Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Are people really this stupid?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

On the bright side, the aircraft and pilots made it through without receiving permanent damages.

Why look that far in the USA?They were doing it at Manchester Airport until a year or so ago.

We see these laser incidents happen alot.. It's nice to finally see one of these idiots actually get caught and penalized.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Good to see the wanna be muderer get punished. Considering he is 19 and old enough to understand the world - I can only fathom that he was trying to bring a plane/helicopter down with all its consequences on purpose. 30 months is too low for such forms of life.  Now we are stuck with his upkeep, room and board which all taxpayers will bear. A Net negative to society.

Considering he is 19 and old enough to understand the world

People can act foolishly at any age. I see people in their 30's driving recklessly on the road everyday. Is the common sense that matter. 

30 months in jail, that's pretty good, great to see that some areas still have juridical system that isn't concerned about freedoms of criminal but safety of regular people instead.

In this country with messed up legal system he would have gotten fined at best, to get into jail for 30 months here you would either have to go scam big amount of money or severely beat somebody.

Yes, even in my country these incidents are not few and far between!   It happens with disturbing repetition, and it certainly is not so easy to catch the perps.   It is very dangerous, and in one incident the laser was shone into the cockpit of a Kulula flight (one of our low cost carriers) and the pilot (a lady), averted danger by swithing over from what would have been a visual landing to a straight instrument approach.

I think they should impose minimum sentence laws for these people, treat it as attempted murder and give them a sentence of ten years minimum, unless they can show good cause as to why that sentence should not be imposed - good luck with the last part though!

Kind regards

Actually I found it quite refreshing to hear that it happens elsewhere in the world, as I though we had all the dickheads in the UK!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Was listening to YSSY on liveATC and heard a report of a laser one day. Heaven forbid that it happened, but I could just imagine after an accident some idiot saying 'I didn't mean to do it...'

They either need to either stop selling them, cut down their strength and/or put on all the packaging that shining it at an aircraft is a felony.  There is scant reason to be selling lasers that shoot 500 ft to the broad public.  With so many lasers out there, as the saying goes "If you give an infinite number of gorillas a typewriter, one of them is going to write War and Peace."  Too many of them...someone's going to do it. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

True foolishness is not entirely related with age. I meant 19 years old is usually old enough to understand the consequences of pointing a laser into a cockpit and then doing it again. 30 months is not enough for such actions.

People can act foolishly at any age. I see people in their 30's driving recklessly on the road everyday. Is the common sense that matter. 

I can only fathom that he was trying to bring a plane/helicopter down with all its consequences on purpose

Cmon, you're overreacting. 30 months is really enough. He just thought it's fun to point laser beam to aircraft (it's NOT).