Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

She's out!

don't like these Airbus vs Boeing debates as most don't like them around here.

Matthew,

Hope you are right on the majority opinion. I know I am sure sick and tired of them.

Kind regards,

I know I am sure sick and tired of them.

Me too.

I really start liking the design of that plane, when I saw the first pictures I thought "That's an ugly bird", but actually she's a beauty IMO.

WOW!

Looks like a Airbus copy of the Boeing 787. Well I guess if they can not design their own aircraft just copy someone else.

And the 787 is a copy of the A330 which in turn is a copy of the 767 which in turn is a copy of the A300. The basics of all twin-jets are going to be similar, two engines, two wings, landing gear etc. 

But to compare the 787 to the A350 isn't quite accurate, visually they're quite different, payload wise the A350 is a much larger aircraft than the 787. They're designed for different missions. Sure, both have the latest and greatest in technology, but that's not one copying the other, that's common sense...

We've pretty much mastered what the best design for a two engined aircraft is, so expect a lot more aircraft coming in the future to look roughly like this.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

My new office: :wub:

Regards,

Ró.

Either that is a short airplane or really tall people! Haha

WOW, that flight deck looks like a home cockpit builder's dream come true! Looks so "easy" to be able to build a home cockpit based on the A350-900... What screen sizes are the displays, Ro?

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Just had a look at that short clip, what happened to the blue hydraulic system? Can only see green & yellow on the overhead.

Rob Prest

FLEX1978, on 22 Jun 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Just had a look at that short clip, what happened to the blue hydraulic system? Can only see green & yellow on the overhead.

There are only two hydraulic systems on the A350 (and A380) !

Look here: http://www.a350xwb.com/advanced/systems/

and also here: http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a350xwbfamily/technology-and-innovation/

"Another A380-proven concept is the use of two hydraulic circuits (instead of three on other jetliners), with redundancy provided by a dual-channel electro-hydraulic backup system. In addition, A350 XWB’s hydraulics will be operated at the higher pressure level of 5,000 psi., which also is used on the A380."

Guy

Thanks Guy, very interesting. Cant wait for Qatar to take delivery.

Rob Prest

The EICAS looks to be a bit cluttered but aside that it looks awesome, nice to see that it will have a HUD and the fact that the A320's don't have them is a bit strange considering that their rivals the NG's have them. Also since Airbus has ditched the Lithium batteries it looks like that they shouldn't run into the same problem that the 787 had. 

The A320 does have a HUD as an option, I have also seen privately owned A319/18 equipped with HUDS

Rob Prest

A320 does have a HUD as an option, but it's clunky as heck and takes up a lot of space right in front of the pilots.

Regards,
Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg