Sign in to follow this  
soundrats

Dynamic Head Movement in FSX

After that I took off in my PMDG MD-11: The head movement was still off, for sure!

Any other device that might intervene? Just to say something weird again: TrackIR?!?

And here's one more:

I changed head movement back to Yes ("by the book") and took off again in my PMDG MD-11' VC: head movement was back!

So, to me, it's the one single "switch" for the head movement in FSX.

If you still get h.m. after setting that switch to off (No) there MUST be something interfering, IMO. If it's not TrackIR, there will probably be something else.

Damned - sorry - very weird.....

I have TrackIR installed but it is not active. Can something interfere what is not active?

If it is really gone in your FSX - you are not using zoom 50 or below I assume - then off course there must be something - question is what?

Tom

I have looked into this before having made all the changes you have tried. I find its not a head bobble but your seat seems to slide around in the cockpit dependant on your heading. Its easy to see by slewing your heading. I find that it is a function of your distance from the c of g so the bigger the plane the more you slide around. I read on the pmdg forum that this is hard coded into fsx and not available to change.

Greg

If it is hardcoded and not to change why somebody has this and others like olii4740 not...?

Tom

This has been irritating me ever since I bought FSX, from what Iv'e gathered, there isn't really a fix for this. Some days its not there, others it is. 

I did change some parameters in the camera.cfg a few months back, set a few things to "0" tested it out in the PMDG NGX and all was fixed. A few days later, it somehow reset itself and the nightmare was back! 

I am always looking for fixes to this problem, just cannot find the answer. Bought EZDOK thinking it would fix the almighty pain of a problem, but still no hope.

I guess we will just have to stick with it until someone finds that bit of code that disables/enables it.

Damned - sorry - very weird.....

I have TrackIR installed but it is not active. Can something interfere what is not active?

If it is really gone in your FSX - you are not using zoom 50 or below I assume - then off course there must be something - question is what?

Tom

I use dbs Walk&Follow and, when activating it from the addon menu, exiting FSX, shutting down my computer and firing it all up again the next evening - W&F would be active without any further action right from the start.

Is there something sittin' in your FSX, switched on, and will never be off 'til you find it and positively turn it off?

And ... yes, I zoomed all the way back in my MD-11 on takeoff for a better view. Both times. H.M. was very noticable when 'Yes' and completely disappeared when 'No'.

I use dbs Walk&Follow and, when activating it from the addon menu, exiting FSX, shutting down my computer and firing it all up again the next evening - W&F would be active without any further action right from the start.

Is there something sittin' in your FSX, switched on, and will never be off 'til you find it and positively turn it off?

And ... yes, I zoomed all the way back in my MD-11 on takeoff for a better view. Both times. H.M. was very noticable when 'Yes' and completely disappeared when 'No'.

This is caused by an edit in the fsx.xml file. For further info go to http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_getting_started2.htm

read the chapter Starting the OpusFSX Software Automatically with FSX and P3D

There you go

Tom

This has been irritating me ever since I bought FSX, from what Iv'e gathered, there isn't really a fix for this. Some days its not there, others it is. 

I did change some parameters in the camera.cfg a few months back, set a few things to "0" tested it out in the PMDG NGX and all was fixed. A few days later, it somehow reset itself and the nightmare was back! 

I am always looking for fixes to this problem, just cannot find the answer. Bought EZDOK thinking it would fix the almighty pain of a problem, but still no hope.

I guess we will just have to stick with it until someone finds that bit of code that disables/enables it.

No addon can fix this cause they all work with the FSX view - and if this drift away every addon must follow - that is the pain and no developper can talk to the sim programmer - that is the damned thing. In XP I talked several time with Ben Supnik and asked him to change something and if it was a cool idea it came with the next beta. But as FSX is since years at his end - only workarounds are possible it will be never better as it is. Actually it is very astonishing that planes like the PMDGs are existing and are so fine working on this aged platform.

Tom

@Musart please answer only if you can help I do not need your religion it is heavy enough to work agianst all this FSX bugs or not fully programmed parts of this old and piece of software. What do you think are people doing who are programming for FSX - they almost always looking for workarounds for a no more supported application.

So if you can help, please do....

Cheers Tom

You must be right, I was only annoyed by your comment. But stating that it is stupid does not means that is stupid for all the rest of the users who enjoy it. The idea is to make things more realistic and that's why it was implemented and that's why 2D panel is still an option.

Why not say: "This feature do not fullfill my needs, the programmers should have thougt to make it toggle" instead

By the way, that works for me, just tried it:

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000

MaxHeadAngle=0.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.000000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

Glad to help.

Regards,

You must be right, I was only annoyed by your comment. But stating that it is stupid does not means that is stupid for all the rest of the users who enjoy it. The idea is to make things more realistic and that's why it was implemented and that's why 2D panel is still an option.

Why not say: "This feature do not fullfill my needs, the programmers should have thougt to make it toggle" instead

By the way, that works for me, just tried it:

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000

MaxHeadAngle=0.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.000000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

Glad to help.

Regards,

Sorry but this does not help those lines have been posted a lot her and in other threats. But this does not solve the problem at all. 

Kind Regards Tom

Sorry to hear that. I don't understand, really.

I've tried to change these lines back to original and forth and still works great...weird.

No other add-ons that might interfere?

I'm just thinking:

Did you try these with default aircraft or 3rd party ones? If it's with 3rd party AC, maybe they have internal head movement that can not be altered in anyway.

I tried it only with PMDG. I do not use something else in FSX. But you are right I could try if it is related to PMDG or to FSX.

Cheers Tom

This one has had me scratching my head for ages.  Another annoying tidbit.  Head movement changes based on geographic location. The further north or south you travel from the equator the less pronounced head movement becomes.

Test for yourself.  Try moving around ESSA or any other far north airport.  Head movement goes away.  Move close to the equator and the effect becomes magnified.

I have made all the noted changes in this thread as well, no effect unless I am far north or south.

Does this really mean there is no way to eliminate it? I can not believe that the put in a head moving which is altered by the geographical position of the plane.

Any more help?

Cheers Tom

@peacedivision - I tried it out and you are right in norway there is nearly 0 head movement if I drive circles on the apron. If I do the same in south germany it is moving as I know it. How bad it must be in the near of the equator.

There is really no way to kill this head movement???

Cheers Tom

@peacedivision - I tried it out and you are right in norway there is nearly 0 head movement if I drive circles on the apron. If I do the same in south germany it is moving as I know it. How bad it must be in the near of the equator.

There is really no way to kill this head movement???

Cheers Tom

Find the line of code that is the equator and remove it / disable it?!