Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FIVE-BY-FIVE

No More FMC, it's time to go back

yesterday I bought the McPhat Coolsky DC-9 ( :O WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX and the FJS 727 for Xplane 10.  Time to learn VOR to VOR Navigation :lol:  for the next few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWkKvBFkzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pHb9-1FRU

http://www.coolsky.no/index.php/dc-9-classic/reviews/346-dc-9-classic-review-avsim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good luck withe the basics!

I got the FJS727 and like it a lot. Let us know your experience with the DC-9, I am about to get that one too.

I got the FJS727 and like it a lot. Let us know your experience with the DC-9, I am about to get that one too.

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. :(  The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc.  There is just too many amazing things to mention.  Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review.  I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10.  Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right. 

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc. There is just too many amazing things to mention. Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review. I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10. Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right.

I can't take it anymore. I need the dc-9

I've been putting off purchases be abuse I know when I buy something something else will get released

But I've wanted the dc9 for awhile do I won't wait for a sale anymore

Lee

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. :(  The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc.  There is just too many amazing things to mention.  Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review.  I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10.  Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right. 

I've seen those Youtube videos. I am still not sure if it is better than Maddog...

I wish we seen this kind of payware in XP10 one day as well.

Flight1 has a great 30 day refund policy which you will not use :lol:  The manual on this payware is over 500pages :O

They had the CIVA-like INS systems :-)

The last add-on I had for P3D was A2A's B377 - that really was a VOR to VOR / NDB / Map / Celestial navigation machine :-)

For X-Plane you have the An-24, just released in 64 bit version :-) It's a detailled (as much as ti can be) simulation of the real thing! Didn't buy it, but I have the IL-14 (same author...)

I have been waiting for the DC-9 to go on sale, and I just KNOW that when I buy it, it will go on sale soon after

lee

VOR navigation? FS98 and earlier retro style...

I like it. Don't own that DC9, but the FJS 727 is a pleasure to fly. It's my airliner with the most "autopilot off" flying time. I like to switch ap off when I start descend and follow the flight director down to the runway.

On the many jumpseat flights I made, mainly on Airbuses, final approach was mainfly flown AP and ATHR off ....

The FJS 727 is my all time favorite classic jet of any sim. Very challenging always.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The FJS 727 is definitely an amazing aircraft and I love to fly it as well. I've been following them on their Facebook for some time now and some of the subtle hints from them seem to keep hinting at their next release to stay in the same genre and type as the 727 and hopefully that could only mean a DC-9.. Heres to hoping that will be true! A DC-9 from them would be great. 

Ill add my thumbs up for the FJS 727.  My favorite airliner in any sim so far.

Im not a big fan of glass cockpits.

Rob

McPhat Coolsky DC-9 (  WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX

FIVE,

Are you using FSX or P3D?  Just curious.  I got rid of FSX and the DC-9 is not for P3D.

Thanks

McPhat Coolsky DC-9 ( WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX

FIVE,

Are you using FSX or P3D? Just curious. I got rid of FSX and the DC-9 is not for P3D.

Thanks

I asked the dev if it worked in p3d and they didn't know.

Do you? Does it work, Five?

FSX only, I didn't install it in P3D yet.    This Plane is (like my kid says)  "Sickkkk!" :lol:  I have been busy studying the manual and in-sim voice training tutorials.

Cool yeah I'm going to get it.

If you decide to install in P3d let us know how it goes

Lee

On a related point, are there any good tutorials or videos for VOR and DME noobs...?

You will be rewarded with a sense of accomplishment when your done. I am a real life C750 pilot and I love this old plane. Basics help us to understand what it is about. Go to your local airport and see if they have some old charts you can pick up for little of nothing, they can be out of date. They don't change that much anyway. Get an E6B and you will have a blast learning to work one. Or just download one for your phone it will help you with the calculations and you can even learn to fly a sid and star by hand with time and distance. Good luck. Cpt out.

The FJS 727 is definitely an amazing aircraft and I love to fly it as well. I've been following them on their Facebook for some time now and some of the subtle hints from them seem to keep hinting at their next release to stay in the same genre and type as the 727 and hopefully that could only mean a DC-9.. Heres to hoping that will be true! A DC-9 from them would be great.

A DC9 would be cool. Too bad the real ones are coke cans now.

On the many jumpseat flights I made, mainly on Airbuses, final approach was mainfly flown AP and ATHR off ....

They do not want to give away the good stuff.

The DC-9 and Boeing 727 are classic planes,  gotta use ear plugs as that old breast is noisy.  VOR and DME navigtion the good ole days.  FMC almost think I am using a microwave to cook something. 

Old Style Navigation is soooo much fun!  In control of the whole Plane, being awake for the whole route and keeping track of the flight is awesome.  I can't believe I did so much FMS/AUTO flights in the past.....This is fun!  The FJS 727 and Coolsky DC-9 are great but the Coolsky DC-9 wins this purchase by a mile :lol:   Just the built-in co-pilot voice tutorial and real-time monitoring of systems with schematic diagrams that show fuel flowing inside the plane and other stuff beats the PMDG and everything else out there...AVSIM was right to AWARD THIS PAYWARE With a GOLD STAR AWARD.  I added the TSS Sound Pack, McPhat 4096k Liveries and the McPhat 4096k Cockpit Textures and this has brought FSX to a whole new level of realism ahead of xp10 :ph34r:  :lol:   We need this kind of support in xp10 soon, especially with 64bit power behind it.

a quote from the Avsim Review: "By far, this is one of the very few aircraft available for FS that actually FEELS like an airplane. The characteristics of the model are utterly amazing and it reminded me so much of what it was like flying a real airline by hand."

Why can't xp10 developers create high tech built-in tutorials?  xp10 is now 64bit.  How can fsx get these high tech addons in their 32bit code and xp10 can't yet?

XP10 needs time...just that.

There are things in XP10 no MacPath can provide you with, like some weather effects, details that you can put into the aircraft / helo / ... model that could never be modelled in MSFS, etc...

Uh? Whazzup ?????? I'm feeling strange ?!?!?!?!?.....

Old Style Navigation is soooo much fun!  In control of the whole Plane, being awake for the whole route and keeping track of the flight is awesome.  I can't believe I did so much FMS/AUTO flights in the past.....This is fun! 

That's the reason, why I'm flying most of the time "by hand" (after flying for quite some time "automatically" during my MSFS times). Would you like do let your car driving you to ... wherever? :lol: Driving (or flying) by oneself is the fun.

Would you like do let your car driving you to ... wherever?

maybe in 50 years :lol: