Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

How many of you have flown in real life?

One hour in a C152 as an introductory lesson.(birthday present from 'er indoors) Abso-bloody-lutely marvellous! I'm angling for another one for the next birthday.  B) 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Started flying in the 80's - solo was a Piper Tomahawk, then checked out in the PA-28 Warrior and full-IFR Archer (where I started working on my IFR but never finished), also checked out in the Cessna 152, 172 and 182. Have left-seat time in the 206 and 210, and had the privilege of flying left seat in a Cessna 310 - my first, last and only experience in a twin. I have just over 600 hours total, and stopped flying some time ago because of money and health.

Now, with the complexity of the latest aircraft, like the Coolsky MD-80 and the PMDG 737NGX, with real scenery and weather, I feel like I'm flying again.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I started flying gliders at 14 and soloed in one but lost interest. Started flying power off and on at 16 but finally kicked it into gear when I turned 17 and got my PPL on January 12th at the age of 17 with just 40 hours total flight time. Took most of my instruction in a C-152 along with the check ride but I am currently renting out C-172's. Joining the Air Force this summer and going for Air Traffic Control.

Might have something to do with sector length LOL...  :P

We're all pushing 890-900 hours a year here, we're terribly understaffed... We're at the stage where we've to charter in aircraft because we just can't legally log any more hours in the month... :mellow:  At least you've got your farm now right?

Regards,

Ró.

If you are looking for someone to sweep up and make the tea................;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

No license and of course have flown many many flights as a passenger (both civilian and military). I did have the opportunity to take the controls of an old AT-6 Texan over the north coast of Oahua and the down towards Hickam and Pearl Harbor. Actually was permitted to do a couple of of barrel roles and a few loops :Nail Biting: . I am sure the pilot had his hand on the stick but I could not tell it!!! :yahoo:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I start flying in 1997,I got my ppl in 2001. Got my cpl in 2005. Work with a locla chater airline in Jamaica for about a year,company close down. I haven't fly in 2 years now. I have type ratings on C150,152,172,182,206,207,208,210,piper aztec,piper navajo,beach baron. Left seat beach 1900 d model and a G5-50. Ride in cockpit of a320 couple of times. I have over 700 flight time

Well, I have 10 hours in a Cessna! Doesn't rate, but at least I tried (money problems and a family...boo hoo).

I got a chance to fly back seat from NAS Lemoore in our two seater F/A-18's. -------- How cool is that wow so jealous  :good:

Its  a thrill  being  in  the fa-18 since  been up 3  times  once  at night  and the other 2  times  at daytime,   cant  say  what was  the better  thrill  doing the night  time low levels  or  doing the  day time  low levels.  Guess  I say  the day time low levels  since   flying along  the gorge  following the river  bed  along  the Katherine  gorge was a fantastic experience  which I guess I never  forget.  Been up  in other  military aircraft  but I cant  go past  the fa_18  rides

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Started in 1972 at a 141 school in PA-28's. Built up 99 hours in 1975  before I couldn't afford it anymore (Especially after I bought the Corvettte - Ah, the life of a clueless young man !)

I have type ratings on C150,152,172,182,206,207,208,210,piper aztec,piper navajo,beach baron.

I don't understand what you mean "type ratings" on these aircraft.  Would you explain what you mean please?

I don't understand what you mean "type ratings" on these aircraft.  Would you explain what you mean please?

I got a type rating for my park flyer too ;)

Sorry I'm loopy after spending 9 hours above 10,000 cabin altitude.

If you are looking for someone to sweep up and make the tea................ :wink:

We just closed the cabin crew recruitment for the season a week ago unfortunately...  :(  :Doh:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I don't know if this counts, but 1 hour in a 172N from EINC (Newcastle). Introductory flight only, not a lesson or logged, but I got to sit in the left seat and work the yoke for most of the flight.  A very illuminating experience.

The session was a present from my wife, and I haven't followed it up, but I'm hoping to book a proper lesson as soon as I have the spare cash.

I never had the money or the chance to fly anything except FS.

You guys are more fortunate than you realise, believe me.

I love flying and can whenever I get a chance (when work and family permits).

Plane going down for the annual soon (I hate that part). It's a 1979 Cessna R172K Hawk XP. IO 360, fuel injected, 6 cylinder, 195 HP, constant speed prop. It's a great plane to fly.

Also need to get my flight review in July.

Anyone ever in the area and wants to go flying, give me a shout!!