Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul J

SweetFX v1.4 released

Adds more functionality, but works and configures as per 1.3.7. 

Get it here, courtesy of Guru3d, links at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for posting. I'm a big SweetFX fan and won't run FSX without it.

Guest Mik75

I tried it once in v 1.3.7 and I really liked the look of it. But somehow I didn't get the Antialiasing to work at all. Any tips on how to configure it (and/or Nvidia Inspector) correctly are highly appreciated!

Awesome - thanks for the heads up Paul!

I'll give this a try.

Today I posted here at the DX10 forum a summary of my best fsx.CFG and Nvidia Inspector settings used for FSX Gold, dx9 or dx10 modes, as well as LM P3d.

I wonder how Nvidia settings (set through NI or the Nvidia control panel) coexist with SweetFX 1.4.

Should I set everything to application controlled in NI and let SeetFX do it's job? Is there a combination of NI and SweetFx settings?

I don't consider Inspector settings when using SweetFX, JC, as it's post -processing, and likewise, I don't consider SweetFX when setting up Inspector, which is pre-processing - being the tool that creates the graphic display in the first place.

Here's a bunch of Inspector settings which have evolved over the last eight or nine months - the last two folders work well and are the result of input from a number of DX10 users. May 4 and May 6 are closest to mine at this moment, with these settings for Sweet. You can really play with all of these settings, just keep the original folder safe so you can copy it back in case it "go bad", and fsx won't start.  :lol:

Thx Paul ;-) !!!

Hello i made sweetfx 1.4 install today and i notice sweetfx is applying antialiasing automaticly i didnt even tick on it? im only trying to activate Vibrance with 0.15 setting but its adding aa too? i turned off fxaa (wich was im using) ect ect both on inspector and nvidia control panel and untick at game screen also... i even unticking vibrance but its keeps adding aa when a reload and cycle to on/off with sweet fx?

im using SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3 to control sweetfx parameters...

Hello i made sweetfx 1.4 install today and i notice sweetfx is applying antialiasing automaticly i didnt even tick on it? im only trying to activate Vibrance with 0.15 setting but its adding aa too? i turned off fxaa (wich was im using) ect ect both on inspector and nvidia control panel and untick at game screen also... i even unticking vibrance but its keeps adding aa when a reload and cycle to on/off with sweet fx?

im using SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3 to control sweetfx parameters...

I'm getting the same issue... Neither FXAA or SMAA are enabled in the SweetFX preferences file, but whenever I enable SweetFX using scroll lock, there is a slight blurring applied to the entire scene which resembles FXAA. 

Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

Yeah, I've gone back to 1.3.7, as I had more predictable results with it.

The other thing I had, around the same time, was a couple of D3D11.dll crashes, (two in the last three-four weeks or so), and so I've also rolled back the Nvidia driver to 306.97, with Inspector going back to 1.9.6.6. Nothing else running with FSX uses dx11, so I'm hoping that removing one of these newer/latest files fixes the issue. Right now only two other people have reported this, so it might be something a bit peculiar to our machines... 

I'm confused, I have unzipped the whole file into the FSX directory as instructed, and see no difference. Nothing happens when I press scroll lock and nothing happens if I change settings and press pause to inject. Clearly I'm doing something fundamentally wrong! Any ideas?

I'm certain all the files are in the right place.

Martin make sure scroll lock is not used as an assignment in fsx for starters

Thanks Richard, have solved it, not really sure how but now working! Hopefully the CTDs of the prior version are now not an issue and I can use this glorious tweak!

sory but couldnt understand your suggestion paul :)

What are the reasons that this thing causes CTD's on so many systems? I really would love to use it but I'd rather prefer the freedom of actual flying. :(

I don't know where this is coming from, Drum.

What are the reasons that this thing causes CTD's on so many systems?
I haven't heard this, and I have only had two crashes in about five months - both attributed to the D3D11.dll, which is used by Nvidia and by SweetFX, but I have no knowledge that SweetFX is definitively causing it, nor (apart from two others) have I heard from any others that SweetFX is implicated. ENBSeries is a different bird, however, and I don't want to attach the ENB reputation to Sweet, as I've flown faultlessly with SweetFX v1.3.7 for several months, now, in testing for Steve, and even if it were the cause, It's possible that it may have a conflict with some other background app - certainly, at this time I have no evidence that SweetFX "causes CTD's on so many systems..".

I'm getting the D3D11.dll crash and its fairly consistent for me. I thought it was the version I was using but after updating it still occurs.

At the moment my "impression" is that if I only switch it on once I'm up in the air it seems to work ok. The only difference between being up in the air and on the ground is that when I'm on the ground I'm setting up my flight and may be using FSX menus etc. I'm probably just trying to allocate some cause to the crash when in fact at the moment it's a complete mystery.

Hmmm... my suspicion is the Nvidia 31x -series driver, Brian, but I'm not sure. As mentioned elsewhere - I rolled back to 314.07, then 310.7 and then reconsidered and went down further to the highest I had below the 310's, as these were never a problem, pretty stable. The post 310 are coming out every two to three weeks, it seems... 

All

I was using a prior version of Sweet FX and struggling massively with D3D9.dll CTDs that I couldn't work out, took me forever to work out that it was Sweet FX. Countless hours of testing has proved this conclusively for me.

HOWEVER since removing that and switching to 1.4, I am pleased to report that SO FAR I cannot replicate the numerous CTDs I was getting with an older version. Lots of testing still to do as the CTDs were quite random in timing but it's looking promising so far.

This is getting stranger by the minute   :lol:   Was that when using DX10, Martin, and what was the prior version?

Thinking his settings.txt file was not right I tried one the other day and could not get fsx to run got a message could not connect to saitek driver

I have Nvidia Driver 320, DX10 and 1.4 installed and it has never looked or acted better.

Kind regards,

Anyone tried this in full screen mode ? Seem to remember I used to get single digits with the old version and had to ditch it.

Thanks