Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

I've got a little question regarding the cockpit night ligthing.

Right now they look quite greyish. Has this something to do with the night backlighting color/hue? If some could explain this to me that would be awesome.

In reality they look more like this

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-777-328-ER/1506104/L/&sid=ed5b81afa46fb3befc6fef28047b50ca

Thanks in advance

Mike

Of all colors........brown!....eww. looks mank lol

Right now they look quite greyish. Has this something to do with the night backlighting color/hue? If some could explain this to me that would be awesome.

If I remember correctly this discussion was up during the NGX development as well. And the quick answer is that a camera won't depict real colors correctly. Someone with photographic skills might be able to explain this more in depth.

So the PMDG screenshot might actually be closer to reality, as they use actual color specs from Boeing manuals, than the real picture from Airliners.net. :smile:

The PMDG night lighting previews look much more brownish than greyish to me.  The photo has a richer brown colour due to the way images appear under such lighting.  In reality the panel colour would not look that warm at night.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Of all colors........brown!....eww. looks mank lol

Yea the 787's grey looks a lot better and more modern, even the Airbus blue is better than brown. 

I've been sitting in both A330 and 777 cockpits, believe me the 777 brown makes it much more cosy than the cold blue hint of the Abus. Outdated or not, that's a fact.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I've been sitting in both A330 and 777 cockpits, believe me the 777 brown makes it much more cosy than the cold blue hint of the Abus. Outdated or not, that's a fact.

I love the cold instead of the heat so it works for me lol, (hate the summer time)

Yea the 787's grey looks a lot better and more modern, even the Airbus blue is better than brown. 

http://bit.ly/100Fyij 

But come on guys the 300ER will be out soon after or at the same time as the 200LR.

And the 300ER is flown by a wide range of airlines on a wide range of routes!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

But come on guys the 300ER will be out soon after or at the same time as the 200LR.

And the 300ER is flown by a wide range of airlines on a wide range of routes!

Then fly the PMDG 200LR on those routes. It isn't PMDG's problem if you make restrictions for yourselves.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Exactly. I won't even bother with the 200ER, i'll just use the LR with the same repaints. It's almost the same, really.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

@@rsrandazzo

PMDG_777_VC_01.jpg

PMDG_777_VC_06.jpg

Disregard original post - great job on fixing the FO's yoke! I noticed a difference between this and the original photo, which is in my signature  :P  :lol:

Oh and I never did compliment you guys on the cup holder, lots of coffees to be placed in there - hopefully won't spill them on final approach to Heathrow  B)

Anybody else notice that of all people, RSR needs to update his AIRAC?

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR