Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

She's out!

Hope they'll announce it far enough in advance that we can set up a live-stream at uni. That's if they do a live-stream of course. I understand Airbus wanting to keep stuff under wraps, but a live-stream of the first flight would be nice.

Not official, but I'd trust the source, the rumour at work is for first flight next Friday morning...  ^_^  B)

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Not official, but I'd trust the source, the rumour at work is for first flight next Friday morning...  ^_^  B)

Regards,

Ró.

According to a local TV station, first flight should take place on thursday 13  at 10 am local time, weather permitting.

Problem : European ATC unions are calling for a strike on that day (protesting against the merger/consolidation of ATC within the EU).

We'll see !

Rgds,

Bruno

Here's a video of today's High Energy RTO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz8_Jwxprm8

Regards,

Ró.

Great to see her moving....this looks like Toulouse...I thought they did their RTO tests at Istres?

Either way, roll on friday!

Great to see her moving....this looks like Toulouse...I thought they did their RTO tests at Istres?

Either way, roll on friday!

Perhaps it's the MTOW RTO they do there, They needed to get a RTO done before first flight, so of course that means TLS.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Perhaps it's the MTOW RTO they do there, They needed to get a RTO done before first flight, so of course that means TLS.

Regards,

Ró.

LOL.....who's a silly boy!!  :wub:   of course, how else would they get the bird to Istres?  Anyway, look forward to seeing this majestic bird flying/

High speed RTO's are the scariest thing to do in aviation. Especially on short runways at MTOW.

High speed RTO's are the scariest thing to do in aviation. Especially on short runways at MTOW.

Indeed, luckily for most of us, we'll never experience one outside of the flight simulator.

Here's another video of the High Energy RTO from yesterday from a clearer angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFdsuparj1U

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Indeed, luckily for most of us, we'll never experience one outside of the flight simulator.

Do you have low V1 speeds?

Do you have low V1 speeds?

Typically in the A330 it's somewhere between 130 knots and 140 knots for 75% of the time... Comes down a bit for wet runways, could be as low as 125 knots but you'd rarely if ever see it below that...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Typically in the A330 it's somewhere between 130 knots and 140 knots for 75% of the time...

Regards,

Ró.

Have you had to reject a takeoff in the 330? My friend sounds like he's had a tough time in the 330. They've had a RTO one flight and a complete flameout a few weeks ago just as they reached cruise. He's been there for about a year in a half.