Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

From 1-10, How would you rate this Sim?

Five-By-Five you still giving away a copy for an FSXer to try? :D

only to the haters :lol:  

Five-By-Five you still giving away a copy for an FSXer to try? :D

only to the haters :lol:

Haha worth a try :lol: at least it would be domestic shipping

I'm running alongside the bandwagon...thinking about getting on but just not sure yet, there's just things I don't want to lose

No...I think I just talked myself out of XP10 :sad:

No...I think I just talked myself out of XP10 :(

OK, PM YOUR info and I will ship you a REGIONAL copy :canada-flag:  CANADA, USA, ALASKA and HAWAII and if you like it you can always upgrade to global.

No...I think I just talked myself out of XP10 :(

I feel your pain.  I try the demo and think, "OK, maybe I'm not being fair and to really see this I need to buy a regional copy, add some good freeware and at least one good payware plane."  And then I decide, nope, what I'm seeing just isn't generating the needed enthusiasm.  Then I read of updates and enthusiastic new users, so I update the demo, try again, and go through the whole process again.

We all see things differently, and for whatever reasons, I'm still not quite seeing what some of the more enthusiastic posters are seeing.  But I keep hoping and checking back.

No free copy for me, though - not a "hater". ^_^   And it's not the cost that stops me anyway, it's more the limited time I have to invest in enjoying simming and how I spend that time.

Still interested, still hope to see certain things happen and still follow the platform developments with enthusiasm, however.

Ah, and my rating?  I wrote and deleted a whole 'nother post on why I'm not going to throw a rating out there.  Partly because I'm still just a demo user, but mostly because any number I give is only relevant to me, my needs and desires and is obviously for the most part a reflection of my own personal biases.

Scott

Just over the top of the fence :unsure:

Have brought the full copy but havent removed FSX.....yet

I have many dollars worth of GoFlight equipment and find at the moment to get these working with X-Plane my limiting factor.

If I could get these working easily, I would rate it a 7.5

Trevor Golding

I have many dollars worth of GoFlight equipment and find at the moment to get these working with X-Plane my limiting factor.

I certainly hope the GoFlight hardware works with X-Plane. I might be looking at this hardware or that of VRInsight in the near future. Talking about removing FSX (FS9 also), after 18 months, it's still on one of my hard drives. Problem is, I lost my C drive a couple of weeks ago and I don't believe it will work any more, since MS puts a lot of things in the registry that will be missing. Not a big loss, all it was used for was scenery conversion.

Let us know how your GoFlight installation goes.

good luck

I give it a 7.5.

I would give it 8 if there was full 64-bit support for xSquawkBox as this is currently the only thing preventing me from going 64-bit full time. I haven't actually logged onto VATSIM in quite some time due to this limitation as I still need to revert back to 32-bit if I want to fly online.

Haha worth a try :lol: at least it would be domestic shipping

I'm running alongside the bandwagon...thinking about getting on but just not sure yet, there's just things I don't want to lose

I don't understand... There's no part of X-plane that forces you to uninstall FSX? You can perfectly run both on your computer.  Have it available once something you want to check out comes out or when a new update arrives.

I rate it an 8. Nicer clouds with better performance and tropical water would be great.

I don't want to start a war and in the interest of total honesty I have not tried XP yet, just reading the different reviews trying to make up my mind and the variance surprises me.

Some say 5 because of unrealistic AI, ATC, lack of default airports, poor cloud depiction, poor wxr depiction, seasons and the UI.  Yet others say it is an 7, 8 and approaching a 10 within a few months.  So my questions is this?

Is realistic AI, ATC, default airports, realistic clouds, weather, seasons really worth 1-2 points.  It seems to me those things are about 40-50% of any good sim.  So realistically missing all those things how can XP be any more than a 5-6 right now?  That is taking into consideration FSX and FS9 are at best an 8 with all their respective issues after all their years.  A 10 is perfection, I can't put ANY Flightsim in that category unfortunately!  Nothing out there has everything and does it perfectly. (the definition of a 10) 

So are people being realistic that XP is a 7 or 8 approaching a 10?  I don't know , maybe it is just me and yes I know I need to get off my b*tt and try it but I want to go into it with the right expectations.  It seems that going in expecting an 8 approaching a 10 I would be very disappointed.  Going into it expecting a 5 or 6 I may actually be pleasantly surprsied and enjoy XP for what it's worth.  But if I go in expecting an 8 and get a 5 I will probably never install again.

So my question is, is it REALLY an 8 or is it really a 5-6 with people wanting it to be an 8?   I just want to set appropriate and realistic expectations before I install!

Thanks everyone.

-Paul 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Making items XP 10 in some ways is no harder than normal game. Some think Xplane will need to reach levels of scenery and landmarks like fsx has do not think it will addressed in version 10 nor in the next couple of years anyways, I do see incremental progress in terms using more your gpu or multicore CPU more freeing it up to make easier in the long term to add more features. It's tightening up code is what going on it will slowly overtime adds to visual or flying improvements. Going 64bit not wow factor so much in the short term it's laying foundation for the long term.

So my question is, is it REALLY an 8 or is it really a 5-6 with people wanting it to be an 8?

Hi Paul,

Rating X-Plane 10 at this moment in time is not necessary. It's still in beta, even though some say differently. A lot of third party developers are anxiously awaiting version 10.30 in order to release their products. The potential of this simulator is uncapped.

For me, since MS dumped a xxxxx in our midst by abandoning the franchise, I see no reason to continue to encourage them or any third party developers that don't get it. It was time to move on and I did, without regrets.

Hi Paul,

Rating X-Plane 10 at this moment in time is not necessary. It's still in beta, even though some say differently. A lot of third party developers are anxiously awaiting version 10.30 in order to release their products. The potential of this simulator is uncapped.

Thanks Michel, best advice yet!!!!  Don't rate just enjoy ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg