Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Forum Performance Update #3

Well, after some long days, we have seem to have licked the issues that arose with the update to the IPB base software. As you can see, most functionality of the previous system is back and more importantly, the site is up to its previous speeds of response. I want to thank almost everyone for your patience and understanding during this bit of a flight diversion. We are now back on course, and things can settle down to the low roar that was AVSIM a week or so ago.

This post has been promoted to an article

Hi Tom..... thanks very much for all the hard work you (and any "helpers" you may have!) do to keep this site up and working so well.....

It is the place I come each day to see what's "goin' on" in Flight Simulation......where I can ask questions, and get answers.

Thanks very much!

All best,

Ray Landolt (the Ol' Blackbird)

See? I told you it would work out in the end. :england-flag:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

See? I told you it would work out in the end. :england-flag:

* I * knew it would. I didn't need convincing. It was those other "dudes" that like to do drive by shootings that you are talking to, right? :t0105:

Great to hear, and indeed there's much faster respond times from the site for me...  ^_^  :Applause:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Enjoying the SPEED!

Thanks for the hard work.

Stan

Yes, a big thank you to all the Avsim staff for finding that dirty bug.    :good: 

Java, you can't live with it or without it..  :crazy: .

Happy belated :Four Leaf Clover: day

RJ

Thanks to the staff for their dedication and support! Hopefully future updates will run smoother. 

Glad I've picked up a strong tailwind here again...  GS is fantastic!!!!  Thanks for persevering, though honestly we've come to expect that based on the past decade and a half.

BTW.  I looked through my bookmarks today and just have to say that along with perhaps my credit union online banking site and maybe ESPN.COM this is the website that I have frequented for the longest period of time.  Not sure what comes in next.  Doesn't matter.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

*Insert Top Gun reference you know is coming here*

Thanks Tom and everyone else behind the scenes!

Thanks for the update and good news. A thumbs up to Tom and the AVSIM staff.

Regards,

Mel