Sign in to follow this  
FloG

LatinVFR San Diego released

as for the specs like I said, sometimes I am just lazy. :lol:

Aren't we all sometimes, Mike!

Scott

Gregg - you're using it with MegasceneryX then and no particular problems? If so, I think I'll pick it up as well to add to my SoCal possibilities.

Scott

No problems at all.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

While I'd agree that you'd be foolish to base opinions based on one good or bad posting, you can get a pretty good impression of many products by reading a cross-section of posts and getting a feel for the sweet spots.

I would agree with that. I need to see a wide variety of view points before making a purchase on a scenery or a/c. If the overall consensus is that the product is good then I will make the purchase. Granted if there is a product that pretty much everyone has a problem with then I will skip it. From what I have read here, I haven't seen anything really negative about this airport or its performance which I have been on the fence with, so for $27 bucks I will go ahead and get today.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Aren't we all sometimes, Mike!

Scott

Actually I should clarify, I like to earn the times when I am lazy. I think that this hobby is not for lazy people. XBOX on the other hand...

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Is the Ocean beach pier included? It's on the approach to rwy 9

No that pier is not included.

About blurry scenery, it is important to know that the resolution of photographic scenery strongly depends on the resolution settings of FSX. With high rfesolution settings, the terrain quality of NAS terrain is excellent even from 1000 feet altitude. At 1500 feet, it is as good as the 3D buildings on the airport. Of course if you get further away as usual the scenery gets blurry whereas the 3D buildings stay sharp.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I've got an issue where a band of what looks like bleedthough is very apparent at low altitude, or around the aircraft. I have MegaSceneryX Socal installed and Latin VFR San Diego above it in the library.

any ideas?

I've got an issue where a band of what looks like bleedthough is very apparent at low altitude, or around the aircraft. I have MegaSceneryX Socal installed and Latin VFR San Diego above it in the library.

any ideas?

I used to have it with another commercial KSAN too in combination with MSX Socal, and it drove me crazy.

Dirk.

Well I can say that I am pretty happy with my purchase of KSAN.

After I installed it, I opened the texture folder and spent about an hour and a half checking textures, converting alpha-less ones to DXT1, and resizing the 2048 ones to 1024 since the difference in looks isn't that noticeable to me and improves performance a lot on my older rig. Then I fixed the LOC frequency for runway 27 to 111.55 since it was set incorrectly to the same freq as runway 9.

I must say the airport looks pretty good and performs better than I expected. With full AI and the NGX I didn't slip below 25 FPS at any point so that is pretty good. Although I can't say how the airport performed prior to me making the texture adjustment since I never tried it out before I went to work modifying. I also turned off the included photo real and just use MegaScenery SoCal to avoid any blending issues between the two different products.

The only niggle I have with the airport is that I have a little texture bleed in the car parking lot that you taxi past when taxing to runway 27. I think I have fixed it though by adding a flatten poly to the AFCAD and setting it 1 foot lower than the airport just for the parking lot area where I get the bleed. I noticed the AFCAD didn't have any poly in the spot so it might be a mesh issue which causes the bleed at the one area. If my flatten works then I will be in business and wont need any further tweaks or adjustments to the place.

Overall nice airport and probably LatinVFR's best one that I have purchased yet.

any ideas?

If anyone has even the remotest idea about how I might fix this, I'd be very grateful?

Thanks

<br />Then I fixed the LOC frequency for runway 27 to 111.55 since it was set incorrectly to the same freq as runway 9.<br />

How do you change the LOC frequency? Right now the runway 27 frequency gives you the lateral, but no glideslope which is frustrating because 27 is the active runway and with MyTraffic, if I land on runway 9 I always meet an airliner going the other way.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

If I'm not mistaken runway 27 does not have glideslope. It is only a localizer or RNAV approach according to my charts.

You can always add one though with an airport editor.

Sean Green

Right now the runway 27 frequency gives you the lateral, but no glideslope

Actually, 27 has no G/S according to skyvector, but it should be possible to add one with airport design editor.

Correct, runway 9 is ILS and 27 is LOC, no glide slope.

Thats probably why cmpbllsjc said he fixed the LOC frequency since it is only LOC.

I haven't been able to find a proper support forum anywhere for this. Anyone else got issues? If so, where are you going for help? Maybe SimMarket?

So I bought it and love it. Nicely detailed airport and surrounding area and works flawlessly with Megascenery Socal. Marginal fps hit for me.