Sign in to follow this  

Wales close to release

Just read that Wales is close to being released. To my disappointment it's not cheaper then England (which I expected because it is smaller) but Orbx decided to add an airport for 'free' (right...) and so the price is the same as the much larger England area. Think I will pass anyway and wait for FTX World. I rather have the entire world in an equal quality then smaller regions being a lot better then the rest. ^_^ (Which is why I also don't use addon airports anymore, so forcing me to buy and use an addon airport in Wales isn't my idea of nice ^_^ ). I enjoyed staying in PNW for a looooooooooooong long time but since I fly the NGX a lot more, those FTX regions don't cut it anymore: I need more room!

Maybe I will get some future European regions to spice up FTW World when they are on sale.

Anyone here looking forward to Wales? Or do you also plan to get FTX World instead of all those regions?

I'm still buying regions, and will get World. I'm one of those horder/collector types... I can understand why they're (presumably) keeping the region price the same as the others, but tossing in a 'free' airport to make up for the region not being that big. I did wonder how that was going to work. I used to snap up the airports as well, but there are so many of them that I don't get around to them any more (should use the same argument for planes, but I don't...). Cardiff will be a good place to head to in the RJ/146, DC-9, Dash-8, A320 and NGX (and probably DC-6, and hopefully one day a Friendship...) on short trips, so it won't be wasted on me.

Under surveillance already!

Cheers

Mike

I'm moving to Wales lol but will skip this one for a few reasons.

I dipped my toe into the Orbx world with England and maybe because of all the raves and sheer swooning that goes on maybe my expectations were set too high. I also suffered from one of those unexpected gremlins when I installed it which wiped out my FSX world resulting in a complete re-install. When I finally got Orbx to work I was surprisingly underwhelmed. The purple/blue pastel coloured shard in London also didn't help because it isn't the colour it is depicted to be.

Although Wales is very hilly and I'm sure will look stunning with the Orbx paintbrush, (assuming they keep away from the pastel palette) I have totally no reason to fly over it in the NGX which would be a waste i think. Orbx suits GA so when a smaller lighter plane takes my fancy maybe, just maybe ill give it another try. Maybe!

Before I obtain any more of their work, they need to fix England first don't they?

Or have I missed it? Their was an awful lot of noise when England came out after all, so am still on the fence with Orbx.

I'm a bit tempted. It's not a large area so I hope the quality will be better than England.

The free Cardiff is not much of an attraction as I have the uk2000 version.

However flying out of Bristol in the NGX may be better when turning north. It depends on the cost for me.

I have Orbx England which I enjoy but no way will I pay full price for Wales. As previous poster I have UK2000 Cardiff so the free airport is no incentive. They should have released Wales/Scotland/N.Ireland as one package to complete the UK. Then I would have been the first to purchase.

Same price?? Lol. Wow. Photoreal for me then. That is asking a little much IMHO for area so small. I am still getting over what I paid for their NZ area.

Considering you get Cardiff for free that usually would have cost around 32.95$ I don't think it's such a bad offer even if the region is small.

And maybe there will be alot of more detail than Orbx regions have normally because it's such a small region, who knows maybe this will be one of their best regions.

I plan to get Wales and also FTX Global when it comes out, mostly because they are planning to get rid of the region switcher with FTX Global wich is a very welcomed feature. I would not want to stop buying regions because of FTX Global because the Global product will never be as detailed as the Orbx regions.

I also have FTX England and haven't had any problems with it, think it looks great.

Everyone always complain about the price of Orbx product, but the amount of work and detail these guys put into their scenerys I think It's totally worth it and I haven't found any other landclass alternatives with the same amount of detail. If anyone knows about other landclass products that have the same level of detail as Orbx, let me now I would be intrested.

And looking at the price of e.g Areosoft Austria X pro which is a similar product like FTX regions. It costs 65$ and Austria is even smaller than England, so I don't think the pricing of Orbx products is that bad really, and now they offer discounts on older products so....

Same price?? Lol. Wow. Photoreal for me then. That is asking a little much IMHO for area so small. I am still getting over what I paid for their NZ area.

wait till you see how much that photoreal costs. lol full uk and ireland from horizon comes to $308 bucks even if orbx charges 40 for 5 regions (ENG WAL SCO, NI IRL), that's just 200. Horizon does have a bundle for the ENG and Wales areas only for what comes to 60 dollars, so that might seem like a good deal, but it doesn't include any airports you'd have to add UK2000 for another pile of money. granted if you love photoscenery (I don't) you might prefer it to ORBX, but it's far more expensive in the long run, not less.

It's out, for those who are interested.

Mike

Not me, it's a tiny piece of land for the cost. If I don't want the "free" payware airport then it's not good value.

I will buy Scotland, and then global and that's all. I always wondered, if global is going to be as good as expected, how will they going to keep selling the regions.

-Iain Watson-

Not me' date=' it's a tiny piece of land for the cost. If I don't want the "free" payware airport then it's not good value.

I will buy Scotland, and then global and that's all. I always wondered, if global is going to be as good as expected, how will they going to keep selling the regions.

[/quote']

because global wont have the detail of the regions including the hand placed land class and autogen.

it's pretty clear from the global pics that its not as good as the regions.

it's pretty clear from the global pics that its not as good as the regions.

to me it looks better than GEX and integrates into the other FTX regions so thats a winner for me

to me it looks better than GEX and integrates into the other FTX regions so thats a winner for me

Agreed. It will look better than GEX, certainly around the borders of the FTX regions anyway.

If people are expecting the level of detail in Global as they get in the FTX regions then they are going to be disappointing.

I have around 10 products with ORBX and they are all stunning I just wished YBBN my favorite was more frame rate friendly

Im also buying the world because of the NGX. For my GA flying I have settled on SOCAL mega scenery V2 because it covers PILOT EDGE where I will do all my non jet flying

I can totally understand the collectors mentality though and a lot of the smaller fields are a work of art in some ways

ZORAN