Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Experience X. Get it.

<br />I realize that you're in all likelihood a 12 year old boy, so I don't expect any real answers to the questions I've asked, and that's okay. You did however press me to ask them. <br />

These comments and people like you just disgust me so much. Being racist to children, while actually you are even worse than a toddler. You just come on forums just for the sake of insulting and arguing. Please, just leave, and give Scarlett a break, I just don't get what you're being so mad about.

Scarlett, could you please for me, and for everybody else do a direct comparison between Experience X enabled and Experience X disabled. Please disable any VSync options and FPS limiter. Also, put Autogen on Extremely Dense or Very Dense, put water on HIGH 2X, disable Light Bloom and AI traffic. Just run your settings near max.

Thanks in advance!

Being racist to children

I don't see where that came in, but thank you for your comment.

Scarlett, could you please for me, and for everybody else do a direct comparison between Experience X enabled and Experience X disabled. Please disable any VSync options and FPS limiter. Also, put Autogen on Extremely Dense or Very Dense, put water on HIGH 2X, disable Light Bloom and AI traffic. Just run your settings near max.

Of coarse, I will do it as soon as I have time when I get to my house.

I don't see where that came in, but thank you for your comment.

Of coarse, I will do it as soon as I have time.

"I realize that you're in all likelihood a 12 year old boy". Sometimes you encouter these kinda people who enjoy calling others "12 year olds" when somebody says something they don't agree with. I think these comments are disgusting and unfair to actual children reading them.

But never mind... silly comment from my side that nobody understands, forget about it... :P

You NEVER said what aircraft you were flying, or if you had *ADDON* scenery installed.

I'm sorry. I thought that when I said, "only add-ons installed during the test were GEX and UTX," that implied that the only add-ons installed during the test were GEX and UTX. Am not sure what's confusing or unclear about that.

SO, again, as I've said 3 times now,

May I suggest you have a tone problem?

you oviously have one of 2 things:

1. Your sliders are WAY too high (mostly autogen)

2. Your addon combination is too much.

And yet my sliders get me 20-30 FPS (locked at 30) over default DC with Opus FSX real-world weather (in more recent tests), and all sliders per NickN. But if I add Experience X lights, that performance degrades. So if Experience X lights add to the autogen burden, such that they force me to turn down autogen below levels that are appealing to me personally and that otherwise produce acceptable performance, then maybe I'll do without Experience X lights. It's a preference. It's what makes FSX horse races.

You don't need to have developed "Flight Simming programs since 1989" to comprehend.

You're directly quoting something I didn't say. I said I'd created a publication, not that I'd developed programs. The quote is just a few posts back. Go back and read it. Sorry, but your powers of observation aren't impressing me.

Look, bottom line - you like your Experience X lights, I also like them but they degrade my performance. How about we chalk it up to experience and leave it at that?

Departing this thread now - enjoy!

I'm sorry. I thought that when I said, "only add-ons installed during the test were GEX and UTX," that implied that the only add-ons installed during the test were GEX and UTX. Am not sure what's confusing or unclear about that.

No, I read your post very clearly, and it's clear now that you have editied your *first* post.

Clearly not, only suggesting you take the time to actually read my previous posts.

And yet my sliders get me 20-30 FPS (locked at 30) over default DC with Opus FSX real-world weather (in more recent tests), and all sliders per NickN. But if I add Experience X lights, that performance degrades. So if Experience X lights add to the autogen burden, such that they force me to turn down autogen below levels that are appealing to me personally and that otherwise produce acceptable performance, then maybe I'll do without Experience X lights. It's a preference. It's what makes FSX horse races.

Other than the fact that I don't know what your Experience X settings are, I hope that you took the time to test and turn down the "Density" of your lights in the configuration. And again, you continue to avoid giving me what your sliders are actually AT, so I can actually determine if your sliders are too high. (Quite possibly the reason).

Sorry, but your powers of observation aren't impressing me.

You have avoided TWICE of what I asked *you* to do. I've read your posts, and I don't go back and edit them later.

Departing this thread now - enjoy!

I kiss you goodbye, without you, this entire conversation could of been avoided.

No, I read your post very clearly, and it's clear now that you have editied your *first* post.

I've read your posts, and I don't go back and edit them later.

I'm not going to respond to the rest, but... no. Just no. The post wasn't edited, you can ask a moderator for verification since I'm sure they maintain logs. I'm not going to be accused of lying so I can pick a fight. I'll be reporting your last post.

