Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EGLL77W

The 777 isn't that big, is it?

A friend sent this - thought some of you may like to see some comparison between the 737 and 777 ^_^

Taken from a B734 - 777 is a 200ER.

The diamaeter of 737 fuselage is almost the size of the engine on that aircraft. There was a picture of a 737 parked with it nose almost in the engine prior to, or just after the T7 was launched in service.

Here is a good picture. Those GE90 are huge. This was off airliners.net... If anyone wants a high res photo of those beauties PM me. I will get some close up next time I am at the airport.

Here is a good picture. Those GE90 are huge. This was off airliners.net... If anyone wants a high res photo of those beauties PM me. I will get some close up next time I am at the airport.

Cool picture but this topic or your post will be removed since they don't allow copyrighted images on here!

Nice picture Luke. When it finally arrives, it will be such a big change from the 737!

I will get some close up next time I am at the airport.

What airport do you take pictures at? I would love some shots of the 777 if it's not too much bother for you, we can do an exchange if you want B)

Cool picture but this topic or your post will be removed since they don't allow copyrighted images on here!

Yeah, maybe they can allow him to post the link to the image, instead of attaching the image.

That's fascinating though, those are some huge engines.

I'm still shocked at how short the 772ER is, looking down the cabin its as if I'm looking down a 763 cabin.

I take photos at SFO mainly. I will snap some up next week or the following. Send me a PM with the request. Man I guess I did not follow the rules. I gave a shout out to Airliners.net and did not hide the fact it was taken by someone else. What is this so called free country coming to. Lol.... It's also open to public viewing and not being used for the sale of or promotion of any commercial products. Oh well sorry Avsim and PMDG. My Am rant ;) lol guess I need some more coffee... Or a T7 ;) from PMDG!

FSX Screen Shot... 737 v 777.

Not nearly as good as the photos...

KTPA-KIAH%20Group%20Flight%20777%20vs%20737.png

Just to add some more perspective, for those GE90-115B Fans I'm standing directly in front of one, and I'm 6'2.

The plane is huge (especially the 300ER) - you don't understand until you've stood next to one on the ground.

The plane is huge (especially the 300ER) - you don't understand until you've stood next to one on the ground.

I was amazed how tall they were at first - compared to barely being able to stand under an A346!

something I love about Qatar airport is they have no jetways. You take a bus to the aircraft, weaving through rows upon rows of 777s and board via stairs. Awesome feeling boarding a 777 like its a small charter jet

I agree with the common visual perception of the B777-200 as a short aircraft. Same applicable for 767-200.

777-300 is looking bigger but visually not that big as 747-400/-8 because of the sleek/streamlined fuselage

777-300 is looking bigger but visually not that big as 747-400/-8 because of the sleek/streamlined fuselage

To me, the Emirates livery emphasizes the size of the B777-300 (perhaps due to its large text?). Whenever I see an Emirates B777-300, I can easily imagine that it is longer than a B747-400.

I agree with the common visual perception of the B777-200 as a short aircraft. Same applicable for 767-200.

Same with the A380,it looks incrediby short until you're on one.

Same with the A380,it looks incrediby short until you're on one.

Those wings are complete insanity. I wish I got a photo standing directly under them..

Those wings are complete insanity. I wish I got a photo standing directly under them..

I got to stand up close to one at the Farnborough Airshow a few years back, its one big mama of an aircraft lol, but it's no way near as clean and sleak as the 777 :P

I got to stand up close to one at the Farnborough Airshow a few years back, its one big mama of an aircraft lol, but it's no way near as clean and sleak as the 777 :P

Awesome! At the time I was a big fan of the 380 - the people I did work experience with gave me a lot of time with the aircraft. Insane feeling pushing the throttles up (Engines off) I was surprised how stiff they are. Unfortunately there wasn't any 777's at T3 during the times I was there )-: That being nearly 3 years ago (wow time flies!) there's probably more there now.

the people I did work experience with gave me a lot of time with the aircraft.

I did work experience at a local commuter airline and did an underfloor corrosion check on an F50. Learnt heaps there, even got to connect the a/c to ground power using the cockpit switch. No where near as big as the a380 though.