMAO:

Glad no one got hurt, but I have to wonder why you'd attempt a landing in deep snow?

Maybe the pilot saw it done on "Flying wild Alaska".

Video here

RJ

Holy Crap, this video is insane. I am so glad no one got hurt. The video which op posted freaks me out (I saw that one a year ago), what is up with the IPAD on the yoke, and insanely long take off. Again, I am glad that everyone in both these videos are alright.

I am just confused on how was the pilot trying to land on snow with tires on? the plane had no skis....they are no way near an paved airstrip???

Scary stuff

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)