Ok I have FSX running on only 3 frames per second. I have a Intel i3 M370 / 4GB RAM / and Intel HD Graphics Card. I know this may suck for gaming but I know it can get at least 20 fps. I have every single slider set to low and this still gives me only 3 fps. I run the original FSX with only aircraft addons. No scenery no nothing. All sliders set to 0 execpt global texture resoloution is set to high for the plane. With default fsx aircraft I can get 20 with the sliders maxed out, but it doesn't make much of a diffrence because the crappy graphics card displays it like legos. I just want to run the addon plane and I do not care about the scenery. Its like the PMDG 737NGX or the Airbus X. I get 5 fps max on those planes. No matter what I do the frames don't change. If I set all the sliders to high then I still get 3 fps. If I set it to low, I get 3 fps. The scenery changes but the fps doesn't. Does anyone have any idea on what I could do to improve fps? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to AVSIM!

Consider following the AVSIM FSX Hardware and Software Guide, which contains detailed explanations and information about settings and tweaks. You still might not experience improved performance, as your computer specifications do not meet the minimum requirements of both the Aerosoft Airbus X and the PMDG B737.

If your getting those kind of frames. It wont matter what kind of tweaking you do. There is far more of an issue.

2 cores at 2.4GHz and 4G RAM is really not a strong enough system to run complex addons like the NGX. You could try to lower your screen resolution, or some addons have some ways to reduce CPU such as lowering the refresh rates on the gauges, but if you really want to use the NGX I suggest you upgrade your hardware instead of spending hours trying to tweak this one.

Barry Friedman

Your going to have build a new machine or fly default planes. No offense but I am surprised you can run FSX at all.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

This may not be the best system for Fsx but try a FX8350 Amd build I get 30fps all day long with Carenado planes and mid 20s on the NGX while running Rex and Orbx PNW and Orbx airports all for around $600 worth.of hardware here's my build

Fx-8350 4.2 ghz

8Gb ram at 1600

Nvida 660ti FTW Ed. Bought this later on as an upgrade from a 560ti no difference in fsx unless in clouds.

800 watt corsair psu

H60 liquid cooler

$30 case

TA970XE Mobo

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

add usepools=0 to your fsxcfg , fiberframetimefraction=0.1 ,highmemfix=1

lowering all sliders in fsx dose not improve performance, make sure you have water at low1x, LOD_RADIUS=3.5, autogen=none.

all traffic down.

clouds make sure to use dxt clouds and if your using anti aliasing make sure its not more than 2x.

if your using the ngx make sure you limit the cockpit displays fps in the fmc, and in performance manager make sure you set low resoutlion virtual cockpit. and untick hd vc in fsx aircraft menu,

also in fsx resoultion settings make sure you set 16bit not 32.

see if that helps.

these settings wont make your sim look ugly but balanced.

So you have FSX barely running on a clearly too slow system and so you have bought both the PMDG 737NGX and the Airbus X...? You should have checked the minimum requirements first.

Are you sure you bought them.................? :huh:

Make sure you have installed all the patches (for FSX and the planes) and check the guides but I think you need another system to solve your problems. You can't compare the 737NGX and Airbus X with default planes.

Thanks for the replies again. I have tried tweaking and I have all the service packs and other stuff you guys have suggested but it doesn't seem to improve fps. I knew that I didn't meet the minimum requirements but I went ahead and bought them because I knew I was going to be getting a new computer soon and I just wanted to try it out on the sytem I have now. Here is some of the specs of the new PC I'm going to be getting. You guys tell me if it sounds good.

Intel i5 3570k @ 3.3 GHz and I will be overclocking it hopefully. The NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB. 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, 430W Corsair Power Supply and the rest of the specs are really just basic stuff. Thanks.

Yeah that system sounds just good, should be able to run FSX and 737NGX / Aerosoft Airbus with high settings without any problems as long as you do some basic tweaking.

Good choice on getting a new computer! I reckon you will be able to run PMDG smoothly with medium settings, maybe a few exceptions with higher settings.

Welcome to the nightmare,I hope you have a good paying job,or parents that will buy you a cray computer,you have my sympathy's.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Welcome to the nightmare,I hope you have a good paying job,or parents that will buy you a cray computer,you have my sympathy's.

Okay, that picture is very disturbing.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

If you shake your head while flying, you'll easily double your fps to let's say 8-9 and enjoy flying ...

too much, too soon....