Sign in to follow this  
BelowMinimums

More relase date speculation

So in the new thread relating to FANCON '13, I beleive Mr. Randazzo gave us a little hint about the release date. Thread here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405274-17apr13-upcoming-fancon13-give-me-your-thoughts/

He says: "Anyway- let me know what you want to hear. I promise two things: 1) I will mention something new about the 777 that you don't already know." Considering FANCON '13 is on the weekend of May 4th, I think this means the release date is going to be after or during FANCON '13.

it seams like it could be a subliminal message Mr. Randazzo was trying to portray, what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

Ryan,

Go spend time with your family. Go have a BBQ.  Go fly. The thing isn't in beta yet. It's going to be at leat 3 months to a year.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Ryan,

Go spend time with your family. Go have a BBQ. 

+1

Its great your so enthusiastic about release, but do something with your days. As we will all be glued to our computer screens come the day of release.

Just to clear some things up, I'm not one of those people who just sit and stare at the forums waiting for something to happen. I go to school, I do homwork, I fly a little, spend time with my family, and check the forum for any new interesting posts regarding the real life 777 because some times people post cool things. I just made this post to see if anyone else caught what I saw.

Just to clear some things up, I'm not one of those people who just sit and stare at the forums waiting for something to happen. I go to school, I do homwork, I fly a little, spend time with my family, and check the forum for any new interesting posts regarding the real life 777 because some times people post cool things. I just made this post to see if anyone else caught what I saw.

IMO its condescending to go "tell" someone to have a bbq or love the wife when a simmer gets passionate. Its also very assumptive as not many school kids fire up the bbq every time they feel the urge to participate in a 777 forum :rolleyes:

ZORAN

Meh - don't care either about speculated dates. .. will be glued to my PC too once its released !!

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Ryan,

Go spend time with your family. Go have a BBQ.  Go fly. The thing isn't in beta yet. It's going to be at leat 3 months to a year.

I think you're being overly pessimistic to be honest. 3 months is very possible, but a year? RSR said in a live stream that most definitely it will be out this year, as well as his repeated mentioning in updates that they have a very "complete" 777 coming together.  I agree it's best to not stay glued to the forums as a watched pot never boils, but making blanket statements like it isn't even in beta is shortsighted.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Ryan,

Majestic Software release her Q400 this Weekend, so I have found a nice bridge to the T7 release! Not for long haul, but enough to learn and explore for some weeks.....

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg
Markus Frank
Windows 10 64,Intel i7, 32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1080ti, Prepar3D V4.

I think you're being overly pessimistic to be honest. 3 months is very possible, but a year? RSR said in a live stream that most definitely it will be out this year, as well as his repeated mentioning in updates that they have a very "complete" 777 coming together.  I agree it's best to not stay glued to the forums as a watched pot never boils, but making blanket statements like it isn't even in beta is shortsighted.

I agree Elijah. Rob has continuously said they're never mentioning a so called 'beta' in this project. He has however said it's being put through rigorous testing/verification & cleaning up loose ends etc in the latest update. I'm not quite sure Rob would say it's the first 'prerelease preview' if it's still a year away - that makes no sense lol. It's been over a month since the last update, so we have no clue what's been happening behind the scenes. Don't forget they did say it was essentially complete too! (Speculation at its greatest! Can't help it sometimes hehe..)

It is unfair to assume someone just watches the forum all day because they noticed a possible clue! I'm sure the OP was just trying to create some excitement and make the wait somewhat enjoyable with everyone else.

I think there's a huge possibility of an indication of release schedule at Fancon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (-:

I think there's a huge possibility of an indication of release schedule at Fancon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (-:

We must pray ! :Praying: 

I agree with FSXKING that the release date will be published during FANCON because of the statement that he quoted by RSR and the one in the following thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405098-16apr13-technical-servicesplanned-outages-update/

which states in part:

Between 16APR13-01MAY13, we will be in the process of reconfiguring our operation to handle the increase loads and customer capacity anticipated for the 777 release.

Harry Nelson

Next week, next month or next year...each day is a day closer to flying the 777.  Although it's tempting for me to post "I want, I want, I want", nothing I say will make it release any faster.  I'm still happy as a pig rolling in poop to fly the MD-11 and 744 as often as I can.

Chris Sunseri

what do you guys think?

I think this thread is a giant waste of time.

So many other things we could be talking about.