Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Haven't touched my FlightSims in days because of this new Addiction

I have to show that to my wife... I only fear loosing flight time... :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thank you...but, why "five by five"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Because traditionally, there were 2 scales from 1 (or 0) to 5 for radio reception, signal strength and signal clarity (basically a measure of the SNR), You could conceivably have a strong, but garbled, signal, which would be '5x1' or '5x0' if it's totally unintelligible.

"5 by 5" indicates top quality strength, and top quality of signal clarity.

"5 by 5" indicates top quality strength, and top quality of signal clarity.

not with me :lol: i'm weak and my brain signals are low quality with alot of static :lol:

over 1 million copies sold on pc and there's an Xbox/PS3 version coming out Summer 2013

Well...... Then something is learned when it seems that Farm Simulation could be as big as FSX (and maybe has a wider market!)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have to show that to my wife... I only fear loosing flight time... :-/

also Multiplayer/CO-OP and there's a business model ontop of all the other goodies: buying,selling,shipping, receiving, etc. etc.

Well...... Then something is learned when it seems that Farm Simulation could be as big as FSX (and maybe has a wider market!)

it does have a wider market: I know men, women and kids that play this but fsx/xp10 is usually a male thing :P :lol:

I'm going to Bass Pro Shops this weekend for their annual Spring Fishing Extravaganza. Makes me stop and think. Ever thought about a fishing simulator? To equate to MSFS it would need to:

- Provide every source of fishable water, from the oceans to the smallest trout streams

- Include all the roads and bridges that get to there, including off road trails

- Geo-contour stream and river flow, and water depth, including underwater structures and “buried” junk that provides habitats

- provide all the known fish types, complete with species-typical size ranges, texture and coloring, food chain tendencies, and seasonal habits

- provide the full range of water vessels from kayaks and canoes to ocean-going commercial fishing ships

- accurately modeled and true to life ports, marinas, piers, and docks, each complete with AI boats

- provide accurately modeled electronics including maritime GPS, comm radios with real world frequencies and coverage, collision avoidance and weather radar, and a full range of depth and fish finders

- the full range of fishing tackle available, including selection of fishing lines, lures, and modeled live baits

- what did I miss????

Thinking this through really brings our flight simulation hobby and how it has developed into perspective, doesn’t it?

You see? There is this fishing hole below a bridge just off route 17 where the Robidoux stream flows into the Gasconade river near the Waynesville/Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, area where I used to catch great trout and small mouth bass and I haven't been back there in real life in years.............

Robidoux-Gasconade-M.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ah, thank you for that explanation!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I have said as much in other ways. No other type of consumer level simulation I can think of even attempts to go into the level of detail necessary to be deemed even worthy of "true" sim status within the community as it stands now.

And now it seems that even the most obscure of those has better commercial prospects.

Hmmmmmm.........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

http://www.farming-simulator.com/ the vehicules, equipment, graphics, etc all look great!

Now with the new smell-o-manure feature!

Farming simulator 2013, "As smelly as it gets".

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

It's one thing telling your wife that you'll be flying the 737 to Amsterdam after tea, but another telling her you're going to drive the tractor round the farmyard :lol:

The latter is more likely to provoke fears of infidelity, too. ;)

Stand by on this purchase. I am getting ready to Beta test my next release which is a Simulator which will simulate running all the simulators. Version 2.0 will be a simulator that simulates running a simulator that will simulate running all simulators and will be a free upgrade to all that purchase the version one simulator.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I am getting ready to Beta test my next release which is a Simulator which will simulate running all the simulators.

Just the thought of that gives me shivers!

When moving a tractor (or combine) from one farm to another will it have to stop at train crossings?

Would be nice to see someone on a tractor mowing the grass around the runways....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just the thought of that gives me shivers!

Most likely caused by your shiver simulator :p0802:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/