Moderators: if you want to delete any of the posts related to this adolescent little dispute, please feel free. Without them, there's information here that could benefit other users and it'd be a shame to lose the whole thread just because of an unfortunate personal exchange. My comments about my performance issues with Experience X should probably stand since they might be useful to somebody later on. The rest, not so much. Thanks!

I'm honestly surprised about the results of this short test, UTX Lights vs. Experience X.

Experience X - only road lights - 43fps

2013-2-7_18-32-35-21_zpse474e0fa.jpg

UTX Lights - 55fps

2013-2-7_18-38-33-408_zps0df3ddfb.jpg

UTX Lights + Experience X City lights only (normal density) - 47fps

2013-2-7_18-47-38-732_zps9cdbcde2.jpg

So far this is the best combination of lights for FSX on my system.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Shot 2 has very blank city blocks (no ligths in the interiors of the blocks). Shot 3 has a few light blips scattered here and there through out the city blocks.

Shot 1 (ExpX - roads only) is very plain. Not overly impressive is it? Thank you for the comparison!

As for the rest of the nonsence above...too bad the thread went this way...to no fault of the OP.

Facinating observation about EnvX in that statement! Is it the tone of the lighting? or the colour tone of the monitor/screen?

Yes, I should increase the size of Exp. X city lights, they are barely visible. Above comparison is FPS oriented test. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm honestly surprised about the results of this short test, UTX Lights vs. Experience X.

Experience X - only road lights - 43fps

2013-2-7_18-32-35-21_zpse474e0fa.jpg

UTX Lights - 55fps

2013-2-7_18-38-33-408_zps0df3ddfb.jpg

UTX Lights + Experience X City lights only (normal density) - 47fps

2013-2-7_18-47-38-732_zps9cdbcde2.jpg

So far this is the best combination of lights for FSX on my system.

Interesting figures I also run both UTX and ExperienceX lights together. And have them running at extreme. The effect is stunning.

I see that although their is an 8% difference and 21% (figures don't really tell the full story) between UTX only and ExperienceX The FPS is very fly able. I assume?

For me EGLL (I run UK2000) is the killer and this coupled with UTX and ExperienceX lights I get around 11fps on my system in heavy weather. Some might see this as a horror story. It's not, because the clouds float by with no jerky clunky movement and everything is stutter free and smooth. I don't get FPS lol maybe it has something to do with Eyefinity, who knows!

It's why I avoid checking them.

One point that hasn't been mentioned its that if you don't have add-on's like UTX. Then these lights brighten up previously dark areas of the planet. Photo scenery exempt.

They are quite customisable too, I particularly like the way you can play around with the colours.

Yes, I should increase the size of Exp. X city lights, they are barely visible. Above comparison is FPS oriented test. :)

It looks like bloom is on... or I'm seeing odd orbs of light around the dense areas....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Alright folks,

Here's what I'm seeing from an objective stand point. Scarlett, you're trying to help, but your replies do come off to me as a little provocative/overly defensive. I feel like that's part of the reason why some people reply the way they do. There's nothing wrong with being sassy, but there's a time and a place. Make no mistake, you are only part of the reason IMHO.

Other folks that are getting testy need to just take a deep breath and think about what you're saying. Written/typed words last forever, use them wisely.

I'll be reporting your last post.

Great. I care this much.

Moderators: if you want to delete any of the posts related to this adolescent little dispute, please feel free. Without them, there's information here that could benefit other users and it'd be a shame to lose the whole thread just because of an unfortunate personal exchange. My comments about my performance issues with Experience X should probably stand since they might be useful to somebody later on. The rest, not so much. Thanks!

So, you call of this "childish", and "Adolescent", and then you tell the mods to delete everything *except* your posts, because *everything* you say is right. Ya, I'm the "Adolescent" one here.

---------------------------

ANYWAYS,

To all OTHER users, after doing some testing, I have come to the conclusion that the "Highway" traffic causes a BIG fps drop. Even with NO ADDONS. Which is strange.

Disable *Highway* traffic, and set your *city* traffic density to "Dense", and your Fps will be completely like that were before the lights.

I'm in the process of emailing the dev about this, but try it out. It's interesting.

then you tell the mods to delete everything *except* your posts

Just to be clear - I was requesting that the mods think about deleting any posts or parts of posts - mine included - that detract from the thread. The thread should be about Experience X and getting good results from it, not about an argument.

Apologies to Scarlett and everybody else for my part in making the thread anything other than useful.