Sign in to follow this  
Bobykim

FSUIPC 4.90 drives me nuts

Hi,

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.90. I fly the PMDG NGX and somewhow FSUIPC give spike input to my parking brakes. Via fsuipc i mapped a button to parking brakes. First via FS input controles and i tried via key mapping. Even if i remove all parking mappings and buttons it still puts parking off...on...off...on. Drives me nuts. I have checked all control inputs within the controller options menu within FSX: i cleared them all.

Thirdparty add ons:

- UTX

- REX Ess + Overdrive

- UT2 - 2013

- Aerosoft airports

Think you might be blaming the wrong software.I'd put money you have failure modes set ON in the NGX fmc.

parking brakes won't work if they have a failure set to occur.this is nothing to do with FSuipc.

i had same problem,check your settings in the NGX fmc and see what you have activated.

steve

I was having control spikes after installing 4.9 as well.  Not just the brakes...throttles too.  I had to very carefully recalibrate.  Still, hasn't removed all of them but most, anyway.  Keep us posted and, definitely, let Pete know. 

Edit:  and just for a matter of record, I have UTX, UT2, Accufeel, VAFS and EZDOC.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ah....  I too have been having hardware spikes for a few days.  Never crossed my mind to think of it being that though and, to be honest, still not sure it is.  Pete is normally far to ahead of the game for that kind of thing. It does seem a big coincidence if not though.  I too, have also callibrated - twice.  Its better, but not fixed.

Brakes stopped working for me in the NGX altogether just a few days prior to the latest release of FSUIPC, so I don't think it's this particular version that's causing the problem.  

this is a shame, All i can add is, backup twice as much as you fly.

I seen no issues in FSUIPC 4.9 with justflight BAE 146.

Pity about the thread title though...  it's a wee bit misleading, possibly emotive and might give folk the wrong impression.

No spikes or other issues with 4.90 here.

Me neither, works like a charm

23.png

Are you sure you haven't just forgotten to remove the same assignment in FSX itself, you sound like you may have the parking brake assigned in FSX and in FSUIPC itself. So when you turn the parking brake on with FSUIPC FSX then sends the command too and that lets the brake off again.

Cheers, Andy.

Pity about the thread title though...  it's a wee bit misleading, possibly emotive and might give folk the wrong impression.

Yes, we do have to consider all things and combinations of things suspect which is why I posted the other things I have on my computer...so we could look for common themes.  I have FSX controls turned off...they're all handled through FSUIPC.  On my part, I've been on a hunt on my machine, cleaning, uninstalling, reinstalling...recalibrating...turning software off, back on...checking CPU and memory levels...everything.   I've found that one program, VAFS, makes it worse, but getting rid of VAFS didn't make it go away completely so I suspect VAFS isn't causing it; just making it more obvious.  The reason I mentioned he get a hold of Pete is because he may be able to help us...he's got a lot of knowledge and he's helped a lot of folks with problems which is where a lot of his tools in FSUIPC came from and has a lot of experience.  He's been helpful to me while I've been hunting it down.  We need to look for common themes, weed things out and, hopefully, get to the bottom of it.  He has a possible workaround (which is to work around a hardware issue, I think) but he suggested I don't try it until I've tried everything else.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM