Sign in to follow this  
captain420

World of Traffic AI plugin for X-Plane

I think the author of the plug-in better answer that one mike! 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

W9nwrwi: the car, I think was to demonstrate arbitrary ground traffic... And also fun (if totally unrealistic real-world) to try catching up to the car before it turns off the runway. IIRC the default 747 couldn't when on its default weight and fuel.

I am interested to know this as well.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

As I understand the app as it is, regarding ultimate traffic, it may be possible but a lot of work would have to go into it to add the appropriate data. How many aircraft depart and arrive each day at KATL, KJFK, KSFO and KLAX? You'd have to add all the appropriate data for EACH aircraft individually, then go through all the airports one by one and add those flights. It would be a monumental task at the least for it, but theoretically possible should someone have that much time to spend on it.

As I understand the app as it is, regarding ultimate traffic, it may be possible but a lot of work would have to go into it to add the appropriate data. How many aircraft depart and arrive each day at KATL, KJFK, KSFO and KLAX? You'd have to add all the appropriate data for EACH aircraft individually, then go through all the airports one by one and add those flights. It would be a monumental task at the least for it, but theoretically possible should someone have that much time to spend on it.

the dev will update the plugin with a random traffic generator for the whole planet, all the airports.

I'm overdue for upgrading the desktop. I can run XP10 with reasonable setting, but as soon as I installed the World Traffic plugin I no longer have enough juice to even get to the flight environment. XP tells me I have totally run out of memory and to lower my settings. I lowered settings to nothing and still get the message.

Keith Guillory

I'm overdue for upgrading the desktop. I can run XP10 with reasonable setting, but as soon as I installed the World Traffic plugin I no longer have enough juice to even get to the flight environment. XP tells me I have totally run out of memory and to lower my settings. I lowered settings to nothing and still get the message.

you need to upgrade your pc, it's not strong enough for xp10.

Are you running 64 bit or 32? I get a similar out of memory error pretty much whenever I run 32 bit  but don't get is with 64. This started about 7 months ago-did not have a problem before that. 64 bit runs fine.

Geof,

I am running 32 bit, but as you can see from my first post and my profile, my pc is seriously lacking horsepower. I do appreciate the inquiry.

Keith Guillory

I am running on a 4 year old i7 920 2.67 ghz.

32 bit  (didn't for the the first 8 months or so) crashes every time with an out of memory error.

64 bit runs fine. Only problem is reality xp gps only runs 32 bits-I'm caught between a rock and a hard place....

Also interested in this traffic  add on but not interested in tweaking/writing flight plans for the whole world. Will wait for the random or better than that an ultimate traffic type of deal.

I had the same processor you had and I did a CPU only upgrade to a Phenom II X4 965 for only $80 and boy what a difference, BIG difference. If you don't want to spend too much the check it out, make sure you mobo is compatible. 

Of course if money is no object, then go with an Intel system.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I had the same processor you had and I did a CPU only upgrade to a Phenom II X4 965 for only $80 and boy what a difference, BIG difference. If you don't want to spend too much the check it out, make sure you mobo is compatible. 

Of course if money is no object, then go with an Intel system.

Thank you for info exchange. I am considering all possible options to be able to run sims with no hassles.

Keith Guillory

3-4gHz (no overclocks) with 8-16gb memory and any 6000-7000 series AMD or 6xx series nvidia will make most games run like the wind. Overclocking from the 3-4gHz doesn't add much processing power for most sims I've tried, but FSX, being completely CPU bound does run 10-15fps better at 5gHz than 3.8gHz (from 30FPS over default NYC at max settings up to 45FPS). XP, being more balanced among the hardware, doesn't seem to get much from overclocking and isn't worth the risk of frying the CPU or bricking the system from a bad timing.