Sign in to follow this  
planenut

MFD Map Shifting

As soon as I start the engine, the MFD map constantly shifts back and forth. Hard to describe how far - maybe 1/8 inch. It shifts back and forth in a lower right to upper left direction approximately every second or less. If I shut down the engine (on the ground) it is steady again. Never have seen this on any G1000 display.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jim

As soon as I start the engine, the MFD map constantly shifts back and forth. Hard to describe how far - maybe 1/8 inch. It shifts back and forth in a lower right to upper left direction approximately every second or less. If I shut down the engine (on the ground) it is steady again. Never have seen this on any G1000 display.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jim

Same here...constant updating also, every couple of seconds?

shifting back and forth still happening after SP1 (and yes the map seems to update too often for no reason).

SP1...I must be blind? Didn't see it in the "Update section"? You guys got linkey?

you need to sign into your account to get the update.

DOH!...Got it...Forgot about it being all the way to right!

Hi,

for my feeling it is only the layer for the Airspace-Zone-Lines, after Decluttering to -1 or -2 these lines are removed and for me this shifting is gone. Using Dx9.

Regarding the constant updating of the map ... I don´t know maybe it is a "feature" that this unit doesn´t need to fill in the complete map but only parts of it in a certain put in range value to inhibit a large overflow of data in FSX and causing stutters?! Try to enlarge some range values in the Menu of the G1000, maybe the refreshing will get less ... for my taste and PC-power I will not touch these things as I am happy to have a flyable G1000 plane again in my hangar! :rolleyes:

Heh, I don't think you're left out of this anymore than you were left out with BP and Inert Sep lights not working right :-)

:lol: ... THIS ONE, I can TRUELY say, is not a prob.  Im DX10 though. I've found that DX10 is more agreeable with some Carenado planes like the Baron 58. The pops ups in the 58 actually work with dx10.... and I have no clue why that would be.