Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

DCS: Mil Mi-8MTv2

What kind of stick you have to fly her with? I'm having a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 FF joystick and just cant handle her. Or any other DCS chopper. I think the force feedback might be the problem. If not, then maybe I'm just a bad chopper-pilot  :(

Yeah it's yours FF that's the problem, they are not good for helis, as in a real heli cyclic you don't have any resistance unlike airplanes where the yoke's tying to return to a natural position. Even with my x52 it's "not a walk in the park" since it has resistance, so the best joystick is without any resistance.

Allright thx, luckily I can disconnect the FF so maybe there's hope for me. This chopper is such a classic I really want to master it.

Don't forget to make your approaches almost like in a light aircraft. Descend towrds your landing spot, as if it was your chosen touchdown point in a rw, and as soon as you get low enough to be IGE then start pulling your collective.

Having forward speed as you approach is important!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Bought today at sale. Struggled a little bit until I figured out stabilization modes are switched off. It flies very nice.

EvilBivol-1 Update 1 1.2.6

Honestly I don't have that much to say at the moment. The next patch scheduled for release is the update to 1.2.6 already announced here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114584. Being that it is primarily designed to fix stability issues, it has little to do with the Huey and Hip specifically and will include only the minimum new changes needed to address those problems so as to minimize the chances of fouling something else up at the same time. If all goes well, we will then move on to the next big update, which may or may not be 1.2.7 and will likely feature more updates dedicated to the Huey and Hip.

In terms of what we've been working on internally, it's mostly been the external cargo model for the Huey, numerous cockpit updates and fixes for the Hip, and some command updates and fixes. Sorry, but no dramatic new features yet.
  • Upvote 1

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117324

More data Mi-8MTV2 changelog incoming Beta 1.2.7:

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

• Added Mi-8 Spring Tension campaign EN and RU. Beta
  • Adjusted main rotor droop (underspeed) dynamics in the flight model
  • Implemented tailboom strike modeling
  • Installation of IR suppression devices will now reduce the helicopter’s IR signature and performance characteristics (slightly lower engine power output)
  • Implemented RI-65 voice warning system failure reporting (WIP)
  • RI-65 and autopilot stabilization channels will now be on by default when starting “hot”
  • Implemented ESBR (electrical bomb release control panel) functionality with all associated weapon systems modeling
  • Corrected the number of preset channels for the R-863 radio
  • Circuit breaker “bump plates” are now clickable and animated
  • UV-26 countermeasures dispenser will now indicate selection of port/starboard/both release modes
  • Added visual canopy damage effects in the cockpit
  • Numerous updates and corrections to elements of cockpit geometry, textures, and lighting
  • New custom sounds for numerous cockpit switches/controls, pilot blisters, cabin door, and engine start audio
  • Restored wheel brake volume level in the cockpit
  • Updated Autostart and Autostop scripts
  • Implemented airframe configuration panel in the Mi-8MTV2 Helicopter Group menu of the ME to control setting of engine IR suppression devices, weapon hardpoints, addon armor plates, and engine lifespan condition (WIP)
  • Added numerous new skins
  • Added command to toggle mirrors ([M])*
  • Expanded list of assignable joystick commands*

• Upvote 2

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

BTW picked this up the other day, and FINALLY have a helicopter simulation I can believe in!  After so many years.  No fundamental compromises.

Thank You.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you, and the same applies to the UH-1H.

Simply forget any other sim, when it comes to helicopters.

I also have the P51d, and look fwd for the civil model coming with 1.2.7, and all of the other aircraft, that I do not fly, but it's good to know are ready to be used when I find the time to learn how to properly use them...

This said, I have to add that IL2 Sturmovik is yet another Masterpiece. I know we're going to have WW2 aircraft too here in DCS, and I also look forward and will try to get it as well.

It's a fact that if we want the best flight dynamics, not only rotary wing, we have to use combat flight simulators. 

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I remember really digging into the original SU27 Flanker -- and I mean the version that SSI released in the US a thousand years ago, I think one of the first things Eagle Dynamics did (at least that was sold).

While at the time Falcon 4.0 was getting all the visibility, I was absolutely shocked -- for back then -- at how sophisticated the flight engine, the rendering engine and the overall system was.

Layer on top of that a mission generating/editing system that was completely cutting edge, and AI that was the same (at a time when F4's AI was a joke), and, well.... it was massive.

And here we are many years later.  I've almost been afraid to get back into DCS because I know any ONE of the modules released is a lifetime of practice, training, mastery and detail, and even then, there's almost more than one human being can absorb;  OTOH life is short and I had to give it another spin.

The control input configuration stuff is absolutely top-notch as well, the customization is highly detailed, light-years ahead of anything else (well except maybe the TM Warthog).

And the helicopters are using real-world physics _and_ a variety of internal simulations -- a direction A2A has pioneered for FSX -- that go well beyond the usual variant-of-core-FDE that's possible in the latter system (sophisticated as it is, make no mistake about that, either).  And you really feel it when flying, with all the particulars of helicopter performance that aren't faked the way they tend to be in FSX.

I'm really amazed people on the Eagle Dynamics forums complain about anything -- well, it's a massively complicated, detailed system that's been evolving for literally decades -- and I'm sure there are those who are totally hardcore about the online multiplayer enough for every little thing to matter to the utmost degree.

Anyways, absolutely not to be overlooked, as I have for so long (well, intimidated is a better word! <G>).

Steve

• Upvote 2

Reviving old thread a year after the last post. I notice that Mi-8 is still listed in Beta status. From the comments above, I can tell that people think it is a good module. It's on sale right now, and I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to buy this, if something remains fundamentally incomplete, or if there is anything a potential buyer should be aware about?

I actually gave my license away sometime ago, but it was a good and very complex module - too complex and too cyrilic for my liking...

This morning I was exactly considering buying it again... but I didn't, yet...

IMHO, vortex ring state is a bit overdone... You practically only succeed in rolling landings ( always have some fwd speed... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Maybe I'll skip that for now. I've negected DCS for a while, so I'm practically starting over, and I need plenty of practice just with the helicopters I have. Damn that Huey is good. What do you think about the Migs or the trainer aircraft, if you have them. Would you give any a red light?

None of those.

I decided I should concentrate only on the ww2 birds, and kept the uh-1h because there simply isn't another sim with such a great flight dynamics model for a rotary wing, and I don't want to pay again for DODSim Bell206 for FSX, when I had it for fs9 - it was also very good...

I also bought the F86, although I seldom start it - but it's a great module too.

You should check Chuck Owl«s guides for DCS

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128890&highlight=chuck

and

http://forum.europeanaf.net/showthread.php?25527-Good-DCS-F86-F-guide

Main Simulation Rig:

mi-8 is a great halicopter even it is a beta. but huey is the beast for me.

i am waiting for f-18 or f-14 or mirage. 

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

What do you think about the Migs

The MIG 21 by Leatherneck is superb, in my opinion the best of the DCS addons, even with my soft spot for the KA-50.

I refuse to by anything else by Belsimtek until they actually finish a module, even as much as i want the MIG 15.

Ian R Tyldesley