Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SierraHotel

Which VA do you fly the Dash 8 with?

Which VA do you fly the Dash 8 with? I have just joined FlyBe as my other VA's (BA,FlyUK and AirChild) don't use the D8 Q400, which is a shame.

None.

But at the moment, I am loving flying all of the real world Wideroe routes, in Norway, with the Q400.    So I just Googled to see if there was a Wideroe VA, and I found this :-

http://virtualwideroe.weebly.com/index.html

...don't know if it's active though?

I think virtual scandinavian (or sas or somesuch) services the Widerøe routes.

None.

But at the moment, I am loving flying all of the real world Wideroe routes, in Norway, with the Q400.    So I just Googled to see if there was a Wideroe VA, and I found this :-

I'm flying for Scandinavian VA. (www.scandinavian-va.net)

We have the Wideroe flights on our flight plan. I will fly those with the Dash 8. I think SAS itself isn't using the Dash anymore.

I have also just joined Alaska Airlines. I'm also wondering which VA's I will have to join to fly the PMDG T7!

And how is the VAFS issue? I tried the Ctrl E trick and nothing happened. The only way was to save the situation and load up another turboprop, get the acknowledgement from VAFS and then reload the situation. Real PITA.  

Hopefully it gets sorted out very soon

CTL-E and SHF-CTL-F1 are working for me with VAFS; sometimes I have to try a couple of times, however. And so far, my landing rate is exceeding 1000 fps!

None.

I'm flying for Scandinavian VA. (www.scandinavian-va.net)

We have the Wideroe flights on our flight plan. I will fly those with the Dash 8. I think SAS itself isn't using the Dash anymore.

Hi guys,

Well, I never heard anything back, or got any emails after registering with Virtual Wideroe, so I assume it's dead and buried.

I'll go take a look at virtual SAS now ..... thanks :smile:

I'll go take a look at virtual SAS now ..... thanks :smile:

There's a whole bunch of SAS virtual airlines. You might check each of them to see which fits you best.

Hope you find somehting that suits you.

There's a whole bunch of SAS virtual airlines. You might check each of them to see which fits you best.

Hope you find somehting that suits you.

Thanks. I checked out www.scandinavian-va.net as recommended. Wow, tough admission system! .... You need to record a whole flight in the default 737, arriving using a STAR for ESSA, and send it to them. I have mixed feelings on that; I respect how seriously they are taking their pilot recruitment, but I personally would be put off to have to spend my (limited) free time, making that video; especially using the default 737! (which is a requirement).

I will look at other SAS VAs. :)

weblogo.gif

Intercity Airways, www.viaintercity.com

Hundreds of Q400 flights across Western Europe. They also operate another brilliant propliner, the PMDG Jetstream 41.

Some fun airports on the schedules too, such as London City, Sion and Innsbruck.

ckyliu, on 03 May 2013 - 3:29 PM, said:

weblogo.gif

Hundreds of Q400 flights across Western Europe. They also operate another brilliant propliner, the PMDG Jetstream 41.

Some fun airports on the schedules too, such as London City, Sion and Innsbruck.

Now this sounds like my cuppa tea..;-) Will be signing up asap.

CTL-E and SHF-CTL-F1 are working for me with VAFS; sometimes I have to try a couple of times, however. And so far, my landing rate is exceeding 1000 fps!

I still cannot get CTRL-E to work. Dont know how you have it assigned but I put it to auto start engines. So nothing happens. 

I did try saving the situation, then loading a prop which triggered it, but then on reloading the Q some things wouldnt work. 

And yes I had a nice smooth landing and it gave me a landing rate of 3900ft/min! lol

Something is really messed up with it. so cant use the aircraft for my VA

HighTowers, on 04 May 2013 - 6:25 PM, said:

I still cannot get CTRL-E to work. Dont know how you have it assigned but I put it to auto start engines. So nothing happens.

I did try saving the situation, then loading a prop which triggered it, but then on reloading the Q some things wouldnt work.

And yes I had a nice smooth landing and it gave me a landing rate of 3900ft/min! lol

Something is really messed up with it. so cant use the aircraft for my VA

Hi mate, I see what you mean now, both Alaska and Intercity use VAFS and no, I can't get them to work either.

ckyliu, on 03 May 2013 - 3:29 PM, said:

weblogo.gif

Hi Chris, all signed up, but can't get the VAFS to work, tried twice now but no joy. I did make a vid** of one of the flights though using Intercity colours. I guess I'll have to wait until they sort this problem out. Hope Intercity understands as I don't own the J41.

Hi Chris, all signed up, but can't get the VAFS to work, tried twice now but no joy. I did make a vid** of one of the flights though using Intercity colours. I guess I'll have to wait until they sort this problem out. Hope Intercity understands

We've tested it as working, but it could he a bug on our side so I'll check it when I get back from Dublin (posting from my mobile). In the meantime, make sure you're using Intercity ACARS from our website (we don't use VAFS, all our stuff is coded by us in house) and ensure you press begin flight then start flight (details are in our getting started guide) then use the CTRL E workaround (details on our news page).

Hi Chris, all signed up, but can't get the ACARS to work, tried twice now but no joy. I did make a vid of one of the flights though using Intercity colours. I guess I'll have to wait until they sort this problem out.

Should all be working nicely now, to make doubley sure you can do CTRL SHIFT F1 (engines off) before starting, then CTRL E afterwards (start engines) and it should get FS UIPC to register it properly.

The video is great, if you've can PM me a few details (flight number, blocks on and blocks off time) I'm sure we can get the hours registered for it :-)