Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Enhancements or improvements for default planes

Not too long ago there was a thread about default planes and their worth. Many suggested downloading improved VC, textures and what not to improve them a bunch.

For the default FSX planes (I think most were referring to the tubeliners), anyone one have links to exactly what and where these improvements are?

- OZx Goose Redux HD

- FSND FSX-B747 Upgraded Cockpit (Alejandro Rojas Lucena)

- FSND FSX-B737 Upgraded Cockpit (Alejandro Rojas Lucena)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sorry for not remembering the exact link but at the ozx forum is the amazing Goose hd redux (if that is the name). Really amazing hd vc and external textures plus redone flight dynamics. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Alexander Colka

Posky 737

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Posky 737

I assume you mean these:

Boeing House (Dreamliner) Winglets

Boeing House (Dreamliner) with VC

Boeing House (Dreamliner)

Before I download, I'm a bit confused at to the differences though. So the winglet version does not have a virtual cockpit at all? Does the simple Dreamliner version have neither VC nor Winglets, right?

To confuse even more there are Model Packages? What's the deal with these, are they needed on top of the base models? What the heck is an eyebrow on a plane?

For Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Most POSKY downloads on Avsim and other websites already have the correct models included in the file, so each seperate Model Package isn't necessary. It's provided for those who actually require the base model for their own repaint packages etc. Winglet models have no VC, they have a wingview instead. The VC noted by POSKY was designed for FS9. 

An eyebrow is a small window on the upper sides above the windshield which some older 737's have. 

However, most downloads officially released by POSKY are in FS9 format, unless you find some which have been converted to FSX here on Avsim, of which I'm sure there's plenty. If you want to use a FSX VC in a FS9 POSKY model, you must first download the FSX-updated base Model Packages, and replace each model, for each aircraft you have, with the updated version. This is where the different Model Packages come into play and make things confusing, because you must replace each model file with the correct one - for example you cannot replace a No-Eyebrow model with an Eyebrow & Winglet model because the texture files won't work. So I reccommend you just search for versions which have already been converted to FSX with a VC included, 'cause doing it all manually is a real pain. 

Nevertheless, here is a tutorial on merging the FSX 737 VC with a POSKY 737: Link

If you're willing to part with some money, RXP Gauges/GNS 430W/530W and TSS sound packs make for some nice improvements.

For the C172 you can get the RealAir C172 flight dynamics files: http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=downloads∼=fs9&product=c172&fileType=allfiltered&submit=Go

Gauges fixes for the CRJ7: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxgau&DLID=100473

If you use Acceleration: Blue Angels fixes for FA/18: http://fsxblueangels.com/hornet%20dowload%20template.html, see also http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0. There are carrier packages in the library, search for Javier Fernandez.

Werner Schott has done checklists for many default aircraft: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Werner+Schott+default&CatID=fsx&Go=Search

Barry Friedman

In addition to the Blue Angels fixes to the F/A-18, there is also the Sludge Hornet, with links & forum posts available at the above FSDT forum.  Short of that, there are also a few fixes in the library for things like the HUD.  In my opinion, the F/A-18 hornet is already one of the best default planes that exists in FSX, and is improved nicely with either the Blue Angels or the Sludge Hornet mods.

There are quite a few changes / upgrades to the CRJ floating around as well. I had downloaded a much nicer set of textures for the VC night lighting a few weeks ago, but I can't recall where it was from atm.  Myself, I've merged the CRJ VC with the IRIS Global Express exterior and replaced all the 2d panels with panels appropriate to the Global Express, and replaced the MFD & EICAS panels in the VC as well. Add in the ISG FMC, and it works very well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

- OZx Goose Redux HD

- FSND FSX-B747 Upgraded Cockpit (Alejandro Rojas Lucena)

- FSND FSX-B737 Upgraded Cockpit (Alejandro Rojas Lucena)

Thanks for this info Pe11e, much appreciate it.  I love flying the original FSX Airplanes and these default addons is what I've been looking for!.  I'm not much into the realism planes since there are too complex.  I just want to go and fly!..lol  I will never be a "real" pilot, I just want to have some fun without the hassle of trying to be one in a game!.lol

Thanks again!

peace

No probs mate. :)

These upgraded default planes are really the golden middle for me, good fps, and enough systems to keep you entertained.
Also check Airbus A320 FD Special Version V3 here in avsim library, my favorite freeware airliner.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

No probs mate. :)

These upgraded default planes are really the golden middle for me, good fps, and enough systems to keep you entertained.

Also check Airbus A320 FD Special Version V3 here in avsim library, my favorite freeware airliner.

Thanks!, I'll check out the A320 as well.  Thanks again Pe11e.

peace