Sign in to follow this  
FloG

LatinVFR San Diego released

Can someone report the scenery around it like the North Island NAS, with a carrier in port? Waiting for more inputs, but for sure I will get this. Besides LA, Hawaii.....I love San Diego.

As i said above, most of the scenery on the NAS is low-resolution photographic, that is it looks good only from a few thousand feet up. There is not much 3D scenery added to that area. However I might have missed something. The Ronald Reagan carrier in port was already there in the default FSX scenery. However the Midway carrier along the coast on the way to the convention center has been added, as well as some ships in the naval yard.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I got it. I have an i7 with a GTX-560Ti 2gig...saw no frame impact at all doing touch and go's in the Turbine Duke and a constant 5-6 Ultimate Traffic 2 moving airliners around. Looks a lot better than the MegasceneryX version and seems to cover a lot of ground around the airport.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Anyone else getting blurry photo scenery? My surround FSX gex textures are sharp... but these are pretty bad: - note the sharp textures at the airport

ksanblurry2.jpg

ksanblurry1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Also some of North Island. Appears to be just photoscenery. You can tell they didn't do anything with the airport layout (taxiway doesn't follow photo scenery)

Overall I like the KSAN airport portion. It's well done. FPS are fine (I was flying with max autogen, weather, and Legacy, and I had at least 20 on final approach, otherwise with Flight1 Mustang VC and NO AI traffic I got 15-17 sitting on the ramp). A good buy for me since I fly on Pilot Edge. About $27 I think I paid for this. It's cheaper than FT or FSDT/FB and you can tell. The autogen outside of the airport boundary isn't annotated on the photoscenery. It looks bad from real low but up high it doesn't matter cause you just see houses.

northisl.jpg

northisl2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is the Ocean beach pier included? It's on the approach to rwy 9

The yellow line on the Google Earth image is the extended center-line of 9/27

Edited by firehawk44
One image removed. Exceeds 1600W and 400KB weight limits. Yours was over 800KB.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Had a nice approach to 27 in the NGX and frames never dropped below 20. I really like it so far.

- Aaron

Do you guys buy all add on airports when they come out? Every time I check simmarket.com and check bestsellers of the week, new products are always on top the list.

No, I bought this because it's in the area I fly when online (Pilot Edge)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

This is the first airport I've ever bought. I don't even think about buying them unless they have surrounding scenery. This one does. Also, though, I like flying into SAN but MegasceneryX SoCal had buildings in the wrong place so I needed a replacement.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Also, though, I like flying into SAN but MegasceneryX SoCal had buildings in the wrong place so I needed a replacement.

Gregg - you're using it with MegasceneryX then and no particular problems? If so, I think I'll pick it up as well to add to my SoCal possibilities.

Scott

Do you guys buy all add on airports when they come out?

From some developers who have proven that you can trust them (in terms of performance and visuals, that is) I buy them immediately after they release something new (if that airport is in the area where I tend to fly), but usually I wait a little bit and read reviews and user feedback here on the forums. This one I would probably have bought immediately after release, though I wouldn't really trust LatinVFR completely, but San Diego fits justperfectly into an area where I like to fly, especially with short/medium range airliners.

Great to hear that KSAN seems to perform good, I'm really looking forward to returning to my simming machine and fly to San Diego!

Flo

Do you guys buy all add on airports when they come out? Every time I check simmarket.com and check bestsellers of the week, new products are always on top the list.

From some developers who have proven that you can trust them (in terms of performance and visuals, that is) I buy them immediately after they release something new (if that airport is in the area where I tend to fly), but usually I wait a little bit and read reviews and user feedback here on the forums. This one I would probably have bought immediately after release, though I wouldn't really trust LatinVFR completely, but San Diego fits justperfectly into an area where I like to fly, especially with short/medium range airliners.

Great to hear that KSAN seems to perform good, I'm really looking forward to returning to my simming machine and fly to San Diego!

Flo

I generally will not question buying an airport if it comes from a "trusted" developer. FSDreamteam, FlyTampa, FlightBeam, Aerosoft developers, LatinVFR are all trusted names. I will also usually purchase an area only if I have an interest in flying there. For instance I passed on FlyTampa's Fly Montreal (at least for now) because I generally fly in the US. I purchased CYVR because I live in the area and the airport is a work of art. In the case of Latin VFR I have a few of their airports and they all preform nice so I felt there was little risk. It is a bit of exercise in futility to base your purchase decision based on what forum users post. Each users hardware configuration, the addons that they use and how they tune it will heavily influence their own experience I know some of the users posting in the forum and their specs are similar to mine so I know there is going to be some similarities. That is only speaking for hardware. There is no guarantee that a users system is tuned properly. As most know tuning your system is a science on these forums. I generally get pretty smooth FR without a lot of issues. I needed to tune a little bit when I purchased CYVR because I began getting OOM's. I had to balance sceneries with addons in order to avoid the OOMs. It was frustrating that I could not use Vancouver+, ORBX, NGX, RC4, SimSavvy, FS2crew all at the same time. In the end I deactivated ORBX and jut used Vancouver+. In the end most of my flights are to the US so I am only in the area for a short time during departure. In a way I miss the old system spec signature (i know, I know) because in a glance you could see a users system and then base your decision of weather they had a valid point based on their system specs. I know that they are still available but I tend to be lazy when it comes to looking at the specs. All in all, I guess what I am saying is that the only way to know whether a scenery like KSAN will preform on your system is to take the risk and purchase it based on all of the available data available. Which is exactly why I like these kinds of threads.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It is a bit of exercise in futility to base your purchase decision based on what forum users post.

While I'd agree that you'd be foolish to base opinions based on one good or bad posting, you can get a pretty good impression of many products by reading a cross-section of posts and getting a feel for the sweet spots. There are also users here with a solid track record who's experiences I know either match mine with other products, or who can at least can serve as a pretty good yardstick (plus or minus) for how things will be on my system.

The outliers at each end are pretty easy to detect and discount.

In a way I miss the old system spec signature (i know, I know) because in a glance you could see a users system and then base your decision of weather they had a valid point based on their system specs.

And again, I'd have to disagree. I love the new system as it doesn't clutter things up when not needed, but the information is only a single click away for posts where it matters. That is, if those who care about such things put the information in there... :-)

Scott

While I'd agree that you'd be foolish to base opinions based on one good or bad posting, you can get a pretty good impression of many products by reading a cross-section of posts and getting a feel for the sweet spots. There are also users here with a solid track record who's experiences I know either match mine with other products, or who can at least can serve as a pretty good yardstick (plus or minus) for how things will be on my system.

The outliers at each end are pretty easy to detect and discount.

And again, I'd have to disagree. I love the new system as it doesn't clutter things up when not needed, but the information is only a single click away for posts where it matters. That is, if those who care about such things put the information in there... :-)

Scott

I think we are kind of saying the same thing. Which is why I value these threads. as for the specs like I said, sometimes I am just lazy. :lol:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg