Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

Purchasing PRO-ATC/X

I guess we all jumped to the conclusion of great support and fast development too soon. The devs are hardly on forums anymore, one hasnt logged in close to a month. There hasnt been mention of an update for few weeks. So just becareful if you were considering purchasing this add on.

Kacper Nowotynski

That's a very uninformed and consequently unfair statement. If you would only check the Opus forum, you would know that Clive (Alph117) is hard at work with Stephen (Opus' author) trying to cause Opus' weather engine to provide the weather information ProATCX requires (http://www.simforums.com/forums/testing-out-new-flightplan-phase_topic45984.html).

I'd rather have the team work silently in the background improving the ATC program than to take time away from their work to answer some of the childish comments I read recently on ProATCX's forum.

JJ

Well in that case they should put some kind of statement. Instead they leave everyone hanging in their own forums. I mean people are asking with what is going on without any official responses for days. Hows that for being unfair and uninformed?

Kacper Nowotynski

Guest Mik75

Well in that case they should put some kind of statement. Instead they leave everyone hanging in their own forums. I mean people are asking with what is going on without any official responses for days. Hows that for being unfair and uninformed?

+1

It shouldn't be too hard to leave a short comment in the forum. I have no problem with waiting for an update. But poor communication, or the total lack of it isn't too nice.

Since when are devs required to post daily comments and spend time communicating on the forums..

I think they have simply spoiled the little children with seemingly constant updates... when most any other software development company provides annual or semi annual updates if that..

I for one would rather get frequent updates with little or no communication instead of constant communication with very infrequent updates.....

The app works fine for me as it is.... and yes I look forward to it being made better as time goes by.

Uh. I'm enjoying ProATC-X. The pace of development has been great. If they stop posting on the forum for a month, it's hardly cause for concern. Take a deep breath and relax.

Since when are devs required to post daily comments and spend time communicating on the forums..

Ask the "stakeholders" on the PMDG forum who seem to have a sense of entitlement, or should I say "Stakeholders" :P

I guess we all jumped to the conclusion of great support and fast development too soon. The devs are hardly on forums anymore, one hasnt logged in close to a month. There hasnt been mention of an update for few weeks. So just becareful if you were considering purchasing this add on.

You were not as harsh on the pro atcx forum, if I may quote you:

•  
  •  
Re: What's happening?

icon_post_target.gifby kaspern83 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:41 am

Apparently, Clive is working with Opus software guys to fix something between pro atc/x and opus software.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/testing ... page1.html

Looks like there is some hope guys. Its just too bad there was no official statement and it seems like they are letting their paying customers hanging. We shall see...

kaspern83    

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, it was after the fact..still doesnt change my stance on how I feel about being left in the dark..

Please, you quote me all youd like =)

Kacper Nowotynski

I realize you angry about it, but try not to look too much into it. If they had decided to do a runner (like PSS ) I am sure the website would be gone...and the forum.

I honestly believe they are working on a major update, and avoiding the forum to avoid distraction, maybe.

I think we need to be a bit more tolerant with developers, this is such a small hobby, we need every dev we can get. There are of course some dev's that i would not give the time of day, let alone my money.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

As I understand it PATCx is a two man crew, both with full time jobs, family, and all that goes with it. Their software is sandwiched somewhere in between.

I would think they should be given a bit of slack, and I marvel at what they have done so far.

Maybe they need to hire a customer support guy to run their forums.

I don't know... add this to the ' my software works fine on 10000 pc's, but 100 people have CTD's or other issues' ... and again this begs the question.. is it the software or the PC that is the real problem.... and should the dev trouble shoot their customer's pc so that their software can be made to work on it?

All this with 2 devs, family, work, and their software.... I think I would just post.. ' no further comments until the next version is ready ' and go hide in my cave ... :-)

I realize you angry about it, but try not to look too much into it. If they had decided to do a runner (like PSS ) I am sure the website would be gone...and the forum.

I honestly believe they are working on a major update, and avoiding the forum to avoid distraction, maybe.

I think we need to be a bit more tolerant with developers, this is such a small hobby, we need every dev we can get. There are of course some dev's that i would not give the time of day, let alone my money.

Im not angry at them at all. I have their software and I love it. But the reason I purchased it is because of the devs interactions on forums. Swift responses, quick updates. And for them to do what they are doing now just doesnt seem right. Especially everyone is waiting for that major update of ai interaction.. like me.. pretty much they were not pmdg. If you look at my previous posts in their forum and on avsim, I was praising clive and mourad. Im all about customer service and when its almost 100% and goes down to 10% in jyst 3 weeks wouldint that seem odd to you?

I really hope they are working on a major realease. But why leave everyone guessing after they shelled out 60 bucks or whatever their software cost?

Thanks

As I understand it PATCx is a two man crew, both with full time jobs, family, and all that goes with it. Their software is sandwiched somewhere in between.I would think they should be given a bit of slack, and I marvel at what they have done so far.Maybe they need to hire a customer support guy to run their forums.I don't know... add this to the ' my software works fine on 10000 pc's, but 100 people have CTD's or other issues' ... and again this begs the question.. is it the software or the PC that is the real problem.... and should the dev trouble shoot their customer's pc so that their software can be made to work on it?All this with 2 devs, family, work, and their software.... I think I would just post.. ' no further comments until the next version is ready ' and go hide in my cave ... :-)

I think Mourad said he works on Pro-atc about 10 hours a day. And used to work on it about 15 a day. Clive, no one is sure because he hasnt logged into his account since may 8th or something.

Kacper Nowotynski

Hi All, 

Yes, we have both been away for sometime, this is due to 'real world' commitments that both Mourad and myself have.

Also Mourad has not been very well over the last few weeks, so that has not helped; but he is getting better and is currently away on a few days holiday. He returns on Wednesday ( June 05th).

We are currently working on version 1.2.4.0, which is to add AI ATC voice. So you will now hear the AI talking to ATC, using the voices from ProATC/X, other AI stuff is also starting to take shape.

I have been busy also, as you might know I am a full time teacher, here in the UK and it is that time of year when exams(GCSE) for the students in our year 11 (16year olds) are taking place, this now goes on until the end of the school year, which is in July; so us teachers have to meet a lot of deadlines in terms of exams etc. Only 7 weeks left, then we have the summer holidays and 6 weeks off, can't wait.

So, I hope you can understand were we are, and yes, I have been looking at the OPUS weather engine with Stephen over on the OPUS site.
Looks like Stephen will have a 'break through' which makes sure that the AI land and take off on the correct runway.

So , all in all it has been a very busy 6 weeks and something has to give, and in this case it has been ProATC/X, but that is 'real life' I'm afraid, and with Mourad being sick has not helped either.

Once Mourad is back from his holidays, then it will be 'full' steam ahead again.

The manual is coming on 'slowly', but every-time I move forward there are changes in the software and hence changes have to be made to the manual.

There a lots more to come with ProATC/X still and an update will be out in the next few weeks.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Clive....Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that Mourad has been feeling poorly. It is always uncomfortable when members of our hobby forget that Dev's have real lives to attend just like we do.  I do hope you guys understand that the vast majority of us do support your efforts 100 percent and we don't get upset when a new shinny object does not come out every week to stare at! :Drooling:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/