Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dillon

Don't know if you guys have seen this one.

That's pretty harrowing.

From the beginning of the video I just felt it looked (i) a hot day, (ii) a low powered airplane, (iii) a very old plane with few if any safety features, (iv) a huge risk flying over terrain (the trees) that provided no escape route opportunities for power/altitude loss.

To me it seemed like poor judgement and high risk taking by the pilot. I have limited experience and this is just an intuitive view of it. The pilot seemed a pretty old guy, so possibly quite a lot of hours and experience, but of course, this can cause complacency.

I'm thinkin' the 3-mile takeoff roll across the flatlands shouldda been a clue...

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Saw this last year. Definitely an interesting and a harrowing find, and an interesting perspective on crashes. I've had my fair share of emergencies, but never a full on crash

newsig.png

I'm thinkin' the 3-mile takeoff roll across the flatlands shouldda been a clue...

His wheels were still on the ground after the strip ran out weren't they?

Seemed like it came up for a second and touched down again. Might have been better to hit that creek on the overrun after all.

Dan.W

20.jpg

yeah i have seen that. Its weird how no one reacted when the plane was barely gaining altitude...

Probably a slew of stuff one "should" have done in that situation that wasn't. All I can remember is that slash on the pilot's right cheek...

On February 3th 2013, a birthday plane flight ends in a crash landing.

Caught on video (from inside the Cessna 175), later you can hear the pilot say "I'm really sorry about your plane" :LMAO:

Glad no one got hurt, but I have to wonder why you'd attempt a landing in deep snow?

Maybe the pilot saw it done on "Flying wild Alaska".

Video here

RJ

Looking at his rate of descent at the end I wonder if he ever did this. He planted those wheels probably halfway up the struts in the snow! They are lucky that no one was badly hurt there!

On February 3th 2013, a birthday plane flight ends in a crash landing.

Caught on video (from inside the Cessna 175), later you can hear the pilot say "I'm really sorry about your plane" :LMAO:

Glad no one got hurt, but I have to wonder why you'd attempt a landing in deep snow?

Maybe the pilot saw it done on "Flying wild Alaska".

Video here

RJ

Holy Crap, this video is insane. I am so glad no one got hurt. The video which op posted freaks me out (I saw that one a year ago), what is up with the IPAD on the yoke, and insanely long take off. Again, I am glad that everyone in both these videos are alright.

I am just confused on how was the pilot trying to land on snow with tires on? the plane had no skis....they are no way near an paved airstrip???

Scary stuff

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now